Are the first three picks in next year’s draft all QB’s?

I think it's almost a guarantee that Lawrence and Fields go 1-2 but at this point I don't think there is a sure enough prospect to go third overall to the Dolphins after getting a 10-6 season out of a quarterback they invested a top five pick in last year.

A good friend of mine who is a Dolphins fan is convinced that Tua with a year of off-season strengthening and another year removed from hip surgery is the answer (?)

Dolphin fans are seriously hoping they trade #3, stock pile 2nd and 3rd round picks from a QB hungry team.

Just now, BuffaloBobs said:

I think it's almost a guarantee that Lawrence and Fields go 1-2 but at this point I don't think there is a sure enough prospect to go third overall to the Dolphins after getting a 10-6 season out of a quarterback they invested a top five pick in last year.

Fitzy is the QB of record for 5 of the wins?

11 minutes ago, Draconator said:

A good friend of mine who is a Dolphins fan is convinced that Tua with a year of off-season strengthening and another year removed from hip surgery is the answer (?)

Dolphin fans are seriously hoping they trade #3, stock pile 2nd and 3rd round picks from a QB hungry team.

Could be.. His arm is kind of underwhelming though.. good mobility, can scramble but doesn’t have the arm to wow you away like Allen, Rodgers and Mahomes.. Not big enough to be effective consistently as a pocket passer.. Hope they keep him honestly and I don’t mean this in a disrespectful way, it’s just the way I see it... should’ve went with Herbert..

Just now, prissythecat said:

Fitzy is the QB of record for 5 of the wins?

I would definitely look at it (and FWIW I have zero faith in Tua and would be looking to make a change if I was in charge there).

But if you just drafted Tua in the top five, unless you've completely given up on him (ala Rosen in Arizona), can get major value in a trade, or are in love with what is likely to be the third quarterback off the board, I don't know how you make that move at three rather than trying to build an offense around him and give him a chance to sink or swim in year two.

I'm not sure the Jets can decide on what Darnold is yet IMO behind that weak Oline, poor run game and poor WR group. Reminds me of the talent in JA17 first year here. 

I mean look at Tannehill post Gase. I bet the Dolphins wish he was starting for them yesterday. Between the lack of talent around Darnold and Gase at HC,  I still feel the story is not written yet. 

Edited by Real McNasty

2 hours ago, BillsFanSD said:

The Jets would be foolish not to take a QB.  I know right now many are thinking trade-down, but QBs usually rise up the board and my guess is that on draft day the Jets stay at #2 and take Fields or Wilson.

It's easy for me to say, but I'm firmly of the opinion that Miami should also draft a QB and it isn't close.  Tua deserves to be cut a little slack because he's a rookie coming off major surgery with no offseason, but that doesn't change the fact that he simply doesn't have an NFL-caliber arm.  It's not that he isn't Josh Allen or Patrick Mahomes -- most guys aren't.  It's that he has a Chad Pennington arm with Trent Edwards decision making.  That's not going to change.  The Dolphins won't have another top-5 pick for a long time.  A good front office would acknowledge that they made a mistake with Tua and take this golden opportunity to make a course correction.  Of course, I'd strongly prefer that they stick with Tua and enjoy the taste of perpetual 8-8 seasons.  

I really see a left handed Tyrod Taylor when I watch Tua. Although Taylor has a stronger arm. Neither like to use the middle of the field and love the two yard dump offs. I really hope the dolphins keep Tua because as of right now, he doesn’t scare me one bit...

Edited by whorlnut
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Maybe Someday said:

Tua hasn’t looked great but he’s supposed to be a generational talent so I don’t see them using that high of a pick on a QB. I expect them to take the best non QB or trade the pick. 

Penei Sewell most likely.