New Server: We have moved

SDS

33 minutes ago, SDS said:

are these like TPS reports?

Don't know what they have available - for me it's things like average i/o wait times, cpu/memory utilization are where you want (all low). I guess you would be looking for that and maybe an average page delivery time if they can get it. Here is something for my disk, hopefully you can see it.

image.thumb.png.48c4350f994b78e1f09671449b98b734.png

Maybe some perfmon charts would be a place to start, my windows experience is a little dated so I don't have a real good idea of the latest system monitoring tools available. If you get a baseline you can see how it goes over time and if you know what normal looks like you will know what a problem looks like. Again, depending on how much time you want to spend.

Edited by 4BillsintheBurgh

On 9/3/2020 at 12:13 PM, SDS said:

Several asked about donating. While I don't need any contributions for our usual fees, I know the act of giving is a satisfying act. The server move cost $375 in fees for a sysadmin to do the setup for us. If you want to contribute to that, here is a link. If not, no worries. Just enjoy. ✌️

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=7TTY93GTNHQ9Y&source=url

...CERTAINLY  a worthwhile cause to consider a contribution......what this guy does ON HIS OWN is well beyond the call of duty......pretty remarkable IMO that SDS always searches for ways to improve the site, whether hardware, software or ISP all on his own nickel.....NO, I'm not his relative, a paid shill or PSA ghost writer....eff that...I'm WAY TOO old.....I donated a sum and feel great about it, so hopefully others will consider to keep the site going......thanks friends.....

2 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I've noticed an issue with using carriage return on Android making the keyboard disappear. Anyone else?

I thought it was just me.

Carriage return causes the onscreen keyboard to disappear.  Gotta tap to bring it back.  Really sux if you  forgot about the bug. Screws the post up.

1 minute ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I thought it was just me.

Carriage return causes the onscreen keyboard to disappear.  Gotta tap to bring it back.  Really sux if you  forgot about the bug. Screws the post up.

2 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I've noticed an issue with using carriage return on Android making the keyboard disappear. Anyone else?

Try emptying the cache files on your phone. 

7 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I do all the time.  I surf incognito too. 

the software didn’t change. They are the same files. The files are just served from a different location. If your phone is behaving in your hand in an odd way, that can only mean the files on your phone are acting badly together or something in your phone changed. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, SDS said:

Sidjsjdjsjd

djjdjdjdjkdkd

dkdkdkdkdk

iPhone 8, chrome, latest updates. No issues in this configuration. 

No worries.  Not a big thing.  I just learn  to slow down. 

I don't  like Brave that  much, used to straight  up Chrome.   Will try it outside  of incognito, under a normal tab.

8 minutes ago, SDS said:

There is a software update coming soon anyway. It’s a largish update that requires me to do more theming. 😕

Both my and my wife’s phones just had updates. They should have just labeled it “Go Buy a New Phone”. Same thing happened last time we got new phones. Update, now you drop every call. We are fussing with every possible remedy (she’s actually very good at this stuff), but I’m sure we need new phones because Apple says so. Irritating, but we just go along with it.....pick your battles, write the check. 

27 minutes ago, Augie said:

Both my and my wife’s phones just had updates. They should have just labeled it “Go Buy a New Phone”. Same thing happened last time we got new phones. Update, now you drop every call. We are fussing with every possible remedy (she’s actually very good at this stuff), but I’m sure we need new phones because Apple says so. Irritating, but we just go along with it.....pick your battles, write the check. 

I am  NOT an Apple guy by any means... But that's  not your  problem,  they are strong  on the hardware  and updates.  My MiL still uses a 4s and will move into wife's  6s when wife upgrades.   But, then  again,  updates  stopped and she  don't  surf.  MiL, like Charlie don't surf!  LoL...

• SDS unpinned this topic