Fun off-season question.

BruceVilanch

I think there are a few tiers: 

Tier 1: Locks

Allen- He has been too good this year not to. 

Diggs- Perennially on the list

Tier 2: Should be in, but 50/50 if they actually make it

Tre- If a first team All-Pro season didn't do it in 2019, I am not sure that a 2020 season that took some games for the defense to take form will. He is becoming a household name across the league now. We will see. 

Poyer- Having an All-Pro type season this year. Unsure he will get the recognition. 

Tier 3: Fringe

Beasley- Maybe the best slot receiver in the league. Do they make room for his position even though he is not a #1? It has happened in the past. 

Dawkins- Playing good ball. Lack of run game in Buffalo may keep him out

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, BruceVilanch said:

Greetings from the west coast, if any of you read my last post I'm in the same relaxed state I was when I wrote that one. Here's a fun question for the off season, how many bills will be on the Nfl top 100? And how high (Ha!) Will Josh Allen be? I'm saying Josh is top 10. And I think with the increased exposure you'll see guys like Hyde, poyer, and Hughes get in. I think diggs will be top 15 and Tre will be top 25. Have a great night everyone, what a fun season it's been so far.

I think Hyde, White, Diggs, Allen, and possibly Beasley. Poyer deserves to be there, but he seems to get overlooked a lot for some reason.

Also, I'd say Allen would be ranked top 25 but not top 10 just yet. Only 3 QB's made it on 2020's list (Jackson, Wilson & Mahomes), with Jackson being the reigning MVP and Mahomes being the reigning Super Bowl MVP. If Allen & the Bills make it to the Super Bowl, there's a chance. Otherwise, Mahomes, Rodgers, and possibly even Wilson again would be put ahead of Allen.

Remember, the NFL's top 100 list is voted on by the players. Players have a different view than fans do, and Wilson has a ton of respect from his peers.

Statistically, Allen is tied for 6th with Ryan Tannehill in TD passes, 6th in passing yards, 6th in yards per game, and tied for 3rd among QB's in rushing TD's. Again, a long playoff run or Super Bowl appearance would heavily swing many players opinions though.

6 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Beasley needs close to 100 catches then. 

I think we get a heavy dose of Beasley against Denver. He could against Miami as well, but it depends on how meaningful that game is to us. Right now he is on pace for about 87 receptions. But his targets are way up on the back half of the season. 

EDIT: First 8 games- 6 targets per game. Last 5 games 8 targets per game. I think he gets 10-12 targets against the Denver D. (Now that I said that, he probably sprains his ankle lacing his cleats pregame and has 1 catch for zero yards and a fumble.)

Edited by Mango

8 minutes ago, Mango said:

I think we get a heavy dose of Beasley against Denver. He could against Miami as well, but it depends on how meaningful that game is to us. Right now he is on pace for about 87 receptions. But his targets are way up on the back half of the season. 

EDIT: First 8 games- 6 targets per game. Last 5 games 8 targets per game. I think he gets 10-12 targets against the Denver D. (Now that I said that, he probably sprains his ankle lacing his cleats pregame and has 1 catch for zero yards and a fumble.)

He can definitely get there. 

9 hours ago, TUBSTER said:

I would say four at the most.  Allen, White, Diggs, and Poyer would be the most likely in my opinion.  Beasley is having an awesome season but I don't think it will put him onto that list.  As far as ranking them I think it will be Allen top 10, Diggs top 20, Tre in the 50-60 range, and Poyer in the 75-100 range if he makes it.  A pro bowl for Poyer could really help him get on this list and I think he's been our most consistent defensive player this year.  I also think that Tre is a better corner than that range but his injuries this year have limited his playing time which plays a part into it.  

You forgot Roberts, though likely with return men it would be more like the NFL top 10, not 100!  LOL

14 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

You forgot Roberts, though likely with return men it would be more like the NFL top 10, not 100!  LOL

I was thinking about putting him on there, just not sure how much they value a special teams only player.  He is the best of the best at his position though!

6 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

If Beaz reaches 1000 yards he will. Already national talk about him being the smallest player to score more than any other ‘little guys’.

Edmunds is getting a lot of national exposure as well.

I'd love to see him get the attention he deserves.  I feel like he doesn't drop any pass that's catchable and he's always open at the right time.  

52 minutes ago, Mango said:

Dawkins- Playing good ball. Lack of run game in Buffalo may keep him out

Daryl Williams is having a great season as well.  Only one holding penalty and three sacks given up in almost 900 snaps, as well as pretty much eliminating Watt in the last game.  I will say I think his only blemish this season was against Bosa and the Chargers which is where he gave up those three sacks if I'm not mistaken.

• Like (+1) 1

Allen, Diggs and White.  

It will be difficult for Poyer as there are too many name safeties that will go ahead of him. 

At the end of it, there are 32 teams, which means a team will average 3 players in the list.    The 'popular' teams will always have the 4th and 5th player on that list.  

I expect people to always vote for additional players from  Dallas, Green Bay, 49ers, Seattle,  Pittsburgh. New England  even if they are not doing great.   Even the Jets and Giants players will get serious consideration about the Bills

Also, if you look it up by position, again there are:

QB. WR, RB, TE,  T, G, C

DT,  DE,  LB,  CB,  S

That is 12 prime positions...that means approximately about 8 players on an average in each position.  If you are in the top 8 of your position you have a *statistical* chance to be on that list. 

Edited by ganesh

On 12/16/2020 at 6:21 AM, Chandler#81 said:

If Beaz reaches 1000 yards he will. Already national talk about him being the smallest player to score more than any other ‘little guys’.

Edmunds is getting a lot of national exposure as well.

A healthy late season Edmunds does not look like the early season injured Edmunds. He deserves credit for what he’s done lately, and for how he toughed it out when he was injured. Where would we have been if he just said he couldn’t play hurt like that?  

Edited by Augie
  • Thank you (+1) 1