Reasons why I should vote for Biden.....

On 10/6/2020 at 10:42 AM, TBBills said:

Can anyone give any reason why to vote for Trump other than the promise of more riots, unrest, and unemployment?

Interesting.  The riots and unrest are Soros funded and the virus is the reason for current unemployment...

• Haha (+1) 1

People please!

This isn’t complicated. At the start of the Great Recession, higher wage earners were told by the Democrats that we should chip in, and we did, with the top federal tax rate going from 35 to 37.5%. Very few complained. We just paid the tax to help out a country in need. So when the recession ended Trump put the rate back to where it had been before. Seemed reasonable....but his plan also eliminated the deduction for State and Local taxes so in the end the ‘rich’ ended up paying more....again! 
Make sense? 

Edited by SoCal Deek

Hey Transplant, why don't you answer my question to you? After the Trump tax cuts did revenue to the federal government go up or down? 

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

People please!

This isn’t complicated. At the start of the Great Recession, higher wage earners were told by the Democrats that we should chip in, and we did, with the top federal tax rate going from 35 to 37.5%. Very few complained. We just paid the tax to help out a country in need. So when the recession ended Trump put the rate back to where it had before. Seemed reasonable....but his plan also eliminated the deduction for State and Local taxes so in the end the ‘rich’ ended up paying more....again! 
Make sense? 

No, he didn't eliminate the deduction but limited it. People in states that had ridiculously high taxes were affected.

4 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

Hey Transplant, why don't you answer my question to you? After the Trump tax cuts did revenue to the federal government go up or down? 

It went up in 2018 and 2019 at about the same rate since 2010.  If you adjust for inflation it actually went down in 2018.  The main problem continues to be neither party wants to reduce federal spending if you care about the deficit in the slightest.  

26 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

It went up in 2018 and 2019 at about the same rate since 2010.  If you adjust for inflation it actually went down in 2018.  The main problem continues to be neither party wants to reduce federal spending if you care about the deficit in the slightest.  

Not exactly. Unemployment levels went down but the best part of that was that included more full time jobs. Unemployment numbers can be construed or misconstrued and played with as we've seen. My recollection is that during the Obama years the unemployment rates were nearly always revised upward at a later date while Trump's economic news seemed to always look better after a revision. Regardless, the real thermometer to test the economy is simply what is happening with wages. 

3 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

Not exactly. Unemployment levels went down but the best part of that was that included more full time jobs. Unemployment numbers can be construed or misconstrued and played with as we've seen. My recollection is that during the Obama years the unemployment rates were nearly always revised upward at a later date while Trump's economic news seemed to always look better after a revision. Regardless, the real thermometer to test the economy is simply what is happening with wages. 

I was talking about incoming federal revenue from taxes you referenced but you're pry right in that it's the best indicator.  GDP has its limits.

17 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

17 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

...agree...historical deception.....simple math says alter the denominator......"those that have given up" no longer count......OR...."our party has created millions of jobs".......and folks agree saying, "yup, I know, I have THREE of them"......

13 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...agree...historical deception.....simple math says alter the denominator......"those that have given up" no longer count......OR...."our party has created millions of jobs".......and folks agree saying, "yup, I know, I have THREE of them"......

That's why I say that the only true way to determine the health of the economy as it pertains to jobs is wage growth. When there is a demand for workers wages will go up in order for businesses to compete with other businesses. It is much more healthy and good for our economy to walk into a Walmart and see that they have posted job openings starting at $13.75 an hour than to join the artificial push for a $15.00 minimum wage. Now I know responding to you is like preaching to the choir since you are well aware of this. My goal in posting this is to help educate the people here who ignore supply and demand and think regulation and/or proclamations are a panacea for our economy. 

1 minute ago, 3rdnlng said:

That's why I say that the only true way to determine the health of the economy as it pertains to jobs is wage growth. When there is a demand for workers wages will go up in order for businesses to compete with other businesses. It is much more healthy and good for our economy to walk into a Walmart and see that they have posted job openings starting at $13.75 an hour than to join the artificial push for a $15.00 minimum wage. Now I know responding to you is like preaching to the choir since you are well aware of this. My goal in posting this is to help educate the people here who ignore supply and demand and think regulation and/or proclamations are a panacea for our economy. 

...NEVER...that is self deprecating and I would NEVER do that to you friend...PERIOD.....STOP IT..... would you agree that increasing demand for wage growth starts with bringing HOME industries et al that we've let slide to the import side?.....as a single widower with grown children and  a blessed job at 67 and still going (thank my lucky stars NIGHTLY, coming from humble roots), my tax tab is is astronomical....HOWEVER......if my tax tab helps to bring MORE jobs back home, at decent household sustainable levels, inducing companies to do so, I'm in.....strengthen our financial HOMELAND first and let the world come begging to us versus us begging to THEM.....

53 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Drain the Trump swamp. Millions of dollars spent at his businesses by governments and corporations that have pending business with the president https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-businesses-flourished-from-his-presidency-times-reports/ar-BB19TDe9

Why do guys like you, who point fingers at Trump, often overlook Biden's misdeeds?  I was debating a friend of mine, who hates Trump, and asked what it was about him he disliked so much.  I understand why people don't like the way he speaks, I get that, but the irony of his answer struck me.  He said he was upset about Trump saying "he could grab woman by the p*$$y" and Ukraine quid pro quo.  Really?  What about Tara Reid?  Her claim had much more substance, she was physically violated, and was overlooked by the DNC media.   What about Joe Biden's quid pro quo that he admitted/bragged about on tape?  Also overlooked by the DNC media.  Even when provided with actual evidence, my friend wasn't even remotely interested.  This is the problem.  Trump hate has caused people to lose all objectivity and they have become a danger to themselves and society.  They will never see it until its too late, and then they will just blame others for not warning them.  Its what they do...

• Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Brueggs said:

Why do guys like you, who point fingers at Trump, often overlook Biden's misdeeds?  I was debating a friend of mine, who hates Trump, and asked what it was about him he disliked so much.  I understand why people don't like the way he speaks, I get that, but the irony of his answer struck me.  He said he was upset about Trump saying "he could grab woman by the p*$$y" and Ukraine quid pro quo.  Really?  What about Tara Reid?  Her claim had much more substance, she was physically violated, and was overlooked by the DNC media.   What about Joe Biden's quid pro quo that he admitted/bragged about on tape?  Also overlooked by the DNC media.  Even when provided with actual evidence, my friend wasn't even remotely interested.  This is the problem.  Trump hate has caused people to lose all objectivity and they have become a danger to themselves and society.  They will never see it until its too late, and then they will just blame others for not warning them.  Its what they do...

He’s just a better man, more rational, level headed and interested in governing. Trump is not 

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

He’s just a better man, more rational, level headed and interested in governing. Trump is not 

Except when there is rioting and looting.  Then he's not so interested in being a leader.

A better man? He's sexually assaulted women, made inappropriate gestures to minors and let's not forget lining his pockets for him and his son by gritting Americans for millions of dollars. 

Other than that I'm sure he's a great guy.🙄

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Short Tempered Joe Biden Says “Voters Don’t Deserve To Know” His Position on Supreme Court…

Original Article

In a remarkable exchange between candidate Joe Biden and KTNV Las Vegas journalist Matt Dimattei, the intemperate democrat candidate says that voters are not allowed to know his position on packing the U.S. Supreme Court. Dimattei: “Don’t the voters deserve to know?” Biden: “No, they don’t deserve to know”..

Just below the surface of Joe Biden is the aged persona of a very angry, unstable, often confused and intemperate, life-long politician. Essentially Biden’s #1 talking point is: you have to vote for me to find out what those who control me have in mind for me

12 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Short Tempered Joe Biden Says “Voters Don’t Deserve To Know” His Position on Supreme Court…

Original Article

In a remarkable exchange between candidate Joe Biden and KTNV Las Vegas journalist Matt Dimattei, the intemperate democrat candidate says that voters are not allowed to know his position on packing the U.S. Supreme Court. Dimattei: “Don’t the voters deserve to know?” Biden: “No, they don’t deserve to know”..

Just below the surface of Joe Biden is the aged persona of a very angry, unstable, often confused and intemperate, life-long politician. Essentially Biden’s #1 talking point is: you have to vote for me to find out what those who control me have in mind for me

I think this is an important distinction between one man who basically does what he wants and another man who listens to what the world is saying around him. Left or right it is the responsibility of our President of the United States to find common goals that brings us together in a time of crisis in my humble opinion.

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Better man how?  Morally?  He probably wants you to think that.  His actions suggest otherwise.  Rational and level headed?  I'm sorry, but this man is clearly neither of the above.  He is in obvious cognitive decline, and that is a sad but true statement.  I agree he has an interest in governing, unfortunately his motivation is not for the betterment of our society, but to the benefit of his family.  Trumps energy for governing far exceeds Biden's.  I would say none of your points make a valid argument.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Brueggs said:

Better man how?  Morally?  He probably wants you to think that.  His actions suggest otherwise.  Rational and level headed?  I'm sorry, but this man is clearly neither of the above.  He is in obvious cognitive decline, and that is a sad but true statement.  I agree he has an interest in governing, unfortunately his motivation is not for the betterment of our society, but to the benefit of his family.  Trumps energy for governing far exceeds Biden's.  I would say none of your points make a valid argument.  

No, Trump is a POS who is losing. Biden is fine. 

Trump is just trash 

On 10/10/2020 at 6:43 AM, 3rdnlng said:

No, he didn't eliminate the deduction but limited it. People in states that had ridiculously high taxes were affected.

You do realize that the majority of high wage earners live in those high tax states, right? So, YES, my taxes went up, not down, under Trump. 

10 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

No, Trump is a POS who is losing. Biden is fine. 

Trump is just trash 

Exactly what I thought, the standard DNC platform.  "Hate Trump".  It works well to keep the myopic part of society in check.  It keeps them from getting sidetracked and it takes the focus off the guy who cant get out a complete thought without a teleprompter or audio transmitter.  Imagine if people judged the candidates on what they bring to the table?  That would be a DNC disaster.