RB's Wade & Moss are "tight"

LB48

4 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Yeah.  Jones was named a team captain in 2018 for his special teams play.  He was not retained by Buffalo after the 2018 season due to a serious neck injury which landed him on IR, but he was signed in the spring of 2019 and played a season in Houston.  

There’s a reason Taiwan was re-signed by Buffalo this year.  He’s a special teams monster (as I mentioned one of the best gunners in the NFL), can return punts/kickoffs as needed, and is more than a capable backup RB.  And he’s healthy.

Look, we all like Wade.  It’s a good story and he looks like he has some solid potential.  Tremendous athlete.  He’ll have his spot on the practice squad and continue to develop.  Perhaps he’ll make a roster one day, but the reality is that it’s a long shot.  Not trying to be a jerk....just being realistic.

Oh I'm not disagreeing with you at all. You're correct that Jones will be making it to help out on special teams. As for Wade, he does most likely need more time to adjust to football. All in all you made some really solid points and I didn't see it as you being a jerk about it.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, simpleman said:

The worst part of this board is the people that see it as a place to just to insult other posters. The OP shared valuable information I had not read. If your toy smartphone makes reading text too difficult, maybe it is time to buy a real computer to use on the board. Thank you for sharing OP.

insults?  Enter the PPP. 

I dare you. 

2 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

No guarantees for sure, but who has more to offer other than carries?  I give the nod to Jones, and I think he likely would have never been let go if not for the season ending neck injury in 2018.  These guys who are 3rd/4th on the depth chart have to contribute on special teams, and that’s something that Jones happens to excel at.  Plus, by all accounts he’s healthy.  He was all last season for Houston, IIRC.

Dont disagree with any of this, and if this were a normal season I would be in full agreement.  But the wildcard is no preseason and limited reps in camp.  Daboll runs one of the most complicated offenses in the league, so guys unfamiliar with it are going to have that working against them as an obstacle.  

So that’s the main reason I think Yeldon has an edge, but my personal preference is Jones.

8 hours ago, BeefCurtns said:

Oh yeah what part of the UK? Is it Cacapoopoopeepeeshire?

?

The town in Wales?

I surmise Singletary is not on the meetings since they're rookie meetings? Wade said that he's still technically a rookie and Moss is a rookie soooo...

Edited by Ralonzo

13 hours ago, simpleman said:

The worst part of this board is the people that see it as a place to just to insult other posters. The OP shared valuable information I had not read. If your toy smartphone makes reading text too difficult, maybe it is time to buy a real computer to use on the board. Thank you for sharing OP.

From OP - I thought it was an interesting article that I hadn't seen before.  Just sharing w/o comment! 

On 8/22/2020 at 7:46 AM, eball said:

I still can’t see a path for Wade to the 53 this season.  I think they’ll keep him on the PS again.  Love the story and hate that we can’t see him in preseason, but let’s face it, he’s obviously not doing anything in practice to suggest he could take snaps from Motor or Moss, and Taiwan Jones isn’t going anywhere.

I think I would rather have him on the regular PS this year, not the exempt spot. That way he could be called up if needed