Who thinks teaching is a hard job?

Is teaching a hard job?   

35 members have voted

1. 1. Is teaching a hard job?

• Yes
    • No

1 hour ago, GaryPinC said:

I have a bachelor's in biochemistry and work in cardiac research.  I went this morning and looked at the teacher's salary for our school district of two teachers close to my age also with bachelor degrees.  They are making mid to upper 80's and this data is two years old.  That is significantly more than I make.  And only working 9 months a year.  25% less working days.

Not shedding a tear for their situation and they don't complain about it.  I wonder if this study done by a pro-union think tank looks at weekly wages after retirement and union dues are pulled out?   Because those lower take home wages significantly.

dang dude.  You need to switch companies!  (Apparently that’s the best way to get a significant pay bump these days).

1 hour ago, RiotAct said:

dang dude.  You need to switch companies!  (Apparently that’s the best way to get a significant pay bump these days).

or careers.  But yep, up to me and I'm not here to complain just compare.

2 hours ago, GaryPinC said:

I have a bachelor's in biochemistry and work in cardiac research.  I went this morning and looked at the teacher's salary for our school district of two teachers close to my age also with bachelor degrees.  They are making mid to upper 80's and this data is two years old.  That is significantly more than I make.  And only working 9 months a year.  25% less working days.

Not shedding a tear for their situation and they don't complain about it.  I wonder if this study done by a pro-union think tank looks at weekly wages after retirement and union dues are pulled out?   Because those lower take home wages significantly.

Bingo

” It is affiliated with the labor movement[3][4][5] and is usually described as presenting a left-leaning and pro-union viewpoint on public policy issues.[6][7] ”

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economic_Policy_Institute

5 hours ago, GaryPinC said:

Actually what this is is comparing is the amount of higher degrees that many teachers have, in NY it is required to have a masters and many have doctorates. A doctorate in education for a teacher is not nearly as valuable as a doctorate in most other fields. So if all teachers have masters you are not comparing it to those with just a bachelor's. It also does not touch on the fact that their have been studies showing the higher degree has nothing to do with being a better teacher.