Texas (again)

16 minutes ago, BillStime said:

And here is someone with any credibility:

I paste some posts for their entertainment value..................Juanita Broderick tries to make a point.

You pasted three democrats all lying about a put up story as some type of proof of something.

Mine may have been poor taste, yours is an outright lie.

:lol:

3 minutes ago, B-Man said:

I paste some posts for their entertainment value..................Juanita Broderick tries to make a point.

You pasted three democrats all lying about a put up story as some type of proof of something.

Mine may have been poor taste, yours is an outright lie.

:lol:

Did Senate Republicans in Texas not pass Senate Bill 3?

If you’re not familiar with Michelle Beckley, Michelle Beckley wants to change that.

The Democratic Texas state representative would like to become a household name, but she can’t do it without your help:

“For those asking.” Anyone else getting “much-anticipated” vibes right now?

But we digress. Because as lame as her begging for contributions is, her begging for Twitter followers is even sadder. Especially because she’s touting her own stunning bravery to do it.

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2021/07/21/texas-democrat-wants-you-to-know-how-brave-she-is-for-taking-a-private-jet-to-dc-and-risking-other-peoples-lives/

E60bjmaWQAAEvV8?format=png&name=small

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 hours ago, BillStime said:

I did nazi that coming

Lets' get a little truth out there.

What happened is that Democrats added a bunch of concepts and documents that schoolkids should know in the anti-CRT bill that passed the House a few weeks ago.

The list was incredibly detailed and extensive, when it’s the role of the state board of education, not the legislature, to get into the weeds of the specifics of the curriculum. Besides, many of the items are *already* covered in the curriculum.

It was widely expected that the Senate would pare down the House bill, and that’s what it did, including cutting a provision citing the KKK.

This emphatically does not mean that Texas is banning teaching about the KKK—anyone saying otherwise is misinformed or lying.

The bill does not subtract anything from the current curriculum, and says so explicitly: “(e)  Nothing in this section may be construed as limiting the teaching of or instruction in the essential knowledge and skills adopted under this subchapter.

7 hours ago, B-Man said:

These people are really confused.  They're at the WRONG CAPITAL BUILDING!   They're supposed to be at the Texas Capital Building.  Can someone send them a picture?  Don't they go there all the time?  I would have thought they knew where they worked, who elected them, and what authority they have, but that's probably asking too much.

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

These people are really confused.  They're at the WRONG CAPITAL BUILDING!   They're supposed to be at the Texas Capital Building.  Can someone send them a picture?  Don't they go there all the time?  I would have thought they knew where they worked, who elected them, and what authority they have, but that's probably asking too much.

It's like a number of years ago when people went to Sacramento to fight for same sex marriage.  I told them they were going to the wrong capital.  

4 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

It's like a number of years ago when people went to Sacramento to fight for same sex marriage.  I told them they were going to the wrong capital.  

It's like in 2017 when I saw a bunch of anti-Trump people marching down Palm Canyon Boulevard in Palm Springs.....and I stopped to ask them who they were protesting to or at?  Hilary won California....by a lot!  They should've been protesting in Florida!  Total idiots.

4 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

It's like in 2017 when I saw a bunch of anti-Trump people marching down Palm Canyon Boulevard in Palm Springs.....and I stopped to ask them who they were protesting to or at?  Hilary won California....by a lot!  They should've been protesting in Florida!  Total idiots.

Why I like it "down the road" in Indio.  Pro Trump down there.  

18 minutes ago, B-Man said:

The 10th amendment is NOT about state rights..........as you think they are.

10th Amendment Simplified - 10th amendment simplified

https://constitutioncenter.org/interactive-constitution/amendment/amendment-x?gclid=CjwKCAjwi9-HBhACEiwAPzUhHNsxgWC0tjnxDOicwK6r4-UfuDE6cu32-fgXIAaEcCPoIYdCNcqlPxoCnPkQAvD_BwE

Sure is 

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

Why I like it "down the road" in Indio.  Pro Trump down there.  

Good to know....I'll send the protestors over there, if I see them again. 🙂 

I was simply trying to enjoy a quiet dinner out with my wife. 

4 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

I'm confused.  How does one fight for something that already exists??  

When some of your crowy pals try to take it away, these people fight to retain the right.  It should be simple to understand, even for you. 

6 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

When some of your crowy pals try to take it away, these people fight to retain the right.  It should be simple to understand, even for you. 

Awesome.   Explain how they are trying to take away right to vote.  

I’ll give you one shot. 

Just now, Chef Jim said:

The question wasn’t about who it was about how. 

I’ll give you one more try.  How are they trying to take away the right to vote.  

I'm sorry.  I'm just trying to make sure that I comprehend your question.  The "they" to whom you refer is your crowy pals, is that correct?  I can't possibly begin to answer your question if I don't know the identity of the "they" to which or whom you refer.