Who thinks teaching is a hard job?

Is teaching a hard job?   

35 members have voted

1. 1. Is teaching a hard job?

• Yes
    • No

11 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

"Who thinks teaching is a hard job?"

.....certainly think it isn't hard with kids rarely there, or easier yet, not in school at all.

If you ask most teachers I think they’d tell you that they hate on line instruction. It’s way easier to teach in a classroom. 

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

If you ask most teachers I think they’d tell you that they hate on line instruction. It’s way easier to teach in a classroom. 

This a thousand times- I am in Florida and have been face to face since August and will state as a fact that if the teachers follow proper protocols that there is basically a zero percent chance of catching Covid. No one in my school has caught it at school, and the few kids who caught it from family since they were masked up before recognition they were not a threat to others. It does take some deliberate planning about classroom set up but space everyone out as best as possible and make sure as a teacher you are vigilant for masks and kids moving about. One other point I will make is that in Orange County the schools with rich parents have the most kids back while the title one schools have the least. The gap this year between the haves and have nots is growing greatly and much has to do with parents.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

This a thousand times- I am in Florida and have been face to face since August and will state as a fact that if the teachers follow proper protocols that there is basically a zero percent chance of catching Covid. No one in my school has caught it at school, and the few kids who caught it from family since they were masked up before recognition they were not a threat to others. It does take some deliberate planning about classroom set up but space everyone out as best as possible and make sure as a teacher you are vigilant for masks and kids moving about. One other point I will make is that in Orange County the schools with rich parents have the most kids back while the title one schools have the least. The gap this year between the haves and have nots is growing greatly and much has to do with parents.

Of course the gap is growing. That's part of the plan. Now ask Chuck, Nancy and Joe what's the point of importing millions of poor people when there are so many Americans out of work. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Yep. But the unions... they used the leverage to negotiate for things. Right after they announced back to school here they announced a pay raise. Which ok maybe it was owed. Just another example of a political entity exploiting a situation. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

9 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Yep. But the unions... they used the leverage to negotiate for things. Right after they announced back to school here they announced a pay raise. Which ok maybe it was owed. Just another example of a political entity exploiting a situation. 

Correct. The Union is simply doing its job but in this case they clearly overstepped and have alienated an otherwise supportive public. Huge mistake! The general public won’t look at teachers the same for quite some time after this...which is a shame.

3 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Correct. The Union is simply doing its job but in this case they clearly overstepped and have alienated an otherwise supportive public. Huge mistake! The general public won’t look at teachers the same for quite some time after this...which is a shame.

Utter BS - people didn’t respect teachers before COVID.

Heck - look at the responses in this thread alone.

The Union wanted nothing more than to protect their people on the front lines. 

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Utter BS - people didn’t respect teachers before COVID.

Heck - look at the responses in this thread alone.

The Union wanted nothing more than to protect their people on the front lines. 

Wrong...again. The general public loves teachers. They don’t like the Union, but that’s not surprising. However they love their neighborhood teachers. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Wrong...again. The general public loves teachers. They don’t like the Union, but that’s not surprising. However they love their neighborhood teachers. 

HA! C’mon man. Teachers: 

-are glorified babysitters 

-make too much

-get too much time off

7 hours ago, BillStime said:

HA! C’mon man. Teachers: 

-are glorified babysitters 

-make too much

-get too much time off

You have to be the most depressing person in America.  You really believe that the general public thinks teachers get paid too much? And/or that they get too much time off?  What polling shows that?  

13 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

You have to be the most depressing person in America.  You really believe that the general public thinks teachers get paid too much? And/or that they get too much time off?  What polling shows that?  

I hear it all the time. 

4 minutes ago, B-Man said:

CDC: Almost 80% Of Teachers, School Staff, And Childcare Workers Have Been Partially Vaccinated Now

f28e6d0d-527d-4985-a1ac-8c3dceb40f6b.jpg

https://hotair.com/archives/allahpundit/2021/04/07/cdc-almost-80-teachers-school-staff-childcare-workers-partially-vaccinated-now/

I will state absolutely that with a few exceptions that the teachers that will not go back to the classroom are selfish. You can easily keep things safe for in person learning, which benefits students the most, by simply wearing a mask and keeping your distance from students. A normal 30 year old acting as if Covid is a bigger risk to their health than the lack of school is to a students health is a selfish person.

• 3 weeks later...

The virtual teaching is actually a lot more difficult and takes more time. In the South you don’t get “prep” time before the day starts. You have to do it at home or stay longer. It probably requires 50 hours a week of your time.

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

People advancing based on intellect is some kind of “ist”.  Just as they are clamping down on all these criminally racist schools accepting the smartest applicants as opposed to rejecting Asians because despite their elite qualifications they came from a culturally ingrained privilege of valuing education. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood