Traditional Thanksgiving Music

T&C

9 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I  can tolerate anything.  Just don't  make me sit on the "Group W" bench.

Some may be too young to remember this. Then again, they will live longer than me if they don't.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

https://nypost.com/2020/11/26/100k-raised-for-namesake-of-arlo-guthries-alices-restaurant/

Nearly 2,000 people pitched in over the last two months to a GoFundMe for the 80-year-old hippie, who’s been hit by hard times since the 1967 release of Guthrie’s 18-minute talking blues ballad.

“It’s been tremendous. God, what a relief,” Brock told The Post on Thursday about the outpouring of support.

The Brooklyn-born woman’s home and former diner in Stockbridge, Massachusetts, were the setting of Guthrie’s song about how the singer’s 1965 Thanksgiving Day arrest for littering kept him out of the Army during the Vietnam War.

Alice May Brock

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, LeviF91 said:

I worked at Macy’s for a year in college and I swear every hour between November 1 and Christmas this awful song would play. 

And I never heard the song until 2016 or 2017, driving home on an hour's commute from Hamilton.  The station posts an online log, so I was able to trace it down as to title and artist.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.