Josh Allen Passer Rating Through The Year

PrimeTime101

2 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Then adjust for strength of schedule

MVP votes only care about schedule so much. I am actually tired of questioning or saying who the best in the league.. Josh will eventually get MVP.. I believe it.

Think more in the mind of 

Elite Mahomes, Allen, Rodgers

Amazing 

Great

Good

OK

Bad 

Trash

I would be interested in where you grade the rest of the QB's in the league.

3 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I'm surprised the graph looks the way it does, to be honest.

My subjective take would be that Allen's game has had ups and downs, but that the "ups" have steadily gotten higher throughout the year, with a steady, gradual progression measured against setbacks now and again.

He's playing his best football right now, and he seems to be improving all the time.

Really part of the problem with passer rating (I know it's suppose to be when he is a passer) is it doesn't account for what he does with his legs.

For example against Denver.

28-40, 70%, 359yds, 2TD 0 INT.  Passer rating of 114.5

Mahomes against Caroline:

30-45, 66% 372yds, 4TD 0 INT.  Passer rating of 121.7

So what's not included (again, because it's passing stats) is the 2TD runs that Allen had against Denver.  This is likely better represented by Total QBR (even though that's a flawed system also).

For QBR we have their season averages:

Rodgers: 83.9

Mahomes: 82.7

Allen: 81.6

49 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

If you want the averages it's:

Rodgers: 119.3

Mahomes: 108.2

Allen: 106.7

And now the best reason to not use passer rating to judge a player/team.  Deshaun Watsons rating is 112.1 and is 4-11 this year.  The question was whether or not the bills can make a super bowl run and saying no because of one players stats is cherry picking a reason to discredit the player.

I agree.. I was using rating in telling the story.  In line of MVP this year? I think Josh is #2

3 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

This was a spin of all spins by Wright. 

It is click bait .. nothing more .. the guy says he would take Baker over Josh because of intangibles like leadership. Josh practically sweats leadership .. and not just when things are going well. Go to youtube and type in a team name (not just the Bills). Every one from ESPN will have an analyst name and ""shocked"., "explodes",  "heated"., "amazed" ... they are just playing us.  Listen to people wit serious takes and ignore the clickbait.

• Like (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

It is click bait .. nothing more .. the guy says he would take Baker over Josh because of intangibles like leadership. Josh practically sweats leadership .. and not just when things are going well. Go to youtube and type in a team name (not just the Bills). Every one from ESPN will have an analyst name and ""shocked"., "explodes",  "heated"., "amazed" ... they are just playing us.  Listen to people wit serious takes and ignore the clickbait.

Not for nothing, a lot of those are just clickbait titles.  One was "Stephen A. SHOCKED at Bills/Patriots".  Stephen A. didn't work today and wasn't even on the show.  Also a bunch of them were the same video with different titles.  There have been a few users that do this every week (not just with the Bills either).

This guy is probably better than most of the shows on TV.

Edited by The Wiz
  • Haha (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

You have that 100% accurate.

29 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

Again... I did not wish to make this topic about a dumb commentator.. IT was to discuss his ratings and explain it week by week.. As i said in the beginning.

5 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Haha good stuff

I was looking for Aarons chart. (which started at near 50 his first year)

my point is —  ratings go up and down weekly

ratings can also be skewed by # of passes.
look at Tyrods #’s.  Seemingly good BUT the results were bad when he was forced to pass.  

the opposing Defenses they face are another factor as is weather conditions.  

Just now, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

I was looking for Aarons chart. (which started at near 50 his first year)

my point is —  ratings go up and down weekly

ratings can also be skewed by # of passes.
look at Tyrods #’s.  Seemingly good BUT the results were bad when he was forced to pass.  

the opposing Defenses they face are another factor as is weather conditions.  

totally agree and again.. TY for putting the work behind that

• Like (+1) 1