YoloinOhio

Pats now need to replace top 4 LBs from 2019 plus starting RT (now up to 8 opt outs)

Did McCourty decide not to in the end?

He is huge for them. I think they have 3 elite players - him, Gilmore and Mason. Losing any of those is serious trouble. 

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Did McCourty decide not to in the end?

He is huge for them. I think they have 3 elite players - him, Gilmore and Mason. Losing any of those is serious trouble. 

I believe it was a false report 

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/6/2020 at 5:29 PM, Doc said:

Yeah, been saying that coaching his team to the first overall pick would be a bad look for him. Even a top five pick.

I disagree.  It all would depend on what was to happen after that.  If BB was to get his next FQB and win another SB the narratives would be overwhelmingly positive.  The bad season would be written off as calculated (evil) genius or a necessary reboot.  There are really only two paths for the narrative for BB’s legacy:

1) Great coach who helped make Tom Brady into one of the greatest QBs ever and who proved his greatness by winning without him.  Great coach.

or

2) Great coach (though not as revered as in the scenario above) who made a great team with one of the greatest QBs ever, but never saw the same success without him.  Great duo more so than great coach.