House votes to decriminalize marijuana, remove it from Schedule 1

PromoTheRobot

6 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Hang in there folks, legalization for everyone, everywhere, is coming, and soon.

Will still take more time, but it's coming.

I just don’t see federal legalization happening for a long time.  Maybe never.  Federal decriminalization, however, I believe will happen relatively soon.

I think both sides, eventually, will come to an agreement that harsh legal penalties for minor (e.g., less than 2 ounces of weed) pot infractions are dumb and a waste of taxpayer dollars.

6 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Just when you though we couldn't be surrounded by any more incoherent idiots this comes along.

Dope makes schizophrenia worse.  You just be thankful that as a fed employee I get popped randomly with drug tests.  They make it legal, you'll  never answer a correct who's who in Americana question again!

About damn time that they remove it from schedule 1. It’s ridiculous that marijuana is classified as a more dangerous drug than cocaine + methamphetamines.

Schedule 1 means “no currently accepted medical use”, which is obviously not true.

This is a good first step. One of the best things this will do is allow a lot more medical research into cannabis, since it’ll no longer be schedule 1. I think there are lots of potential medical uses for cannabis and it’s derivatives. It should make things less complicated for medical marijuana businesses too.

Only problem is that I don’t see it getting through the current senate (not trying to be political, just realistic). 

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Just when you though we couldn't be surrounded by any more incoherent idiots this comes along.

Using the same line of reasoning, I assume you're in favor of alcohol prohibition as well.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.