Big Ben to the Bench! #2 Seed is ours!

DrDawkinstein

8 hours ago, Bob in STL said:

If the Browns play their starters for one half (less Big Ben) then I think they can win. The way Mayfield played against the Jets makes me wonder about the Browns in general.  

The dude was playing with receivers who had never played in a game before. Not just one, all of them. They had to do a walk-through in the parking garage Sunday morning because they didn't know they were losing the receivers till Saturday afternoon. Mayfield definitely didn't play well but he didn't have anything to work with either.

I was more disappointed in the run game.

16 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

2003 ring a bell? 

2003 the Drew Bledsoe led Buffalo Bills 

Buffalo hosted Pittsburgh in Week 17, needing a win and some help to get to the playoffs. The win seemed to be a foregone conclusion, the Bills would be playing for their playoff lives while the Steelers had nothing to gain, and would play their backups.

The Bills lost to Steelers backups. 

16 hours ago, RobbRiddick said:

I was being sarcastic. I remember that game well sadly

Lol. You two must be old as old as me cuz it was 2004.  

15 hours ago, Robert James said:

Except that the Browns will have their wide receivers against the Steelers backups. 

https://www.nbc4i.com/sports/nfl/nfl-cleveland/browns-covid-contact-players-eligible-to-return-thursday/

The Jets were also short handed.  They were on their 3rd and 4th stringers in the secondary.  They were also without Quinnen Williams.  Mayfield fumbled 3 times, that’s not on the WR’s....

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, cle23 said:

The dude was playing with receivers who had never played in a game before. Not just one, all of them. They had to do a walk-through in the parking garage Sunday morning because they didn't know they were losing the receivers till Saturday afternoon. Mayfield definitely didn't play well but he didn't have anything to work with either.

I was more disappointed in the run game.

Fair.   I was referring to his 2 fumbles in crunch time.  

The Browns handed off 15 times and had Mayfield pass 50+ times.  They fell behind and they chose to get away from their strength.  

21 hours ago, Gene1973 said:

Not a very Tomlin move...

Why? They will probably play better and push the ball down field more. Steelers are very capable of winning vs the Browns with a backup QB

9 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

Fair.   I was referring to his 2 fumbles in crunch time.  

The Browns handed off 15 times and had Mayfield pass 50+ times.  They fell behind and they chose to get away from their strength.  

Yea Baker was not good. But my god I watched that game yesterday and what on earth were the Browns thinking? It was like Stefanski had a brain fart. Awful gameplan.