Random Political Thoughts Inc.

T&C

41 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Did you conveniently forget that actual Democratic congressional representatives boycotted Trump’s inauguration? If that isn’t rejecting the results of elections I have no idea what planet we’re living on. 

Boycott? So what. I mean, that's all you got? 

A friggin boycott! 

10 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Boycott? So what. I mean, that's all you got? 

A friggin boycott! 

YOU said that Democrats respect the results of elections….not me. Your definition of respect is obviously way different from mine. And, there’s literally no comparison between a bunch of Trump supporting nitwits and actual sitting members of Congress. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

YOU said that Democrats respect the results of elections….not me. Your definition of respect is obviously way different from mine. And, there’s literally no comparison between a bunch of Trump supporting nitwits and actual sitting members of Congress. 

Tibs, and many others here and out and about in the world, lacks intellectual honesty.  One of the more notable lightweights who reappeared when the wall be started closing is a prime example of lying to himself about what’s really happening in the political realm.  

There are those that manipulate, and those willing to be manipulated.  

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Boycotting is nothing like sending a mob to attack the legislature, ridiculous 

10 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Tibs, and many others here and out and about in the world, lacks intellectual honesty.  One of the more notable lightweights who reappeared when the wall be started closing is a prime example of lying to himself about what’s really happening in the political realm.  

There are those that manipulate, and those willing to be manipulated.  

Projection 

3 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I think a guy like Miami Steve is a believer in free and fair as long as his guy wins, not so much when he doesn’t.  In that regard, he’s like many myopic souls in our country, influenced and manipulated by his own bias.   Or, maybe he didn’t believe all that stuff back in the day to begin with. 

It’s hard to figure out where his rage ended and he was co-opted to become part of the machine. 

I was reading another post about Dave Matthews recently.  He was opining about guns and gun control, mentioned climate change as well.  I read about his green initiatives—heavy emphasis on recycling, buying locally sourced goods and buying offsets.  It occurred to me the best action he could take in his climate activism would be to stop touring.  In spite of his efforts to lessen his impact, his carbon footprint is a massive cluster&$@$.  He’s enormously wealthy, what’s the point when the future of the planet is in peril?   Regardless, he pushes on.    

People are complicated.

Carbon footprint notwithstanding, he lives in this area and is a great community member.

28 minutes ago, sherpa said:

Carbon footprint notwithstanding, he lives in this area and is a great community member.

I don't doubt it.  My kids and I have bonded through music all throughout their lives (going to see Bruce and Steve with my son and his wife later this year), and I listen to DMB regularly.  Seems like a decent enough guy.  

I don't disagree on some of the gun violence issues he talks about--I'm not a gun owner and really don't claim to have the answers.  I do think he's a bit naive when he says "...no one is after your guns...".  There's always someone after the guns, and it cheapens the argument for lawful gun owners to suggest otherwise. 

DMB can be a very good dude generally and still have blind spots.  I have my own, but when someone is held up as some voice of reason (SVZ for example, DMB on the other issue), it is part of the dialogue.  Funny the way it is, I guess. 

1 hour ago, Kemp said:

You don't know how to use Google?

Guess I shouldn't be surprised.

https://mid.ru/ru/foreign_policy/news/1871495/

Its understandable why every American news organization just ran with a few names. Most of the names on that list are NGO's and Think tanks with war hawks. 

Things like

Carnegie endowment

Brookings institute

The company "schernier" is on the list a lot

Eurasia program

Center for a new American security

RAND corp

Most heads of Military industrial companies.

open society foundation

In-Q-Tel Corporation 

Atlantic council

Agency for International Development

Freedom house

and it keeps going.

And I googled, but didn't go to Russian documents and translate like you found.

Edited by Chris farley

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Boycotting is nothing like sending a mob to attack the legislature, ridiculous 

YOU said that Democrats respect elections. But when I point how they absolutely do not, your response is that they respect them “less less” than Republicans?  Okie Dokie 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chris farley said:

Its understandable why every American news organization just ran with a few names. Most of the names on that list are NGO's and Think tanks with war hawks. 

Things like

Carnegie endowment

Brookings institute

The company "schernier" is on the list a lot

Eurasia program

Center for a new American security

RAND corp

Most heads of Military industrial companies.

open society foundation

In-Q-Tel Corporation 

Atlantic council

Agency for International Development

Freedom house

and it keeps going.

And I googled, but didn't go to Russian documents and translate like you found.

Funny how no Trump supporters are mentioned specifically. Only people who don't like Trump. 

Must just be a coincidence. Another in a long list of them that always seem to link Trump to Putin/Russia.

19 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

YOU said that Democrats respect elections. But when I point how they absolutely do not, your response is that they respect them “less less” than Republicans?  Okie Dokie 

And they do, you evidence that they don't is lame and proves nothing 

9 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Funny how no Trump supporters are mentioned specifically. Only people who don't like Trump. 

Must just be a coincidence. Another in a long list of them that always seem to link Trump to Putin/Russia.

So anti war is anti trump.  Gotcha 

NAACP issues a travel warning for black people going to Florida and now Roy Cooper issues a state of emergency over the Republican Legislature overriding him on school choice…

Dems acting panicked af right now. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chris farley said:

So anti war is anti trump.  Gotcha 

Letitia James is anti-war?

Jack Smith is anti-war?

That's why they're sanctioned by Putin?

I don't even understand what you're trying to communicate.

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

And they do, you evidence that they don't is lame and proves nothing 

Come on man.

I the 20th century there have been 6 presidential elections.  There was massive calls of cheating in 3 of them.  Bush/Gore 2000 to start it off.  Do you think that one was on the up And up?   Democrats cried to high heavens that Bush stole that one.  In 2016 Democrats again cried to high heavens even accusing Russia of hacking voting machines. How could Hillary possibly lose to President Trump.  Do you think that one was on the up and up?  I seem to recall a big parades across the country a few days after the inauguration protesting the whole deal. Not my president!  Respect elections anyone?

Then 2020 when the Republicans cried to high heaven too after a tough loss. I'm seeing a pattern developing here.  In modern day presidential election the side that loses says they were cheated.  Doesn't even  matter which side.  Buckle up for another one next year.  If the Democrat nominee doesn't win can we count on you to to respect and uphold the integrity of the election? 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, reddogblitz said:

Come on man.

I the 20th century there have been 6 presidential elections.  There was massive calls of cheating in 3 of them.  Bush/Gore 2000 to start it off.  Do you think that one was on the up And up?   Democrats cried to high heavens that Bush stole that one.  In 2016 Democrats again cried to high heavens even accusing Russia of hacking voting machines. How could Hillary possibly lose to President Trump.  Do you think that one was on the up and up?  I seem to recall a big parades across the country a few days after the inauguration protesting the whole deal. Not my president!  Respect elections anyone?

Then 2020 when the Republicans cried to high heaven too after a tough loss. I'm seeing a pattern developing here.  In modern day presidential election the side that loses says they were cheated.  Doesn't even  matter which side.  Buckle up for another one next year.  If the Democrat nominee doesn't win can we count on you to to respect and uphold the integrity of the election? 

Apples and oranges. I do not recall the Dems violently trying to attack the capital to stop the certification of an election. Al Gore certified Bush's election. He lost with grace in a much closer election than cry baby Trump did. 

No, you guys got nothin except the defense of a failed coup leader 

The Republicans that stood by and declared Biden the winner were acting like the Democrats do 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

Come on man.

Yes, of course.  And Sens Warren and Klobuchar, among others, raised serious concern about the security of our election a year or so before the 2020 race.   Thereafter, they transitioned from concern about the security of our national

elections to outraged anyone would be concerned about  the security of our national elections. 

2016 was McCarthyism part deux.  Hit the children, grandchildren and great grandchildren of those who duped by the original Red Scare with a modern version, add in a Special Counsel with virtually unlimited power and break the presidency.  

It’s what’s done.  It’s a shame, but it works, so expect more of it. 

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd
  • Like (+1) 3