2020 Hurricane Season

T&C

43 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

I read 1930-something and 1950-something earlier today 

Those both weren't hurricanes though.

Latest update shows a course headed straight for you. 75+ mph is called a baby storm but still something to be reckoned with. Wish you the best of luck... we need all of our Bills fans intact, the season is upon us.

16 hours ago, 707BillsFan said:

Should have a fire season thread .... a couple miles from my house: 

118008308_10220720116645182_8448772485631128662_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=INFvP-6NJaMAX9qmq2o&_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.xx&oh=e356f050e9261110bbd82ace3fd4be8f&oe=5F64C117

For sure....I was thinking of posters who were in the line of fire.  I assume you are packed up and ready for the order.....hopefully it won't come.

That dry lightning storm last weekend was one of the wilder things I've seen.

19 hours ago, KD in CA said:

For sure....I was thinking of posters who were in the line of fire.  I assume you are packed up and ready for the order.....hopefully it won't come.

That dry lightning storm last weekend was one of the wilder things I've seen.

Oh yeah, it was an amazing show. We went out wine tasting on Monday and watched the show as we tasted wine. More dry lightning for Sun-Tue. We're hosed. I'm thinking we're fine. We have acres upon acres of vineyards between the fire and our location. Vineyards are a good fire line. In other words, we're in denial. Unless things change dramatically, we'll be okay. Then again, I never thought we'd have a firestorm race thru our neighborhood and that happened (2017). 

43 minutes ago, 707BillsFan said:

Oh yeah, it was an amazing show. We went out wine tasting on Monday and watched the show as we tasted wine. More dry lightning for Sun-Tue. We're hosed. I'm thinking we're fine. We have acres upon acres of vineyards between the fire and our location. Vineyards are a good fire line. In other words, we're in denial. Unless things change dramatically, we'll be okay. Then again, I never thought we'd have a firestorm race thru our neighborhood and that happened (2017). 

lol....stay safe

Seems like they should be able to contain the Pt Reyes fire reasonably soon, but we're getting enough smoke now to have to close up the doors/windows.  Hopefully no lightning strikes on Mt Tam next week.  ?

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/21/2020 at 6:57 AM, Seasons1992 said:

Yeah stay safe.....I have friends in Healdsburg off Chiquita Rd. in danger, and my Buffalo uncles live in Sebastapol. 

Saw this, this morning. As long as the lightning strikes don't create any more damage, they are SLOWLY managing this fire. 

447210678_-WalbridgeFire-TwitterSearch-Twitter8-24-20208-01-30AM.thumb.png.65039adc077a59b07d552b5b1160eb19.png

Edited by 707BillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1

On 8/21/2020 at 12:22 AM, Special K said:

The fact that its moving so fast will hopefully keep it from strengthening too quickly as it approaches South Florida, however once it gets into the Gulf, all bets are off due to the fact that the Gulf waters are as warm as bathwater, which is like jet-fuel for these storms.

This is what I was afraid of....absolute worst-case scenario.

I hope everyone in the path has gotten the heck out of the way....there's no surviving 20 foot storm surge....unprecedented.

10 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Seems like a lot of cars and good number of people just hanging out......shouldn't these people be heading for the hills by now?

TBH Galveston will have it easiest. The Wind will be on the backside so blowing out not on shore.

1 minute ago, TBBills said:

TBH Galveston will have it easiest. The Wind will be on the backside so blowing out not on shore.

I thought they were in for a direct hit but was just watching the news and seems like it's going to be Port Arthur/Lake Charles in the direct line of fire.

This is a live feed so if anyone in the affected areas needs updates when the power goes out you can watch them on your phone...  a short cut so to say. Take care and the best of luck to all of you.

30 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Storm hasn't even hit yet and already the coast is under water from some of the videos I am seeing.

Yeah, this is going to be a bad one... I feel horrible for those in the path, have lived through them enough times to know how they feel and will have to live for awhile afterwards. After the storm is a ***** road too. At the very least, this one is moving along at a fast clip so the damage can be swift and then done... no lingering.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.