Week 9 Around the League

3 hours ago, Greg S said:

Who are we rooting for in tonight's ****show? On one hand a Jets win could hurt their chances at #1 pick and taking Lawrence. But I don't want NE to have such a bad record to where they enter the Justin Fields sweepstakes either.

Jets. A Jets win would be devastating to their chances of 1st overall. 

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think that’s why they are playing Flacco. Your move, Belichick. 

I agree. I think Darnold is 'hurt', but I don't think it's his decision to sit. The Jets have traded two players immediately after a game ended (and it's said they were actually traded before the games) and been cutting players who have been on the active roster. They certainly seem to have pivoted to full on tanking. 

I'm really curious if BB will match. 

4 hours ago, Greg S said:

Who are we rooting for in tonight's ****show? On one hand a Jets win could hurt their chances at #1 pick and taking Lawrence. But I don't want NE to have such a bad record to where they enter the Justin Fields sweepstakes either.

I'm rooting for the Pats 100%. If the Jets win, all week I'd be paranoid about BB tanking the rest of the season and landing Trevor.

Tampa let Brady throw and throw the ball (he is second in the league in passing attempts) and it was working for them, but age is a real thing and you can't keep pitching at that rate in your 40's and recover.

Belichick was smart in that he crafted a team that could run the ball just so he could take some of the season load off of Brady's arm and keep it more fresh for the post season. 

Tampa has a really good team, and just needs competent QB play to win games. I expect them to bounce back, but passing as much as he has, I don't expect Brady to have as much success down the stretch. Like in previous years his passes lose velocity and he starts to dirt some easy throws and is less successful on those outs that have to travel further faster to avoid being jumped for picks.

Still a really smart player who generally does not create a lot of negative plays... it is possible that he is a bit delusional about his waning abilities - it happens with sports icons. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.