RIP Christopher Plummer "Mr Sound of Music "

CowgirlsFan

I mean, what can you say? One of the greats.  He's probably best known for "Sound of Music," but his work as a character actor over the past few decades has been stellar. He's definitely on a short list of actors who I'll watch any movie just because they're in it.

He famously had some disdain for his most cited role, but came around on that. I think there is some story where he was pushed into watching it at a kid's birthday party and couldn't say no, and it won him over.

Great life. R.I.P.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Success said:

I mean, what can you say? One of the greats.  He's probably best known for "Sound of Music," but his work as a character actor over the past few decades has been stellar. He's definitely on a short list of actors who I'll watch any movie just because they're in it.

He famously had some disdain for his most cited role, but came around on that. I think there is some story where he was pushed into watching it at a kid's birthday party and couldn't say no, and it won him over.

Great life. R.I.P.

pretty interesting. I don’t know how he could have not liked that movie or his performance in it. It’s a great and timeless movie. I am pretty sure it won 3-4 Oscars, including best picture. 

A few years ago, I had the privilege of seeing him in New York City on Broadway starring in "Inherit the Wind" alongside Brian Dennehy.

Seeing both actors give such powerful performances is a moment that I will never forget.

https://www.playbill.com/article/plummer-and-dennehy-to-inherit-the-wind-on-broadway-com-135388

Edited by Mark Vader
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

48 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

A few years ago, I had the privilege of seeing him in New York City on Broadway starring in "Inherit the Wind" alongside Brian Dennehy.

Seeing both actors give such powerful performances is a moment that I will never forget.

https://www.playbill.com/article/plummer-and-dennehy-to-inherit-the-wind-on-broadway-com-135388

That is a definite WOW!!!

Thanks for the PLAYBILL.

3 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

That is a definite WOW!!!

Thanks for the PLAYBILL.

I was in New York City for the draft and this was the night before.

I really wanted to see something on Broadway that I had not seen before. When you're by yourself, it's easy to get one ticket.

When I heard that both Plummer & Dennehy were starring in this play, I jumped on it.

What a moment it was. I was very lucky to have been there that night.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.