Batting Average: Rep Score/# of Posts

dubs

1 minute ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Reality Check gives me a "laugh" at pretty much everything I post here 

So, you tell me.  Is he mocking or agreeing with me? 

ha. Dude, I don’t know. I was just having a little fun. NBD 

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

The enemy of my enemy is my friend.  I support excluding you and all Frenchys.

Under the point system rules, it takes two smiley emojis to earn one rep point for canadians. It's a currency thing.

So my brothers and sisters to the north, you'll have to try a little harder to earn respect. Life sucks sometimes. 

Edited by westside2
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

8 minutes ago, westside2 said:

Under the point system rules, it takes two smiley emojis to earn one rep point for canadians. It's a currency thing.

So my brothers and sisters to the north, you'll have to try a little harder to earn respect. Life sucks sometimes. 

My mother was born in Canada, a short drive across the Bridge of Peace.  I think we all want peace in the world, and should strive toward that goal hand I hand, but points is points and I got ta get payeeed.

• Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Paulus said:

Its dumb, but I get it. People were pretty crabby when BBMB refugees showed up. I just wondered if* the point system being implemented had anything to do with the BBMB migrants...

….at least I wasn't illegal...…….just sayin'...………….

52 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

I am an Independent.  

I do not kowtow to one party or the other 

Thanks for the insult,  It only strengthens my opinion that if you can't prove you insult.

I am no party affiliation! 

I do not kowtow to one party or the other.

What do I win? ?

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

At one time SDS had to limit the Rep Point system to 10 per day because It was being abused. 

Someone mistakenly took a post count as Rep points and reported abuse to Scott.  I know of 3 or 4 people that had 50 to 100 points removed. 

As time went on he removed the limitations and now its a free for all.  

Had he kept limits it would force the posters to choose wisely rather that as I said hand them out like candy on Halloween 

Ok I have to ask. Do any of you even look at or care about post counts or scores?  What is this?  High school?  

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, Chef Jim said:

Ok I have to ask. Do any of you even look at or care about post counts or scores?  What is this?  High school?  

Obviously, Slim does as he is extremely butthurt.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

This is kind of funny.   all it proves is that the posters in the PPP love anything pro R and mock anything Liberal and had out Reps like Candy ...  

Rep Points count both Good, Meh and Bad.

So tell us ... 

Is a laugh a GOOD or BAD indicator?    Are they laughing because the agree or laughing to mock?

Should someone mocked for 9 of 10 posts really show a green (good) average? 

No.  The posters hand out points on TSW like candy.  Have something negative to say about a player or coach after a bad game and you will rack them up in short order.  Setting a limit for 24 hours after a game might cut down on the free wheeling points bonanza and get posters to really think about things.  I don't like the idea of having negative points as it invites posters to play "gotcha" with people they dislike.

5 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

The hot girls care about those things!

• Haha (+1) 1

At one time SDS had to limit the Rep Point system to 10 per day because It was being abused. 

Someone mistakenly took a post count as Rep points and reported abuse to Scott.  I know of 3 or 4 people that had 50 to 100 points removed. 

As time went on he removed the limitations and now its a free for all.  

Had he kept limits it would force the posters to choose wisely rather that as I said hand them out like candy on Halloween 

If I remember right, the system was put in mainly to cut back on “I agree” or “that was funny” or “you’re not making any sense” posts that people would have to make just to get their message across.  For that, the reaction option works great.  The board isn’t nearly so jammed up anymore because of it. If people found an alternative way to use the feature for their entertainment, then that’s the way it goes. For the original intent, it it working fine, IMO. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

That whole point system is gay.

Not there is anything wrong with that. 

Ok yeah, there is something wrong with that. 

...says the guy at the bottom of the list.

• Haha (+1) 2

21 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

2001 was my first year. Though I didn't post I don't think until late that year after nearly a year of lurking. I don't think my first post in PPP was until 2003 or 2004.

going on 19 years for me, but I think I was on before that, wasn't the platform changed in Sept 2001?