Round 1 Playoff: Colts at Bills - Sat. 1/9 1:05pm

YoloinOhio

18 minutes ago, Georgia Bill said:

From Olean Times Herald "Buffalo looks to end playoff-win drought

‘Hanging over Buffalo is the fact that it has lost its last six postseason games.’"

I hate all this Hanging over Buffalo's head, Monkeys on their Backs talk.  This crap means nothing to this team - they are going to go out and do everything they can to win and not only could probably care less how many old Bills teams lost ahead of them, but they'd be foolish to waste any time thinking about it.   Sure, they didn't like how it ended last year in a game they could have had and that's cool to use as motivation.   But when fans on this board talk about all the monkeys that have to be removed, those aren't monkeys on THIS team's back.  If anything they're monkeys that the fans and the media keep alive and keep feeding.  Hell I've been through it all since the early seventies, but I refuse to worry about past history.  It has ZERO relevance or importance for this team's playoff run.

Dance monkey

2 hours ago, stevestojan said:

My current situation: Trying to balance getting drunk enough tonight to be able to sleep, with not drinking so much I want to puke at kickoff. 

Truth be told - seeing how wired I have been, she suggested getting drunk and passing out so I can wake up late tomorrow and shake off the hangover by game time

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Truth be told - seeing how wired I have been, she suggested getting drunk and passing out so I can wake up late tomorrow and shake off the hangover by game time

My wife told you that? I was wondering who she was texting. 

carry on. 

• Haha (+1) 3

4 hours ago, Penfield45 said:

just hope Beasley can suit up , even if he’s not 100% 

Diggs injury is my biggest fear going into tomorrow

Howard is one of the best CB’s in the league and I hope Diggs injury doesn’t limit his cuts and routes 

Me too on Beasley.  I think Diggs will be fine.  He will probably have some pains but I think he will tough through them like the champ he is.

4 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

If you are a good defense, your yardage and points allowed should be pretty close. They are sort of indicators of each other. But the problem is when one is way out of whack than the other.

Miami had a great scoring defense, but I think it was an aberration or at least not sustainable. The other good scoring defenses this year also had good yardage numbers. You tend to be luckier than good when your PPG is low but yardage is high, like Miami. 

Don’t get me wrong— Miami was great at generating turnovers and making big plays. But that is a very hard type of defense to run to sustain success. Doubtful they can replicate it next year. 

I believe our D had years like that where they kept people out of the endzone but gave up a lot of yards.  Bend don't break.

2 hours ago, Georgia Bill said:

From Olean Times Herald "Buffalo looks to end playoff-win drought

‘Hanging over Buffalo is the fact that it has lost its last six postseason games.’"

I hate all this Hanging over Buffalo's head, Monkeys on their Backs talk.  This crap means nothing to this team - they are going to go out and do everything they can to win and not only could probably care less how many old Bills teams lost ahead of them, but they'd be foolish to waste any time thinking about it.   Sure, they didn't like how it ended last year in a game they could have had and that's cool to use as motivation.   But when fans on this board talk about all the monkeys that have to be removed, those aren't monkeys on THIS team's back.  If anything they're monkeys that the fans and the media keep alive and keep feeding.  Hell I've been through it all since the early seventies, but I refuse to worry about past history.  It has ZERO relevance or importance for this team's playoff run.

The only thing I'll say is that Josh has been getting grilled about last season's playoff game in interviews this week.  I hope he wakes up with a big 'ol glass of "That Was Then, This Is Now" and chugs it twice.

• Like (+1) 6