Tyrel Dodson to IR

YoloinOhio

3 hours ago, boater said:

You're not concerned about depth on the bench?

I have to admit I don't have TE depth chart.

Depth at tight end wouldn’t move the line to a pick em ... that’s what I was responding to. As far as depth goes for this game i think two TEs are sufficient, I doubt they will all still be on the list next week 

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Do we know yet if Milano is out?

Perhaps I jumped the gun? I thought I read he was. Treatment week, however, so all bets are off with the validity of anything I say/write due to brain fog. Apologies if I’m wrong. 

The gist of what I was saying is that this year is the antithesis of last year. The Bills can’t seem to catch a break with injuries and we seem intensely thin on D and even our stellar receiving corps has gone to just ok without Smoke present. Frustrating. 

13 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

Perhaps I jumped the gun? I thought I read he was. Treatment week, however, so all bets are off with the validity of anything I say/write due to brain fog. Apologies if I’m wrong. 

The gist of what I was saying is that this year is the antithesis of last year. The Bills can’t seem to catch a break with injuries and we seem intensely thin on D and even our stellar receiving corps has gone to just ok without Smoke present. Frustrating. 

So here's the final injury report:

image.thumb.png.62e2a8778ef8efa012cc016aeb94dc7a.png

Brown, Ford, and Norman were declared out. 

Dodson was declared out and is now on IR

Knox was declared out and is now on Covid-IR

White, "Club hand" Lewis and Milano all questionable

Now maybe there has been some leak and some NFL insider has said Milano will be out, but I saw him and Tre both in the "travel to NY" photos

I'm also seeking clarity around the rules for covid-19 reserve list.

Knox and Smith went on it from the active roster.  The other two players who went on it (Sweeney and Becker) were on PUP and Practice Squad.

We elevated Duke Williams and Jordan Devey, who I assume take the place of Knox and Smith on the roster.

We're allowed to elevate 2 guys from practice squad as long as we have 8 OLmen active - so with Devey check - that would be Andre Smith and Dane Jackson?

So why Dodson onto IR?  Did we need to, to maintain the 53 man?  Or maybe we figure he needs 3 games so get him on there before the game?  Or we're clearing a spot for Feliciano to be activated next Weds?

It's all very confusing to me.

Ford did NOT go on IR but man, that guy was already playing with a brace on his shoulder and a groin injury, now a knee, so if ever a guy needed 3 weeks on IR you would think it would be him

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Now maybe there has been some leak and some NFL insider has said Milano will be out, but I saw him and Tre both in the "travel to NY" photos

Knox and Smith went on it from the active roster.  The other two players who went on it (Sweeney and Becker) were on PUP and Practice Squad.

We elevated Duke Williams and Jordan Devey, who I assume take the place of Knox and Smith on the roster.

We're allowed to elevate 2 guys from practice squad as long as we have 8 OLmen active - so with Devey check - that would be Andre Smith and Dane Jackson?

So why Dodson onto IR?  Did we need to, to maintain the 53 man?  Or maybe we figure he needs 3 games so get him on there before the game?  Or we're clearing a spot for Feliciano to be activated next Weds?

Ford did NOT go on IR but man, that guy was already playing with a brace on his shoulder and a groin injury, now a knee, so if ever a guy needed 3 weeks on IR you would think it would be him

Yes, it’s all so very weird this year with all of the changes. 

Agreed on Ford: he needs time. So do Edmunds and Milano...and Smoke. Unfortunately, we don’t get the benefit of a ‘push’ game when Covid comes to Buffalo. Not sure I understand how the NFL is handling that, either. 

As for Dodson, I appreciate McD being quiet but at the same time it drives me (us) bonkers. He is, however, doing the right thing by keeping everything close to the vest in my opinion. 

I guess, for me, I take comfort in the fact that I trust this regime. Foolish? Maybe...but I don’t think so. 

For our O, I seriously see Smoke as being Josh’s security blanket (along with Beas at times...but more so Smoke). Him being out changes this O. We need them all back to good health to make it to our promised land (my opinion). 

12 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yeah great points.  Some guys seriously need a few weeks to get healthy.

Regarding Dodson, best guess they figure he is out a min of 2 weeks and figure they will likely need that roster spot (in next 2 weeks), better than having to put him on IR next week and losing an extra week.  Or his injury is more serious than we know.

Ford, would assume he would have gone on IR too, surprised by that.  I would assume they think he has a shot at returning next week, along with perhaps Feliciano.

Extra roster spot isn't needed per say for tomorrow, especially since Feliciano wasn't activated, and as you noted the Knox/Smith to Covid created 2 open spots.  Pure speculation, but won't be surprised to see a couple roster moves at the deadline.  

5 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

I posited a few weeks ago that the Bills should elevate some of the bruisers off the PS for this game-- this Greggo defense is going to be looking to hurt people. Duke Williams has unfortunately become something of a polarizing figure on this site, with some folks jumping at any opportunity to bash him. But he is definitely going to meet defenders head-on. He has a knack for contested catches, isn't going to get pushed around, has great YAC ability, and is a decent blocker who may elevate our running game. I hope he is active, and gets an opportunity to make plays.

His career includes totals of 16 catches for 215 yards and 1 TD over 5 games.  He caught 55% of his catches. He dropped 10%.  His YAC is 4.2 yards.

He certainly meets defenders head on though--his numbers prove that.

24 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

With 10x better hands.

nah

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Yeah great points.  Some guys seriously need a few weeks to get healthy.

Regarding Dodson, best guess they figure he is out a min of 2 weeks and figure they will likely need that roster spot (in next 2 weeks), better than having to put him on IR next week and losing an extra week.  Or his injury is more serious than we know.

Ford, would assume he would have gone on IR too, surprised by that.  I would assume they think he has a shot at returning next week, along with perhaps Feliciano.

Extra roster spot isn't needed per say for tomorrow, especially since Feliciano wasn't activated, and as you noted the Knox/Smith to Covid created 2 open spots.  Pure speculation, but won't be surprised to see a couple roster moves at the deadline.  

So here's a thought for that roster spot (assuming I'm correct that we have a roster spot right now....)

• Like (+1) 1