Home Playoff Games-Any Hope For Fans??

DQW87

Not trying to make this a political post, but is there any hope NYS will allow any fans outdoors in January if the Bills have home games?  I know a while back the governor mentioned he would look at the possibility in the future.  We have been  one of the few teams that are going through the entire season with no fans at all at home games.  I think it will be really unfair in the playoffs if we aren't allowed any and the other teams are. There must now be some feedback from the teams that have done it thus far right?  Is 10,000 do-able without worrying about social distancing?  Now that there will be a considerable amount of healthcare workers vaccinated by then, how about we at least allow the vaccinated people to go as a reward? It's almost like no one is even checking any more to see if we can do it.  

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, DQW87 said:

There must now be some feedback from the teams that have done it thus far right?  Is 10,000 do-able without worrying about social distancing?  Now that there will be a considerable amount of healthcare workers vaccinated by then, how about we at least allow the vaccinated people to go as a reward? It's almost like no one is even checking any more to see if we can do it.  

Yes.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, DQW87 said:

Guess I just don't get it when you see these other stadiums and people spread way out with masks on. 

My understanding is that in Ohio they're contact tracing to see if these games are acting as super spreader events and so far they're not.

We actually had a high school football season in Ohio where teams were allowed to admit 15% of their stadiums seating capacity.  HS football is big down here and it's not unusual for stadiums to seat 7,500 - 10,000 fans.  So crowds of 1,000 or more fans, mostly players families and band parents, were at the games. Everyone played a 6 game schedule and then there was a 6 game playoff slate. 

We got all the way through holding state championships for 7 divisions (there are over 750 schools playing football in Ohio).  I also don't think they found any evidence that covid was spread at the games. 

I would hope that NY State would at least consider letting say 5,000 people into the stadium which would include players family's for any playoff games.

Edited by CincyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, DQW87 said:

Not trying to make this a political post, but is there any hope NYS will allow any fans outdoors in January if the Bills have home games?  I know a while back the governor mentioned he would look at the possibility in the future.  We have been  one of the few teams that are going through the entire season with no fans at all at home games.  I think it will be really unfair in the playoffs if we aren't allowed any and the other teams are. There must now be some feedback from the teams that have done it thus far right?  Is 10,000 do-able without worrying about social distancing?  Now that there will be a considerable amount of healthcare workers vaccinated by then, how about we at least allow the vaccinated people to go as a reward? It's almost like no one is even checking any more to see if we can do it.  

I'm going to lock this thread, not because it isn't a good question and issue - but because the correct course of action is to reach out and contact your elected representatives at all levels - governor, state senate and house, county executive etc and raise your concerns.  Heck why stop there, US congress and senators.

Historically we're like 0 for 50 or something like that at being able to discuss the topic on here without general political and covid comments taking over.

Contact your elected representatives.  Make your case as factually as possible.  Godspeed and Good Luck!

• Like (+1) 1