AOC's abuela

23 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

No one is applying for jobs because they can get paid not to work and not look for a job more than if they worked- that is a broken government. I can't argue with the stupidity that argues govt must subsidize people's lifestyles and then complain the companies don't pay enough. The problem is govt and peoples choices, not the business. I had to move from Buffalo to Florida to find a good job. I had to leave my extended family for us to find jobs. That move made us about 50k extra in the first 12 months and more since, but life in America gives you choices all the time, when you blame others for your crap choices you are a liberal 

That’s false. For

example, Companies that received PPP funds and an employee chose not to come back needed to inform unemployment the person refused to come back in order to kick them off unemployment for one or that person would hurt their FTE ratio for forgiveness.

In addition, I think what we’re seeing is more of a shift in the lower wage job seekers. Why should these people risk their lives in a pandemic for a wage that isn’t enough to live? I think one good thing from the pandemic may be a shift in what employees will accept in wages. We will have a better idea on that when we get some data of the red states that cut unemployment vs blue states that kept it and how the labor force reacts.

Businesses not paying enough is literally having the government subsidize lifestyles (except probably worse that how you’re viewing it). Say owner X pays a wage of $10 an hour to employees and he nets $200,000 a year. If he pays $15 an hour he would only net $100,000 a year, but paying $15 an hour means all his employees wouldn’t need food stamps.

The government is allowing him to pay a wage of $10 an hour and he knows the government will kick in extra compensation with food stamps. That allows him to have $200,000 instead of $100,000. So your tax money is going to him getting an extra $100,000 a year.

let’s flip that and pay $15 an hour. At $15 an hour his employees don’t need food stamps so $0 of your tax money go to them getting food stamps. But business owner now only gets $100,000. He’s still pretty well and but he is not getting an advantage from using your tax money.

So really food stamps and such actually allow businesses to be more profitable because it allows businesses to provide lower wages.

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

That’s false. For

example, Companies that received PPP funds and an employee chose not to come back needed to inform unemployment the person refused to come back in order to kick them off unemployment for one or that person would hurt their FTE ratio for forgiveness.

In addition, I think what we’re seeing is more of a shift in the lower wage job seekers. Why should these people risk their lives in a pandemic for a wage that isn’t enough to live? I think one good thing from the pandemic may be a shift in what employees will accept in wages. We will have a better idea on that when we get some data of the red states that cut unemployment vs blue states that kept it and how the labor force reacts.

Businesses not paying enough is literally having the government subsidize lifestyles (except probably worse that how you’re viewing it). Say owner X pays a wage of $10 an hour to employees and he nets $200,000 a year. If he pays $15 an hour he would only net $100,000 a year, but paying $15 an hour means all his employees wouldn’t need food stamps.

The government is allowing him to pay a wage of $10 an hour and he knows the government will kick in extra compensation with food stamps. That allows him to have $200,000 instead of $100,000. So your tax money is going to him getting an extra $100,000 a year.

let’s flip that and pay $15 an hour. At $15 an hour his employees don’t need food stamps so $0 of your tax money go to them getting food stamps. But business owner now only gets $100,000. He’s still pretty well and but he is not getting an advantage from using your tax money.

So really food stamps and such actually allow businesses to be more profitable because it allows businesses to provide lower wages.

What did I say that was false? That I had to move to get a better job? Or that grown ups should make that decision for themselves? Your issue is that you want more govt intervention to fix the intervention they screwed up. I want less govt because it rarely works in the long run.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
On 6/5/2021 at 3:23 PM, Doc said:

This is great.  Apparently AOC's abuela's home in PR was damaged during Hurricane Maria (almost 4 years ago) and AOC claims she still hasn't gotten the money to fix it because of, you guessed it, Trump.  Despite the fact that AOC is a Congress critter and has money now, she's been making dear old abuela live in "squalid conditions" the whole time.  Well conservative commentator Matt Walsh felt bad and started a GoFundMe page for abuela and it raised over $100K in 11 hours.  But it was shut down because abuela apparently doesn't want that money, she wants government money.

If that doesn't sum almost everything up, I don't know what does.

SURPRISE !! NOT !!!!!!

AOC is a douche canoe in more ways than we will ever know & it tells us a lot about those that voted to put her in the position she is in and that is truly the scary piece of this puzzle that the younger generation connects with her so well ! 

• Thank you (+1) 1