Biden creates an economic crisis--Unemployment, Inflation, risk of STAGLFATION increasing

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

REMINDER:

Remember a couple years ago when Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen and others in the Biden White House assured us that inflation would be “transitory”?

Ah, those were the days, and the evolution of the spin was amazing:

They knew they were lying and continue to know it does not matter at all to continue doing so.

They know they can continue to lie with impunity because activist media and useful idiots.

All that's left is to get the election "fortification" infrastructure in place for 2024.

And presto!  A cadaver is POTUS for four more years, unless he assumes room temperature first that is.

2 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

They knew they were lying and continue to know it does not matter at all to continue doing so.

They know they can continue to lie with impunity because activist media and useful idiots.

All that's left is to get the election "fortification" infrastructure in place for 2024.

And presto!  A cadaver is POTUS for four more years, unless he assumes room temperature first that is.

• 3 weeks later...

Just 34% approve of Biden’s handling of the economy as he hits the road to talk up ‘Bidenomics’
The Associated Press ^ | June 28, 2023 | BY JOSH BOAK AND EMILY SWANSON

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Joe Biden had a tough sell Wednesday: Convincing voters the U.S. economy is flourishing.

With the president set to showcase “Bidenomics” in a speech in Chicago, a new poll finds that only one in three U.S. adults approve of his economic leadership. That 34% figure is even lower than his overall approval rating of 41%, according to the survey from The Associated Press-NORC Center for Public Affairs Research.

Biden’s approval figures have barely moved for the past year and a half, a source of concern for a president seeking reelection on his ability to govern and make a positive difference for the middle class and the U.S. economy. He wants voters to connect new infrastructure projects, factory construction and the rise of electric vehicles and renewable energy to the initiatives he signed into law during the first two years of his administration.

The new poll identifies a weakness within Biden’s own base. Many of the Democrats he needs to marshal in 2024 are comparatively unenthusiastic about his economic record. Seventy-two percent within his party say they approve of his handling of his job overall, but just 60% say they approve of his handling of the economy.

Excerpt) Read more at apnews.com ..https://apnews.com/article/biden-poll-economy-survey-jobs-inflation-b3c77cb208f96f9b039cf48cbc4fb67b

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Just 34% approve of Biden’s handling of the economy as he hits the road to talk up ‘Bidenomics’
The Associated Press ^ | June 28, 2023 | BY JOSH BOAK AND EMILY SWANSON

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Joe Biden had a tough sell Wednesday: Convincing voters the U.S. economy is flourishing.

With the president set to showcase “Bidenomics” in a speech in Chicago, a new poll finds that only one in three U.S. adults approve of his economic leadership. That 34% figure is even lower than his overall approval rating of 41%, according to the survey from The Associated Press-NORC Center for Public Affairs Research.

Biden’s approval figures have barely moved for the past year and a half, a source of concern for a president seeking reelection on his ability to govern and make a positive difference for the middle class and the U.S. economy. He wants voters to connect new infrastructure projects, factory construction and the rise of electric vehicles and renewable energy to the initiatives he signed into law during the first two years of his administration.

The new poll identifies a weakness within Biden’s own base. Many of the Democrats he needs to marshal in 2024 are comparatively unenthusiastic about his economic record. Seventy-two percent within his party say they approve of his handling of his job overall, but just 60% say they approve of his handling of the economy.

Excerpt) Read more at apnews.com ..https://apnews.com/article/biden-poll-economy-survey-jobs-inflation-b3c77cb208f96f9b039cf48cbc4fb67b

The fact he is trying to champion this crap economy vs acknowledging and/or trying to do anything to fix it, its so daft.

• Agree 1

Yeah this Biden economy is terrible. And the fed will keep raising interest rates protecting the elites and diminishing the middle class, and smothering the working class. 

Great job Joe. You're gonna go down in history buddy. 

• Like (+1) 2

46 minutes ago, TSOL said:

Yeah this Biden economy is terrible. And the fed will keep raising interest rates protecting the elites and diminishing the middle class, and smothering the working class. 

Great job Joe. You're gonna go down in history buddy. 

Not sure I agree with this take. The Fed should’ve slowly raised interest rates long ago. Long before Biden. Raising rates is one of the tools used to slow the rate of inflation. Unfortunately after the Great Recession they got complacent, or fearful of another one, so they let them sit there at essentially zero. In fact for a while you recall that there was talk about them going negative; which is a macro financial concept that I never actually understood. 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Not sure I agree with this take. The Fed should’ve slowly raised interest rates long ago. Long before Biden. Raising rates is one of the tools used to slow the rate of inflation. Unfortunately after the Great Recession they got complacent, or fearful of another one, so they let them sit there at essentially zero. In fact for a while you recall that there was talk about them going negative; which is a macro financial concept that I never actually understood. 

I think the feds are OK/support  inflation as it makes the GDP look better. Till it doesn't.

Edited by Chris farley
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Chris farley said:

I think the feds are OK/support with inflation as it makes the GDP look better. Till it doesn't.

I’m not going to blame the Fed for trying to put out out the fire started by the elected class of morons running this country. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’m not going to blame the Fed for trying to put out out the fire started by the elected class of morons running this country. 

but like you said, they should have been raising rates while they were saying "transitionary". 

Will be interesting to see how they react in the coming months.

2 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

but like you said, they should have been raising rates while they were saying "transitionary". 

Will be interesting to see how they react in the coming months.

Chris, they should’ve been slowly raising rates long before Biden took office. For that, I blame the Fed leadership. 

• Agree 2

https://www.axios.com/2023/06/29/biden-speech-chicago-bidenomics

Republicans biggest fear: the economy will keep humming along, avoiding recession or another bout of inflation, straight through to election day 2024.

There is a perfectly good chance this will happen ...

[I still think a recession is inevitable, but I'm not so sure anymore that it'll hit before November 2024, and the various indicators like the bond markets show a similar confidence in the short term]

• Like (+1) 1