Cam About To Re-Sign With New England

H2o

29 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I mean I don’t know you are but thanks for noticing me. ☺️

Apparently, Belichick feels different. 

You keep posting this and he just played for the coach who takes no BS and got re-signed.  Maybe he’s not the toxic personality you think he is.  

I'm not sure how it equates to wins and losses, but I like the idea of bringing Cam back and I think its good for all concerned including the Buffalo Bills IMO.

13 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

Cam has not been an issue personality wise in NE..I die laughing when someone tries to make this claim all the time.

The coach loves him, the players love him. He's been great with the media. The fans have no issue with him beside his play. He has been fine. The only problem is his play.

Agree with the Cam is OK with everyone personality wise in NE.

So the deal is now they sit at Pick #15 in the draft.  It seems to me BB has to move up.

The way I see it the highest they could get to is #4.  No way NYJ and MIA trade.

You willing to give up this and next years 1st's along with say a 3rd this year to move that far up?

7 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

Cam has not been an issue personality wise in NE..I die laughing when someone tries to make this claim all the time.

The coach loves him, the players love him. He's been great with the media. The fans have no issue with him beside his play. He has been fine. The only problem is his play.

Cam is a flashy personality at the biggest position in sports, he’s going to have a lot of haters.  I think some of the attitude perceptions comes from not telling Carolina he was hurt and then basically running the organization over later about it all.  I don’t know what he’s actually like, but he’s more personality than most guys out there.  

Last year (and the year before) he sucked.  He’s really only had the one truly great season and the rest hasn’t been much.  I don’t know if he’s done or not, but if last year was any indication, I wouldn’t invest in him, 1 year, low/no guarantees, sure.  Beyond that, no thanks.  

At this point, I’d take Taysom Hill first, if I was dead set on a bruising, non-traditional type of QB.  Cam was never an elite passer, but his athletic abilities, combined with size, strength and relative speed made him really tough to deal with.  He’s similar to Lamar Jackson, in the right situation, they are a nightmare.  They are both former MVPs who showed they can get it done, but nobody is ever going to fear them as pure pocket passers.  Prior to last year, Allen was in the same boat, as a matter of fact, I was hoping he could reach the good version of Cam.  That’s no longer the goal for JA obviously.  

If they get a healthy Cam, who can actually throw again, combined with his other abilities, great move.  If they get last year’s version, I’m happy for them.😜

4 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Trust me, I’m a huge Cam fan, and he’s not the same player. It’s obviously and his arm looks bad. But people on this board were laughing at Brady his last year in NE saying he was washed too. Cam ain’t Brady but NE did him no favors and a lot of qbs would have struggle there.

The Pats aren’t the Pats anymore. But it was a team with a terrible roster that nearly beat us at home. We are clearly the best team in the division but it’s weird to think that Pats getting players back is suddenly the worst team in the NFL when they weren’t close to that last year.

Well that’s just stupid.

Cam doesn’t have 1/10 the football IQ or leadership Brady does. God I hate complimenting Brady. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dave mcbride said:

There are a ton of rumors out there about Jimmy G heading back to NE. Garappolo is a good QB, but he has an undeniable injury history and Newton is a good backup option to have.  

I assume their starting qb is a) in the NFL now and b) not on the Patriots at present. Last year was their "down year"; this year can't be. They'll be in it to win it. They have a mountain of cap space, excellent returning opt-outs, and a lot of picks (9). I hate to say it, but they're the divisional opponent I worry about the most next season. 

Interesting. I just find it difficult to believe they would sign Newton and then go after a vet like Garappolo, but admittedly I know nothing about how these things work. I just figured once signing Newton they would then look to a draft pick. I think Newton wouldn't want to be in NE if he wasn't going to be the starter, at least for the first part of the season. But I guess there's always the whole Flutie-Johnson thing to negate that.

I do agree with you that NE is the division team I worry about the most next year. I think a full offseason for Newton, combined with all of the returning players from the COVID list, the cap space, and draft picks (as you point out), has me a little concerned—especially given how much trouble they gave us last year in the first game.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

OMFG what did I just watch

7BJ1.gif

Edited by stevewin
  • Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I mean I don’t know you are but thanks for noticing me. ☺️

Yes you do. In fact you’ve used this same exact line before. 

You’re consistent I’ll give you that. Death, taxes, Cam Newton, and Doug Whaley mentions...

• Haha (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Agree with the Cam is OK with everyone personality wise in NE.

So the deal is now they sit at Pick #15 in the draft.  It seems to me BB has to move up.

The way I see it the highest they could get to is #4.  No way NYJ and MIA trade.

You willing to give up this and next years 1st's along with say a 3rd this year to move that far up?

BB should make a move that is completely different than his philosophies of the past, but the big question is will he do it. I have nooo clue. Of course nobody does..He keeps it tight lip around this time and he doesn't talk to media in the offseason.

regardless i am sure he will not "mortgage" the future on anyone he feels isn't worth it. We just gotta wait and see. 

35 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

Cam is a flashy personality at the biggest position in sports, he’s going to have [b]a lot of haters.[/b]  I think some of the attitude perceptions comes from not telling Carolina he was hurt and then basically running the organization over later about it all.  I don’t know what he’s actually like, but he’s more personality than most guys out there.  

Last year (and the year before) he sucked.  He’s really only had the one truly great season and the rest hasn’t been much.  I don’t know if he’s done or not, but if last year was any indication, I wouldn’t invest in him, 1 year, low/no guarantees, sure.  Beyond that, no thanks.  

At this point, I’d take Taysom Hill first, if I was dead set on a bruising, non-traditional type of QB.  Cam was never an elite passer, but his athletic abilities, combined with size, strength and relative speed made him really tough to deal with.  He’s similar to Lamar Jackson, in the right situation, they are a nightmare.  They are both former MVPs who showed they can get it done, but nobody is ever going to fear them as pure pocket passers.  Prior to last year, Allen was in the same boat, as a matter of fact, I was hoping he could reach the good version of Cam.  That’s no longer the goal for JA obviously.  

If they get a healthy Cam, who can actually throw again, combined with his other abilities, great move.  If they get last year’s version, I’m happy for them.😜

I have come to realize in sports in general. Its how fans  pervious some of these athletes and don't know them at all. There should be nothing wrong with having a personality as long as you haven't broken a law or beat your wife or kids, etc. Who should truly care how a QB acts. His performance on the field is all that needs to be judge. With all athletes, but some fans just can't differentiate the two. 

• Agree 1

Just now, Ghost_002! said:

BB should make a move that is completely different than his philosophies of the past, but the big question is will he do it. I have nooo clue. Of course nobody does..He keeps it tight lip around this time and he doesn't talk to media in the offseason.

regardless i am sure he will not "mortgage" the future on anyone he feels isn't worth it. We just gotta wait and see. 

I have come to realize in sports in general. Its how fans  pervious some of these athletes and don't know them at all. There should be nothing wrong with having a personality as long as you haven't broken a law or beat your wife or kids, etc. Who should truly care how a QB acts. His performance on the field is all that needs to be judge. With all athletes, but some fans just can't differentiate the two. 

That’s a major issue in all of society, but I’ll leave it to that.  I guess we have to remember the NFL is an entertainment industry and being in it will yield a lot of scrutiny

50 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Yes you do. In fact you’ve used this same exact line before. 

You’re consistent I’ll give you that. Death, taxes, Cam Newton, and Doug Whaley mentions...

I’d post something you said but I don’t remember you. Except stank nasty is a super rad name. I’m sure you are super cool in real life. 

1 hour ago, CodeMonkey said:

2 easy wins for the Bills, sweet.

That first game was far from easy. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Rubes said:

Interesting. I just find it difficult to believe they would sign Newton and then go after a vet like Garappolo, but admittedly I know nothing about how these things work. I just figured once signing Newton they would then look to a draft pick. I think Newton wouldn't want to be in NE if he wasn't going to be the starter, at least for the first part of the season. But I guess there's always the whole Flutie-Johnson thing to negate that.

I do agree with you that NE is the division team I worry about the most next year. I think a full offseason for Newton, combined with all of the returning players from the COVID list, the cap space, and draft picks (as you point out), has me a little concerned—especially given how much trouble they gave us last year in the first game.

Idk really know what your concerned about, the guy couldn’t hit a RB on a 3-5 yard out. He was only a threat as a RB on the ground as he was a laughable joke as a QB. When you can’t even hit a RB on a 5 yard out without over or under throwing him, then your’e done as a passer