Jump to content

Cam About To Re-Sign With New England


H2o
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 3/12/2021 at 8:38 AM, dave mcbride said:

He is a bad option as a starter, but he’s a phenomenal backup option.

Cam has an arm/shoulder thats toast. As a backup I wouldn’t want him, especially in the AFCE where the winds howl late in the season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have no idea what the Pats are thinking.  Even as a backup, Cam is a terrible choice.  Good thing I'm not a betting man because I would have bet the house that Cam would never be on an NFL regular season roster ever again...and that still may be.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/13/2021 at 12:53 PM, Ethan in Portland said:

NE had the most number of COVID opt outs and has a ton of cap space. The only thing holding New England back is Belichick's brutal draft record. 

 

Brutal at WR, that's for sure.

 

Otherwise, not really.  NE has only had 1st round picks in 3 of the past 6 drafts.  Michel is the best RB in the division.  Wynn is solid (out with the COVID for much of last season).  Malcom Brown has been a starter all 6 years in the NFL--and that same draft got them Tre Flowers and Shaq Mason.  Garapollo and Brissett were full time starters on other teams.  Onewnu and Herron were solid rookies this year.  Winowich is a find in the 3rd.  Their Punter is an All Pro.  Damien Harris stepped in for 700 this season at 5 per.  Cowart started 14 games his second year.  Thuney has started every game since he was drafted.  James White is still there--one of the best catching RB in the league.  Fleming is full time starter on the Giants O-line.  Then there's Logan Ryan/Duron Harmon (both 2013 3rd rounders and full time starters still playing in the league), Jamie Collins, Hightower, Solder, Cannon, Vollmer, McCourty, Gronk, Edelman (7th rounder), Chung, Mayo, Merriweather, Gotskowski, Slater....

 

That's not so brutal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, billsfan_34 said:

Cam has an arm/shoulder thats toast. As a backup I wouldn’t want him, especially in the AFCE where the winds howl late in the season.

Agreed, at this point he’s only a semi threat on the ground as a RB. Unless a miracle happens which I highly doubt, Your gonna see the same results he had from last year going into this year. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

 

Brutal at WR, that's for sure.

 

Otherwise, not really.  NE has only had 1st round picks in 3 of the past 6 drafts.  Michel is the best RB in the division.  Wynn is solid (out with the COVID for much of last season).  Malcom Brown has been a starter all 6 years in the NFL--and that same draft got them Tre Flowers and Shaq Mason.  Garapollo and Brissett were full time starters on other teams.  Onewnu and Herron were solid rookies this year.  Winowich is a find in the 3rd.  Their Punter is an All Pro.  Damien Harris stepped in for 700 this season at 5 per.  Cowart started 14 games his second year.  Thuney has started every game since he was drafted.  James White is still there--one of the best catching RB in the league.  Fleming is full time starter on the Giants O-line.  Then there's Logan Ryan/Duron Harmon (both 2013 3rd rounders and full time starters still playing in the league), Jamie Collins, Hightower, Solder, Cannon, Vollmer, McCourty, Gronk, Edelman (7th rounder), Chung, Mayo, Merriweather, Gotskowski, Slater....

 

That's not so brutal.

I live in enemy territory... they are praying for Jimmy G.

 

That’s a list but starting on a 6-10 team doesn’t necessarily mean you are good...I have no clue why one would resign Cam as it sucks up a lot of bandwidth that could be going in a more positive direction.

 

Gonna be fun to watch if BB has another losing season

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Agreed, at this point he’s only a semi threat on the ground as a RB. Unless a miracle happens which I highly doubt, Your gonna see the same results he had from last year going into this year. 

I would not be surprised at all if Cam gets benched 2-3 weeks in. The underlying story is tue glaring reality that players want no part of Bellicheat- there was better options out there other than Cam.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TH3 said:

I live in enemy territory... they are praying for Jimmy G.

 

That’s a list but starting on a 6-10 team doesn’t necessarily mean you are good...I have no clue why one would resign Cam as it sucks up a lot of bandwidth that could be going in a more positive direction.

 

Gonna be fun to watch if BB has another losing season

 

Only the 2020 rookies have started on a 7-9 (not 6-10) team. 

 

Why would SF trade away their starting QB?

 

Newton was the easiest option for now.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...