Georgia election laws and MLB

2 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Its been pointed out elsewhere that MLB has no issue with voting rights in places like China and Cuba as they are more interested in loot than votes in those places.  What do my liberal friends here have to say about that inconsistency?  Or is your outrage confined to the domestic front? 

Recent polls show 72% of American voters agree that identification should be required to vote much like to board a plane or in my state to buy cough medicine at the grocery store.   A majority of voters considering themselves to be Democrats, Republicans, and Independents all polled a majority for each group.  So shouldn't democracy prevail?

I've also seen comparisons of the Georgia law to other states where 19 other states are more restrictive including the Presidents home state of Delaware.  You'd expect he would want to get on that immediately to eliminate his place of residence from his "Jim Crow" list.  But not a peep as outrage is conditional.  Conditions being what we do is okay and what others do is not.   

As for baseball the only use I have for it is to turn on a game in order to put me to sleep when I need a nap.

Rule #2, please.  I’d like to see the polls (plural).  

Also, it’s interesting to me that there’s so much pearl clutching about capitalism at work.  It’s bad law, and enough people dislike it that it makes financial sense for business to stand against it.  Don’t like it?  Move to Russia where you don’t have to worry about this kind of thing.  Or, better yet, don’t fly Delta, drink Coke, or patronize any of the businesses that made the economic decision to disagree with this nonsense.  

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

Gee.

I thought it was so EVERYONE could vote fairly, black and white. Rich and poor.

Now you tell me that the actual goal is to get rid of Republicans and push for Democrat party rule.

Thanks for pointing the real purpose of HR1 to everyone here.

Define “fairly.” 

3 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Rule #2, please.  I’d like to see the polls (plural).  

Also, it’s interesting to me that there’s so much pearl clutching about capitalism at work.  It’s bad law, and enough people dislike it that it makes financial sense for business to stand against it.  Don’t like it?  Move to Russia where you don’t have to worry about this kind of thing.  Or, better yet, don’t fly Delta, drink Coke, or patronize any of the businesses that made the economic decision to disagree with this nonsense.  

Define “fairly.” 

https://apnorc.org/projects/public-supportive-of-many-voting-reforms/

7 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Yes.  Voter ID's in GA are already offered at no cost.  

Groovy.  Where do I get one if I go to GA?  Gotta sink time and effort into getting the card?  No expense there.  Also, what happens if I’m standing in line and I forget it?  Back to another three hour wait to vote without anyone being allowed to give me food/water/etc?  I didn’t realize that I should have to pack provisions to vote if I live in a minority-majority part of that state.  It’s sad that you believe that such suppression measures are acceptable, but in my America they aren’t.  Chef Jim Crow, I see. 

5 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

That’s one poll.  Got the other one?  And, I’ll note, the poll you referenced reflects strong support for the expansion of voting access to such things as same-day registration and broad absentee availability.  Interestingly, the poll also reflects the perception that barriers to legal voting are a bigger problem than illegal voting. 

Edited by SectionC3
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

Just now, SectionC3 said:

Also, what happens if I’m standing in line and I forget it?  Back to another three hour wait to vote without anyone being allowed to give me food/water/etc?  

Welcome to the party. Late and asinine as always.  So now we're supposed to protect people from being stupid. The only way to solve this issue is tattoo it on people's foreheads.  Oh and while they're on their way home to get their ID that can stop at a convenience store and get some food and water.  :rolleyes:

So waiting in line is the only way to vote?  I've mentioned this several times.  I've not waited in line to vote in several years.  I guess I'm just smarter than those poor people in GA.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Define “fairly.” 

Just what it means.    Of course you completely missed the point of my response to Tibs, by calling for an obvious answer

fair·ly

/ˈferlē/

adverb

with justice.

"he could not fairly be accused of wasting police time"

to quite a high degree.

Just now, B-Man said:

Just what it means.    Of course you completely missed the point of my response to Tibs, by calling for an obvious answer

fair·ly

/ˈferlē/

adverb

with justice.

"he could not fairly be accused of wasting police time"

to quite a high degree.

Cool.  So what’s voting “with justice?”

5 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Groovy.  Where do I get one if I go to GA?  Gotta sink time and effort into getting the card?

Oh no, you have to put in effort to be able to use your right to vote ???

The Horror.

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Welcome to the party. Late and asinine as always.  So now we're supposed to protect people from being stupid. The only way to solve this issue is tattoo it on people's foreheads.  Oh and while they're on their way home to get their ID that can stop at a convenience store and get some food and water.  :rolleyes:

So waiting in line is the only way to vote?  I've mentioned this several times.  I've not waited in line to vote in several years.  I guess I'm just smarter than those poor people in GA.  

Or you live in a place where there is largess of polling locations.  Unlike places like, say, minority-majority Georgia and Louisville.  Either one.  

1 minute ago, B-Man said:

The Horror.

It truly is quite pathetic to see all the whining about “having to do things”. 🤣🤣🤣

Edited by JaCrispy

Just now, SectionC3 said:

Cool.  So what’s voting “with justice?”

You just don't want to really try and understand outside your bias do you.

Fair enough.

Do you need the definition of enough ?

Just now, B-Man said:

The Horror.

We exercise rights in this country, FYI.  And, in any event, since you’re cool with waiting several hours to exercise your voting rights, perhaps you can call your local BOE, tell them to lay off the poll workers and close some polling locations to save a couple of bucks, pretend this is Media Play circa 1994 and you’re camping out for the latest Rush Limbaugh book, park yourself in a soft chair, and see how things go. 

2 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Or you live in a place where there is largess of polling locations.  Unlike places like, say, minority-majority Georgia and Louisville.  Either one.  

I vote at a mailbox.  They don't have those in GA??  

Biden endorses moving MLB All-Star Game out of Georgia ...

.https://www.politico.com/news/2021/03/31/biden-atlanta-baseball-all-star-game-478812

6 days ago — The president told ESPN's Sage Steele that the newly passed voting law in Georgia was "Jim Crow on steroids." Truist Park.

Biden Says He Would Support Moving All-Star Game Over ...

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/01/us/politics/biden-espn-baseball-georgia.html

6 days ago — In an interview on ESPN, President Biden discussed the restrictions passed by the state's Republicans last week and encouraged baseball ...

President Biden would support moving MLB All-Star Game out ...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/2021/03/31/joe-biden-would-support-moving-atlanta-mlb-all-star-game/4831725001/

6 days ago — In an interview on ESPN, President Joe Biden said he would support moving the MLB All-Star Game out of Atlanta over Georgia's new voting ...

TODAY.........after polling results.

Jen Psaki tried to distance President Biden from the MLB All-Star game decision

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2021/04/06/katie-pavlich-truth-bombs-jen-psaki-after-she-tried-to-distance-president-biden-from-the-mlb-all-star-game-decision/

27 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

So you're doubling down with the POTUS on the Jim Crow *****?  Is this really the direction you want to go with this?  

The obvious answer is yes.  You’re OK with stifling minority vote in Georgia, I’m not.  Don’t like the nickname Chef Jim Crow?  Then don’t support laws that harken to the era of Jim Crow.  It’s a pretty simple deal.