Pamela Karlan gets a job in the Biden WH

Unforgiven

42 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

I googled it, it wasn't that bad, seemed more of a stupid joke than anything.  

I remember watching it live. It was a really horrible thing to say and completely untrue and inappropriate at the time....but this just goes to show America, that Obama was right "elections have consequences".

11 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I remember watching it live. It was a really horrible thing to say and completely untrue and inappropriate at the time....but this just goes to show America, that Obama was right "elections have consequences".

What was so "horrible" about it?   That she said that Trump couldn't do anything that he wanted to do or was it that she made a crappy joke about the POTUS' son's name?

The quote in question: "Contrary to what President Trump has said, Article 2 [of the Constitution] does not give him the power to do anything he wants.  The Constitution says there can be no titles of nobility, so while the president can name his son Barron, he can't make him a baron."

16 minutes ago, SoTier said:

What was so "horrible" about it?   That she said that Trump couldn't do anything that he wanted to do or was it that she made a crappy joke about the POTUS' son's name?

The quote in question: "Contrary to what President Trump has said, Article 2 [of the Constitution] does not give him the power to do anything he wants.  The Constitution says there can be no titles of nobility, so while the president can name his son Barron, he can't make him a baron."

Really?  You do not make fun of someone's minor age kid's name.  Never. Ever. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Tenhigh said:

I googled it, it wasn't that bad, seemed more of a stupid joke than anything.  

It was like a bad old Grandpa/grandma joke..  I mean I get picking on kids is bush league but... oh the outrage 

The most surprising thing in her Wikipedia page under political views was that she advocated the US should help Ukraine  fight Russia to avoid conflict with them on our own soil.  That and there was not much under political views. 

2 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

It was like a bad old Grandpa/grandma joke..  I mean I get picking on kids is bush league but... oh the outrage 

The most surprising thing in her Wikipedia page under political views was that she advocated the US should help Ukraine  fight Russia to avoid conflict with them on our own soil.  That and there was not much under political views. 

So if in her five minutes of 'witness' fame she'd made a disparaging racial remark, or a stereotypical sexist joke, you'd be fine with it?  Come on....really?  You know full well that you wouldn't.

Edited by SoCal Deek

3 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

So if in her five minutes of 'witness' fame she'd made a disparaging racial remark, or a stereotypical sexist joke, you'd be fine with it?  Come on....really?  You know full well that you wouldn't.

her joke was something like just because he named his son Barron, doesn’t mean he himself can be one. 

it’s not even close to classy but on a scumbag politician scale it’s pretty benign.

but then I’m not in the easily offended or triggered crowd... so I’m probably the wrong one to ask

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Agree 1

47 minutes ago, SoTier said:

She made a tasteless joke, and she apologized.  Crime of the century it's not. 

Yikes....learned people testifying before Congress in an impeachment hearing should not be making tasteless jokes about people's kids. Ever!  Isn't that the Left's entire case against Donald Trump?  That he is tasteless.  (And no, it's not a crime....but it should never be done....ever!)  And apologizing for it, while nice, should not be the door opener to a job in the new Administration. In fact, it should be utterly disqualifying.....but we see here what really matters to Uncle Joe! 

12 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Yikes....learned people testifying before Congress in an impeachment hearing should not be making tasteless jokes about people's kids. Ever!  Isn't that the Left's entire case against Donald Trump?  That he is tasteless.  (And no, it's not a crime....but it should never be done....ever!)  And apologizing for it, while nice, should not be the door opener to a job in the new Administration. In fact, it should be utterly disqualifying.....but we see here what really matters to Uncle Joe! 

Her comments were typical throwaway stuff.  It’s an example of an otherwise educated person not using common sense in the appropriate venue, and it’s a non-issue for me.  

Besides, on a scale of 1-10, the sitting president has acknowledged groping 8 women, taken to task only because of his extreme hypocrisy on #istandwithher which in his case was actually #igottosecondbasewithher.  

If liberal voters support that sort of thing as they clearly do, it would be extremely hypocritical and discriminatory to shame this simply tone deaf female attorney. 

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Her comments were typical throwaway stuff.  It’s an example of an otherwise educated person not using common sense in the appropriate venue, and it’s a non-issue for me.  

Besides, on a scale of 1-10, the sitting president has acknowledged groping 8 women, taken to task only because of his extreme hypocrisy on #istandwithher which in his case was actually #igottosecondbasewithher.  

If liberal voters support that sort of thing as they clearly do, it would be extremely hypocritical and discriminatory to shame this simply tone deaf female attorney. 

My wife is retired educator. Educators live in a world of student communication, appropriate language and behavior and believe me this ‘professor’ is/was trained in it, a lot. This professor should no better and I guarantee she does. You never make fun of a minor aged child...ever! She should have been fired by the university not hired by the administration. No...it’s nowhere near the end of the world by any stretch, but wow in this so called unity tour does this send the wrong message. 

Edited by SoCal Deek
  • Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

My wife is retired educator. Educators live in a world of student communication, appropriate language and behavior and believe me this ‘professor’ is/was trained in it, a lot. This professor should no better and I guarantee she does. You never make fun of a minor aged child...ever! She should have been fired by the university not hired by the administration. No...it’s nowhere near the end of the world by any stretch, but wow in this so called unity tour does this send the wrong message. 

Please.   You’re looking for a reason to complain.  I’m not condoning what happened, but life is a matter of degree.  This isn’t “stand back and stand by.”

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Unforgiven said:

Stanford Law School professor Pamela Karlan, who mocked former President Donald Trump’s son

Barron Trump during his impeachment trial, is joining the Biden administration.

Professor-Karlan-640x480.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSyhrWKwHWl3XS2qnQpUiW

And that comes as a surprise because of why ??? 

9 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

Please.   You’re looking for a reason to complain.  I’m not condoning what happened, but life is a matter of degree.  This isn’t “stand back and stand by.”

Section...I am not looking for anything. I didn't start this thread. I'm just making a simple observation.  Is this yet another topic that cannot be discussed? 

On 2/11/2021 at 5:25 PM, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

her joke was something like just because he named his son Barron, doesn’t mean he himself can be one. 

it’s not even close to classy but on a scumbag politician scale it’s pretty benign.

but then I’m not in the easily offended or triggered crowd... so I’m probably the wrong one to ask

Agreed it wasn't a huge deal. Probably the kind of remark on a big stage that would have precluded her from an appointment in the Obama administration though. 

• Like (+1) 1