this is a flat-out lie by donohoe

from the d & c:

"Donahoe rejected reports that he was asking too much for Henry.

'If not being offered anything is being greedy, then we were greedy,' he said. 'We were willing to discuss anything but somebody has to offer you something so that you can have a conversation.'"

from the nashville tennesean:

"The Titans entered the picture over the weekend and were willing to give up a draft pick for Henry, but the Bills didn't think it was a high enough pick. Fisher wouldn't go into specifics about the talks."

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus Dave is TD going to have to get an Order of Protection against you?

319229[/snapback]

no, but i do think he's being disingenuous about all of this. i mean, blaming the agent for not working hard enough to get a trade? that's pretty bush league. i just want the whole episode to be over with and for the bills to get on with business. henry on the bills presents a problem to the team, and i fear they'll have to end up releasing him to solve it. i've said this before -- keeping him on the roster means that someone else won't be, and given henry's negative attitude -- which will in no diminish over the next six months -- that someone else will be preferable to TH.

from the d & c:

'If not being offered anything is being greedy, then we were greedy,' he said. 'We were willing to discuss anything but somebody has to offer you something so that you can have a conversation.'"

"The Titans entered the picture over the weekend and were willing to give up a draft pick for Henry, but the Bills didn't think it was a high enough pick. Fisher wouldn't go into specifics about the talks."

319223[/snapback]

TD is just trying to save face for dropping the ball after talking tough for 3 months.......he's taking a beating in the press and is in full spin mode........there is no doubt there were teams interested and making offers on saturday.....

from the d & c:

319223[/snapback]

Get a grib, it's called semantics. "Anything" likely means something acceptable.

Then again, who cares?

I could care less what my team's GM has to do to field a winning team. He can lie, cheat steal or insult my wife and I just won't care, as long as he's doing his job.

One might also simply infer that an "offer" consists of an offer WORTH LISTENING TO... Just a thought........  :o

319237[/snapback]

as opposed to a straight up release? i'm not saying it's going to happen for sure, but it's definitely in the realm of possibility at this point.

For whatever reason, there was no market for veteran RBs on draft day. If all he was offered was a 4th or 5th round pick, I'm glad he didn't take it. The worst case scenario is that TH doesn't report and he doesn't get paid until someone comes along and wants to trade for him later. I would rather let him sit and sulk than trade him for next to nothing.

from the d & c:

319223[/snapback]

Read the last sentance in the d&C quote. If someone offered a sixth rounder right now for Willis, would that constitute a reason to have a converstaion. TD was upfront all the way that the Bills would only take a trade if they thought they were getting"fair" value. If Fisher called TD and said we would consider TH for our fifth, is that something TD should have reponded to?

For whatever reason, there was no market for veteran RBs on draft day.  If all he was offered was a 4th or 5th round pick, I'm glad he didn't take it.  The worst case scenario is that TH doesn't report and he doesn't get paid until someone comes along and wants to trade for him later.  I would rather let him sit and sulk than trade him for next to nothing.

319256[/snapback]

not me - i'd take the pick. there are a lot of prospects that can make a team and contribute in the 5th round. let me ask you this: who will be more valuable to the team next year: kevin thomas as a nickel back or a sulking travis henry? a valuable special teams linebacker who makes plays or a sulking travis henry?

Ummm, you offer the fact that TD made a flat out lie, then back it up with....nothing more than a vague comment? I was expecting something of substance, poor post.

319259[/snapback]

how vague is this?

"The Titans entered the picture over the weekend and were willing to give up a draft pick for Henry, but the Bills didn't think it was a high enough pick."

in other words, it reads "Tennessee offered the Bills a late round pick for Travis Henry. The Bills weren't interested."

319223[/snapback]

The operative word here is "anything." I look at it as TD saying "anything" commensurate with the value we place on TH.

Shades of grey, not B&W. That's the language of GMs.

not me - i'd take the pick. there are a lot of prospects that can make a team and contribute in the 5th round.  let me ask you this: who will be more valuable to the team next year: kevin thomas as a nickel back or a sulking travis henry?  a valuable special teams linebacker who makes plays or a sulking travis henry?

319263[/snapback]

How about the possibility that TH won't be a Bill come opening day and we'll be getting picks to be used in a much stronger draft class?

Don't be so myopic on this. The season doesn't start today.