The January 6th Commission To Investigate The Insurrection

Tiberius

3 hours ago, B-Man said:

New polling on January 6 is a MAJOR BUZZKILL to Brian Stelter and many other journos

We regret to inform Brian and many other journalists that the country has moved on:

And there is a large group of voters we suspect who agree with this 100%:

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2022/01/02/new-polling-on-january-6-is-a-major-buzzkill-to-brian-stelter-and-many-other-journos/

Like I’ve been saying for months now…

REMINDER:

It’s Jan. 6 week.

FTA:

The final question: What about November’s elections? Voters are deeply concerned about the economy, about inflation, about COVID, about crime, about education, about President Joe Biden’s competence, and other issues that are becoming increasingly difficult for Democrats.

Some in the party seem to know that fixating on last year, and on a former president, might not be the best way to address those concerns. Last month, Politico reported that Democrats “hoped the [January 6 committee] would wrap up its work this spring, leaving the party plenty of time before the midterms to pivot its focus to kitchen-table issues that resonate with voters.” That is not going to happen.

So yes, this is Jan. 6 week. But if some Democrats have their way, every week of 2022 will be Jan. 6 week.

And then voters will have their say.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/byron-yorks-daily-memo-its-jan-6-week

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/trump-should-serve-time-for-jan-6-riot-partner-of-capitol-cop-who-died-says

As rioters breached the Capitol's perimeter last January, Capitol Police Officers like Brian Sicknick tried pushing back the crowd to protect the building and the lawmakers. Pro-Trump rioters sprayed him with a chemical. He collapsed later that evening, suffered two strokes and died the next day, at the age of 42. Judy Woodruff speaks with Sandra Garza, who was with Sicknick for 11 years.

1 hour ago, Irv said:

Insurrection?  What a joke.  What a mess.  

Laughing.png

download-3.jpg.34dc9892299a950d56463b7d6570b287.jpg

The Washington Post reports that many people who worked at the U.S. Capitol have left their jobs because they were traumatized by the events of January 6. Among those who have quit are an unspecified number of congressional staffers. The few staffers cited by the Post all worked for Democratic members.

How many staffers were injured on January 6? I believe the answer is zero. Yet, the Post describes the staffers who haven’t quit as “soldiering on.” Should we give them medals?

If folks who work for liberal members of Congress really are as fragile and fainthearted as the Post makes them out to be, I consider that good news.

Some Capitol police officers were attacked and injured. It’s understandable that some within that group were traumatized to the point that they have resigned.

And what about police officers throughout America who have been attacked by BLM protesters? What about the ones who have had to cope with the invasion, and even the burning, of police stations? How many of them have resigned as a result?

To my knowledge, the Post has never addressed that question. It’s a pertinent one, though, because police officers perform far more important services than random congressional staffers.

{snip}

As we approach January 6 of this year, we can expect more articles like the one I discuss here. The events of last January 6 were serious and bad. The perpetrators should be, and are being, punished. If necessary, Capitol security should be enhanced to make sure something like this doesn’t happen again.

But the efforts of Democrats and their lefty media allies to convert January 6 into something like a national day of mourning, while studiously ignoring comparable or worse violence by BLM and Antifa that rocked city after city in 2020, is laughable.

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2022/01/dem-staffers-quit-jobs-due-to-jan-6-events-says-washington-post.php

https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va/2022/01/02/jan-6-capitol-workers-quit/

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, B-Man said:

The Washington Post reports that many people who worked at the U.S. Capitol have left their jobs because they were traumatized by the events of January 6. Among those who have quit are an unspecified number of congressional staffers. The few staffers cited by the Post all worked for Democratic members.

How many staffers were injured on January 6? I believe the answer is zero. Yet, the Post describes the staffers who haven’t quit as “soldiering on.” Should we give them medals?

If folks who work for liberal members of Congress really are as fragile and fainthearted as the Post makes them out to be, I consider that good news.

Some Capitol police officers were attacked and injured. It’s understandable that some within that group were traumatized to the point that they have resigned.

And what about police officers throughout America who have been attacked by BLM protesters? What about the ones who have had to cope with the invasion, and even the burning, of police stations? How many of them have resigned as a result?

To my knowledge, the Post has never addressed that question. It’s a pertinent one, though, because police officers perform far more important services than random congressional staffers.

{snip}

As we approach January 6 of this year, we can expect more articles like the one I discuss here. The events of last January 6 were serious and bad. The perpetrators should be, and are being, punished. If necessary, Capitol security should be enhanced to make sure something like this doesn’t happen again.

But the efforts of Democrats and their lefty media allies to convert January 6 into something like a national day of mourning, while studiously ignoring comparable or worse violence by BLM and Antifa that rocked city after city in 2020, is laughable.

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2022/01/dem-staffers-quit-jobs-due-to-jan-6-events-says-washington-post.php

I’d be skeptical of this claim in general because there tends to be high turnover of these staffers. They get paid poorly so once they get The job and the political connection they move on to better monetize their political connections ASAP… 

I knew a bunch off dc staffers first hand years ago. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, B-Man said:

{snip}

Welp, after having watched a bunch of numbnuts with goat horns and face paint "take over" the Capitol in about 15 minutes, I'd be less inclined to think they were traumatized and much more inclined to think they decided to high-tail it to some lobbyist job before someone serious made a move to get in. 

I’m prone to ask obvious questions:

If the Capitol riot was truly an insurrection meant to overturn an election…why didn’t it?

What stopped it?

Why did everyone just go home?

Hmmmm? Could it be this was just of upset citizens tired of being ignored? And just wanting to make a point?

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

If the Capitol riot was truly an insurrection meant to overturn an election…why didn’t it?

What stopped it?

Hmmmm? Could it be this was just of upset citizens tired of being ignored? And just wanting to make a point?

smfh

On 9/21/2021 at 6:55 PM, Albwan said:

I don't think anyone is going to hold their breath waiting for it to come out.

We know how democrats operate, create the narrative out of thin air, pass it over to 

the media and then have the useful idiots chant it over and over and over....

We know.

What stopped it?

The TDS’ers don’t/won’t have an answer for you.  Because there is no answer other than what you said. But they can’t dare to admit the truth. 

What stopped it?

The obvious answer

This guy was in charge

bzJw&pid=ImgRaw&r=0

with help from this guy

M3XVcR1Ud3w&pid=ImgRaw&r=0

and this one

1*k9Ar34EGnikGE72Fnr_Uhg.jpeg

• Disagree 1