Additional information regarding the actions taken

SDS

15 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

I wasn't looking for poster names but rather some definition of the far right. 

You said right wing. But for him/her that is far right, Obviously he/she has an agenda, hence the posters monikers.

4 hours ago, shoshin said:

Don't be a lowlife. I didn't report DR. Not once. Not ever. 

But are you not the person who advocated the closing down of the PPP, probably largely because of DR. Now that he is gone, all is well with the world. Someone complained  (TFR most likely), and it seems to have been a coordinated effort.

Hollow victory though. One prolific poster like DR are worth 20 dink n donk Tiberius types.

Speakupwny.com was very active... once upon a time... Indeed, perhaps the PPP should be closed and TBD be a football only site like most other cities..

Now how to find DR on Parler.com

Edited by Niagara

1 hour ago, shoshin said:

"My understanding is that this decision was made by @SDS personally.   He has made a decision that certain viewpoints are unwelcome on his board.   Make this hurt for him."

How besides doing something to the website could anyone make it hurt? If 10 conservative posters left, that would not register as a blip at TBD. 

This is the Internet. Several posters have gotten personal creepy crap from their interface with this place and Tasker's statement was about hurting SDS. 

He had 3 chances to walk it back or clarify responding to me. He didn't do it a single time. 

I read a different quote before I read the one you cut and paste above.  I don't agree with his approach but it was clear to me he wanted to "spread the word" about TBD.  To me it did not read like hacking, physical harm, doxxing or anything of the sort.  It read like he wanted to get enough people off the site so it would lose revenue.  He wanted more than 5 or 10.  I don't think it would work but the "plan" seemed clear to me.

What is unclear to me is why you seem to want to "correct" the way I've interpreted what he wrote.  Why do you feel that need?  I've told you I don't feel the same way as him regardless of whichever interpretation is correct. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, 4merper4mer said:

I read a different quote before I read the one you cut and paste above.  I don't agree with his approach but it was clear to me he wanted to "spread the word" about TBD.  To me it did not read like hacking, physical harm, doxxing or anything of the sort.  It read like he wanted to get enough people off the site so it would lose revenue.  He wanted more than 5 or 10.  I don't think it would work but the "plan" seemed clear to me.

What is unclear to me is why you seem to want to "correct" the way I've interpreted what he wrote.  Why do you feel that need?  I've told you I don't feel the same way as him regardless of whichever interpretation is correct. 

Because according to shoshin we're all bad people but he can help us find the way.  If only we'd be civil, this will be the utopia of political message boards.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, meazza said:

Because according to shoshin we're all bad people but he can help us find the way.  If only we'd be civil, this will be the utopia of political message boards.

I mean, ideally he'll just get rid of PPP altogether, but if he has to he'll gentrify it. He's a true hero. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

What is unclear to me is why you seem to want to "correct" the way I've interpreted what he wrote.  Why do you feel that need?  

I don’t. I used the quote and his behavior to present a picture of at best a reckless threat that who knows who would interpret as some sort of clarion call, and that he didn’t disavow. 

You defended your view. So be it. 

11 hours ago, LB3 said:

When most of what one does is trolling, they're a troll. I don't think you're a troll. I think you let emotions override your ability to be rational sometimes, but I don't think you're a troll.

I "let emotions override" my ability to be rational????   LOL.   IOW I'm not a sociopath like the current occupant of the WH and many of his sycophants.

3 minutes ago, SoTier said:

I "let emotions override" my ability to be rational????   LOL.   IOW I'm not a sociopath like the current occupant of the WH and many of his sycophants.

Case in point.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, meazza said:

Why am I not surprised that you mock a suggestion that civility would promote real political discussion?

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, keepthefaith said:

I wasn't looking for poster names but rather some definition of the far right. 

People that blindly follow Trump and ignore anything bad he does... People that post conspiracy theories about the left and pretend anything about the right is "fake news" 

The fact that you couldn't see that looking at those people's post is why I didn't care to explain it to you. 

Oh yeah and Chef you never once asked me that once again you got caught lying.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, meazza said:

:lol:  You’re a real stalker.

Well, dude, if you didn't keep posting in threads I happen to be reading and/or responding to my posts, I wouldn't see your posts and/or get notifications that you quoted me.   You'll just have to learn to deal with it -- or learn how to use the "Ignore Function".   I ain't goin' nowhere, especially not to accommodate you.