Georgia election laws and MLB

1 minute ago, Doc said:

Why apologize?  You've heard the saying "The soft bigotry of lowered expectations"?  That's precisely what's in play here.

Because I don't believe he is a racist, a buffoon yes, but not a racist.

Just now, wnyguy said:

Because I don't believe he is a racist, a buffoon yes, but not a racist.

That's why it's called "soft bigotry."  They don't think they are and vociferously claim they aren't...but they are.

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Doc said:

That's why it's called "soft bigotry."  They don't think they are and vociferously claim they aren't...but they are.

This is hilarious... you're hoping this grows legs and I gracefully go away.  I will not.

I'm not going to apologize to those who defend the powers that cut over 240 polling stations in Georgia - and not replace any of them in this bill.

I've never once made excuses for POC - never once suggested they were not capable to jump through the additional hoops to vote - and none of you can and/or have YET to point or quote an instance where I did...

So keep going on and on and on - everyone can see what you're doing here - and are going out of your way to defend these disgraceful laws that suppress the vote - because that's the only reason why these laws are coming about.

Carry on...

4 hours ago, wnyguy said:

I apologized to Billstime because I think calling a person a racist is being done so haphazardly lately that it loses it's real meaning. I realize he has no problem calling those that disagree with him racists or white supremacists but to do that back makes me no better than him. 

That’s a fair point. There should be a better term to categorize the mentality that an entire racial demographic is less capable than ones own.

i think they mean well and want to help, it’s just misguided.  

3 hours ago, Doc said:

There it is. 

On 4/8/2021 at 12:15 PM, BillStime said:

Oh, no matter what you say, Jim - this law does target a specific group of voters - there is no other reason why this new law exists. 

You call it whatever you want that helps you sleep at night.

And if you don't think the legislature's specially chosen Election Committee isn't going to exercise their right to RIGHT SIZE and disqualify votes - you're dreaming and minimizing the impact of this law - because we already know historically (esp in the South) that they will disenfranchise a very targeted group of voters in very specific (blue) counties.

And as proud as you are that the law addresses long lines - there is NOTHING those points can do to counter the fact that ruling party closed over 200 voting sites in the past four years with no intention of replacing them.

I appreciate how hard you try to dispel the racist intent in this law but it is clear that EVERYONE is entrenched in their perspective and no one here is going to sway those opinions.

^Here’s one that took 5 seconds that contradicts this: 

18 hours ago, BillStime said:

False - and you know that. I never generalized about a whole race like you just implied.

Keep trying Mister Independent.

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

Not even remotely close to what you were implying last night when you were wasted.

Like I said - keep trying. 

I keep trying to convince myself to listen to you and your ilk because it’s important to understand all perspectives. But you’re a pathological liar, there is no value or integrity left to harvest here.

You’re dead to me.  

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I keep trying to convince myself to listen to you and your ilk because it’s important to understand all perspectives. But you’re a pathological liar, there is no value or integrity left to harvest here.

Still lashing out - making yourself look more and more pathetic.

Keep going Mister Independent bot - you can do it!   

If a picture voter ID card is the best solution they can come up with in the year 2021, then they clearly lack imagination.  People make large cashless transactions every single day with a card WITH NO PICTURE.  Heck, many are done over the internet with numbers only.  There is FAR more fraud in that than there is in voting, but for some reason, you don't have to pull out your ID every time a transaction takes place.  Kinda makes ya go hmmm.   I'm 100% for an authentification system that is more clever than me using my brother's ID to cast a fraudulent vote.  Honestly, how many people even look like their ID?  Stupid solutions to please stupid people, imo.  

Edited by daz28
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, daz28 said:

If a picture voter ID card is the best solution they can come up with in the year 2021, then they clearly lack imagination.  People make large transactions of cash every single day with a card WITH NO PICTURE.  Heck, many are done over the internet with numbers only.  There is FAR more fraud in that than there is in voting, but for some reason, you don't have to pull out your ID every time a transaction takes place.  Kinda makes ya go hmmm.   I'm 100% for an authentification system that is more clever than me using my brother's ID to cast a fraudulent vote.  Honestly, how many people even look like their ID?  Stupid solutions to please stupid people, imo.  

It’s not even looking like our ID. They are matching up your signature on your mail in ballot with your signature on file at the DMV.   If they have you on file at the DMV to match signatures why not just use your Driver Licence number? 

3 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

It’s not even looking like our ID. They are matching up your signature on your mail in ballot with your signature on file at the DMV.   If they have you on file at the DMV to match signatures why not just use your Driver Licence number? 

Why not just do something that's more 21st century?  They manage to keep trillions of dollars safe everyday.  All the systems they are using are stupid, but because everything is political now, nothing can ever change for the better.

57 minutes ago, daz28 said:

If a picture voter ID card is the best solution they can come up with in the year 2021, then they clearly lack imagination.  People make large transactions of cash every single day with a card WITH NO PICTURE.  Heck, many are done over the internet with numbers only.  There is FAR more fraud in that than there is in voting, but for some reason, you don't have to pull out your ID every time a transaction takes place.  Kinda makes ya go hmmm.   I'm 100% for an authentification system that is more clever than me using my brother's ID to cast a fraudulent vote.  Honestly, how many people even look like their ID?  Stupid solutions to please stupid people, imo.  

Where are you doing large transactions in cash? In the past ten years I have not done a single transaction in cash over $100. Every account I had to open to do all the larger things require picture ID to open. So I might be missing something but where do you use cash?

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Where are you doing large transactions in cash? In the past ten years I have not done a single transaction in cash over $100. Every account I had to open to do all the larger things require picture ID to open. So I might be missing something but where do you use cash?

I meant cashless. Thank you for pointing that out.

1 hour ago, daz28 said:

If a picture voter ID card is the best solution they can come up with in the year 2021, then they clearly lack imagination.  People make large cashless transactions every single day with a card WITH NO PICTURE.  Heck, many are done over the internet with numbers only.  There is FAR more fraud in that than there is in voting, but for some reason, you don't have to pull out your ID every time a transaction takes place.  Kinda makes ya go hmmm.   I'm 100% for an authentification system that is more clever than me using my brother's ID to cast a fraudulent vote.  Honestly, how many people even look like their ID?  Stupid solutions to please stupid people, imo.  

Yeah, and there's absolutely no fraud going on there...

25 minutes ago, Doc said:

Yeah, and there's absolutely no fraud going on there...

I said there was MORE fraud there, yet there is less insistence on ID.  That was the whole gist

22 minutes ago, daz28 said:

I said there was MORE fraud there, yet there is less insistence on ID.  That was the whole gist

If the payees were the ones getting defrauded, you can bet your life they'd change it.  As it stands, they get their money and the payor is the one takes the risk.

• Like (+1) 1