BLM protest happening.....

Westside

1 minute ago, 3rdnlng said:

Don't even bring the NBA into the equation here. Sure the players make a ton but they've sold their souls to China in the process. Mark my words, with Lebron as the face of the NBA that league will return to the days prior to Magic and Bird. A two bit league populated with a ton of gangstas that are viewed by the average American as such won't be able to sell $300 shoes nor find many takers for NBA player jerseys. Their greed is going to do them in.

Was there a blog post disguised as an article on OAN that I missed? 

6 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Was there a blog post disguised as an article on OAN that I missed? 

No, not at all. I came up with that all by myself. Unlike you, who gets their marching orders from such sources as the Huffington Post, NYT's and Washington Post I can think for myself. Do you actually think that the major sports leagues are endearing themselves to the American public lately? 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, 3rdnlng said:

No, not at all. I came up with that all by myself. Unlike you, who gets their marching orders from such sources as the Huffington Post, NYT's and Washington Post I can think for myself. Do you actually think that the major sports leagues are endearing themselves to the American public lately? 

The NBA certainly is and the NFL is starting to turn that around. The NHL being mostly non american white people has never had much of a horse in the race, and I don't follow MLB that closely.

Just now, BullBuchanan said:

The NBA certainly is and the NFL is starting to turn that around. The NHL being mostly non american white people has never had much of a horse in the race, and I don't follow MLB that closely.

I'm not sure what you are trying to convey. The NBA certainly is doing what? 

1 minute ago, 3rdnlng said:

I'm not sure what you are trying to convey. The NBA certainly is doing what? 

Endearing itself to the American public. It was in response to your question.

1 minute ago, Gary M said:

A benihana christmas GIF - Find on GIFER

56 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

You might want to look into systemic racism before posting anything more.

If systemic racism involves keeping black people in substandard public housing, denying them the opportunity to attend schools of their choice,  discouraging nuclear families and frowning upon church going, then yes it exists.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, 3rdnlng said:

Seriously, you think the American public thinks highly of the NBA right now? You must live in an America that is foreign to me. 

Your vocal minority doesn't understand how small of a percentage of the population you really represent. It's scary that it's still so many, but it's not the majority of the country that you think it is.

Your vocal minority doesn't understand how small of a percentage of the population you really represent. It's scary that it's still so many, but it's not the majority of the country that you think it is.

Why are ratings down when there's nothing else to watch?

• Like (+1) 2

Echo chamber says what?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LB3 said:

Why are ratings down when there's nothing else to watch?

Ratings are down across all sports due to the pandemic. I haven't watched a second of hockey, and I love the sport. I doubt I'll even watch that much football.

6 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Seriously, you think the American public thinks highly of the NBA right now? You must live in an America that is foreign to me. 

https://deadspin.com/america-is-finally-getting-it-poll-shows-majority-supp-1844883422
image.thumb.png.aaccae051e54fe308ae102b2b459644f.png

8 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Ratings are down across all sports due to the pandemic. I haven't watched a second of hockey, and I love the sport. I doubt I'll even watch that much football.

https://deadspin.com/america-is-finally-getting-it-poll-shows-majority-supp-1844883422
image.thumb.png.aaccae051e54fe308ae102b2b459644f.png

The NBA is full of fabulous athletes with little gray matter. Mark my words, they're killing the Golden Goose. 

7 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

The NBA is full of fabulous athletes with little gray matter. Mark my words, they're killing the Golden Goose. 

That describes all sports and most physically intensive jobs. I think they'll probably be here long after we're all in the ground.

The right has unsuccessfully tried to boycott sports for years. They continue to increase in value. The money shows that people simply don't perceive them as being anti-american, despite the narrative.

Edited by BullBuchanan

Beyond the Ratings a New Poll Shows Professional Sports are in Real Trouble with Americans

FTA:

Ethan Strauss  has been upfront about the issue of activism driving the fans off. In an interview he noted that the insulated environment within the league prevents them from seeing the results. ‘’I think that when you talk to a lot of people who aren’t within media, people maybe where their politics don’t line up 100 percent with what’s being evinced, yeah, a lot of people are turned off by it.’’ Now it can be shown that Strauss was more than correct. A recent Gallup poll has shown that in the past year Americans have taken a largely negative view of professional sports.

Each year Gallup surveys Americans on their favorability in regards to 25 major industries in the country. In its latest, released this week, we see some precipitous declines that should shake the constitutions of the fist-shaking pro athletes. Of all the sectors measured in the survey, professional sports suffered the biggest drop in support, falling all the way to 23rd on the list and settling barely above The Federal Government. The negative impressions by Americans now see sports underwater by double digits, with a 30%-40% favorable/unfavorable ratio.

Things are only more bleak in the metrics. This decline was not a number moved by one sector rebelling against the actions in athletics. In all categories measured – gender, race, age, and politics — pro sports saw sharp declines of support. Among all adults favorability plunged -30%, and of particular alarm should be that wage earners in the 35-45 age group dropped -44%. Non-white Americans fell a sharp -35%. Even the most supportive sector – Democrats – fell, a lower -5%, but among those declaring to be Independent there was a -36% drop in approval; where that category harbored a positive impression last year at +26% they now sit with a -10% approval.

What needs to be highlighted is that this was not a poll driven by leading questions. People were not asked specifically if the activism was driving them off, nor given ”Have the protests changed your impression of sports’’ queries. This was a general impression poll asked of numerous industries. These are sobering returns, and they show there is a real visceral feeling that fans are being repelled by the antics in stadiums and arenas. This cannot be dismissed as one particular group of cranks moving the needle. 

Until the leagues are willing to admit this is having a direct and recognizable negative impact it will only continue. Lebron James is in the news far more often over social politics than for the game he plays. Coaches like Steve Kerr and Stan Van Gundy are vocal about their distaste for segments of this country, all while they have praised and defended the human rights violations in China. 

These offenses resonate with fans, and at a time when they should be desperate for all the attention they can draw the leagues and the players feel it is more important to deliver lectures than to deliver a diversion. And it is becoming more obvious that more fans are not interested in accepting that delivery.

On 9/9/2020 at 12:34 AM, BullBuchanan said:

It has to do with your warped version of history. Trying to equate protesters with far-right authoritarianism is at face value intellectually vacant. First of all, you cannot have fascism without authority, something that protesters against far right extremism completely lack in an organized manner. Second of all, anti-semitism is not distinctly left or right globally, but in America is most often associated with right wing extremist organizations as well as alt-right people who use "soros", "east coast elite"/"hollywood elite", and "mainstream media" as a dogwhistle for "jew". "Jews controlling hollywood, the media, and the banks" were all the prime racist talking points of far-right nutjobs in my youth and in my history books. Since then, the message has shifted but it means the same thing.

You want BLM and Antifa to go away? Stop killing people. Stop assaulting protesters.

It really is that easy

Quite the perversion of history.  The only reason that antisemitism is associated with far right is because the left winks at the attacks that come from their side.   There have been far more attacks on Jews from the progressive side than from the stereotypical neo-nazi. You know it's bad when even NYT has to admit the truth.

But getting back to the broken glass, the comparisons are totally proper because both instances were fueled by a false narrative involving a killing, with the relevant authorities turning a blind eye towards the resulting property destruction, because people's outrage was justified to them.   

That's the side you're defending, whether you admit it or not.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

That describes all sports and most physically intensive jobs. I think they'll probably be here long after we're all in the ground.

The right has unsuccessfully tried to boycott sports for years. They continue to increase in value. The money shows that people simply don't perceive them as being anti-american, despite the narrative.

I love sports. I'm a conservative. I have no problem with the top salaries being what they are. I despise what the major sports leagues are allowing themselves to become. It'll break my heart when the Sabres or the Bills win a championship while its been so diluted by the nonsense that is BLM or even worse, Antifia. I watched KC and Houston tonight. They pissed me off before the game even started. 

12 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

I guess you don't understand advertising costs... wait you don't understand much of anything.

Ratings have been down the last few years in the NFL and now a big drop in the NBA. 

The right puts up with the non-sense in sports until they get disgusted enough to leave. Everyone has their own threshold. Now it's here, they keep pushing. Watch what happens in 2-4 years when the unions want raises and the revenues dip, which they will. If it wasn't for TV revenue the NFL would be in trouble already.