Trump’s follies

Expensive being a criminal 

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Donald Trump's political operation has helped pay the legal expenses of more than a dozen people contacted by prosecutors investigating the former president, tying up millions of dollars that otherwise could be used for his 2024 White House bid.

Reuters has identified 13 potential witnesses or co-defendants who were represented by law firms that received payments from a political group run by Trump, based on interviews and a review of court records and campaign finance disclosures. The payments were disclosed in campaign finance reports as general payments to law firms rather than specific payments to individuals.

Those law firms, which include Brand Woodward, Dhillon Law Group and Greenberg Traurig, received more than $2.1 million in the first six months of this year from Save America, a Trump group that is separate from his campaign but played a major role raising money to support him as the frontrunner for the 2024 Republican nomination.

https://news.yahoo.com/trumps-campaign-machine-bleeding-cash-101004312.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZHJ1ZGdlcmVwb3J0LmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAHJo_SrxbD3ewSEiAFG111kSgMbzk9l3Atkef1nWkahv5ASNG1q92XPQXCXcNJMnQ2usrdzW2uFxPKNxOcsDeWhoQsfLRi8BxAPmdHs-7_-PhLV1ILtidJKJfD98VVStjlGw8BvR8OeJsxzUkp8YhembDAyKp0oQ398N3Hb9RPZt

• Eyeroll 1

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Expensive being a criminal 

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Donald Trump's political operation has helped pay the legal expenses of more than a dozen people contacted by prosecutors investigating the former president, tying up millions of dollars that otherwise could be used for his 2024 White House bid.

Reuters has identified 13 potential witnesses or co-defendants who were represented by law firms that received payments from a political group run by Trump, based on interviews and a review of court records and campaign finance disclosures. The payments were disclosed in campaign finance reports as general payments to law firms rather than specific payments to individuals.

Those law firms, which include Brand Woodward, Dhillon Law Group and Greenberg Traurig, received more than $2.1 million in the first six months of this year from Save America, a Trump group that is separate from his campaign but played a major role raising money to support him as the frontrunner for the 2024 Republican nomination.

https://news.yahoo.com/trumps-campaign-machine-bleeding-cash-101004312.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZHJ1ZGdlcmVwb3J0LmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAHJo_SrxbD3ewSEiAFG111kSgMbzk9l3Atkef1nWkahv5ASNG1q92XPQXCXcNJMnQ2usrdzW2uFxPKNxOcsDeWhoQsfLRi8BxAPmdHs-7_-PhLV1ILtidJKJfD98VVStjlGw8BvR8OeJsxzUkp8YhembDAyKp0oQ398N3Hb9RPZt

Trump doesn't need to spend money.  The Dems are his best campaign donors...

• Like (+1) 1

Huh? 

“If I’m sitting down and that boat is going down and I’m on top of a battery and the water starts flooding in, I’m getting concerned, but then I look 10 yards to my left and there’s a shark over there, so I have a choice of electrocution and a shark, you know what I’m going to take? Electrocution,” Trump said. “I will take electrocution every single time, do we agree?”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/oct/02/donald-trump-electrocution-campaign-event-iowa

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Andy1 said:

They interviewed Bolton about this and asked if he had any reason not to believe Kelly, trump's longest acting chief of staff.  Bolton said "none whatever" then told another disgusting story about trump.  These people despise him and they worked for him.  Shouldn't the average Joe?

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/29/2023 at 2:18 PM, Tommy Callahan said:

For folks that say they are dems,

they sure spend a lot of time, effort, mind space on the orange dude, vs promoting some DEM accomplishments.

Can you highlight the threads where Trump did good things for all Americans and then I will highlight all the ones where Biden did… you want to play this game?

Remember back when the left-leaning elite media claimed former President Donald Trumpmade disparaging remarks about wounded veterans? Well, since it appears they have nothing else to do, they are resurrecting that particular false narrative.

Former White House Chief of Staff John Kelly, who served under Trump, gave an exclusive interview to CNN in which he “confirmed” that the former president had referred to wounded veterans as “losers” and “suckers.”

Haven’t we gone through this already?

As it turns out, we have.

The original claims about Trump’s comments came from an article in The Atlantic that said the former president refused to visit a World War I memorial in France when he made the comments. However, everyone in Trump’s orbit – including some who later turned on him, denied these claims.

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2020/09/04/the-latest-garbage-hit-piece-on-trump-begins-to-fall-apart-as-real-evidence-emerges-n253508

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Remember back when the left-leaning elite media claimed former President Donald Trumpmade disparaging remarks about wounded veterans? Well, since it appears they have nothing else to do, they are resurrecting that particular false narrative.

Former White House Chief of Staff John Kelly, who served under Trump, gave an exclusive interview to CNN in which he “confirmed” that the former president had referred to wounded veterans as “losers” and “suckers.”

The original claims about Trump’s comments came from an article in The Atlantic that said the former president refused to visit a World War I memorial in France when he made the comments. However, everyone in Trump’s orbit – including some who later turned on him, denied these claims.

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2020/09/04/the-latest-garbage-hit-piece-on-trump-begins-to-fall-apart-as-real-evidence-emerges-n253508

Just read your linked article.

Where exactly in the article does it contradict what Kelly said?

https://x.com/EricColumbus/status/1708966629021786618?t=l-dqUVu4TrUHJmtPLLc2VA&s=01

In your article, it talks about Trump's respect for American soldiers. Yet we saw what Trump said about McCain's service and how he trashed a gold star family.

Are you saying that Trump didn't say those things even though you saw him say those things?

Was it done with mirrors?

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, B-Man said:

IT gets clicks from the mob.  mobs lack critical thinking skills and search out triggers/stimuli to keep them enraged.

Edited by Tommy Callahan
  • Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Milley was there.  He just reiterated the stories.  Bolton substantiated them.  STOP LYING

that shite don't stick

No, Bolton, who was there an no fan of Trump, refuted them.  I don't recall Milley.

• Thank you (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Doc said:

No, Bolton, who was there an no fan of Trump, refuted them.  I don't recall Milley.

Ever notice how those who worked closest with Trump are the ones telling us how dangerously incompetent he is.