Am I the only one sick of the DAK

47 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I respect your opinion a ton. I’ve watched him since college, I just think he has been given every opportunity to succeed and he has been good not great. If he wants to get paid more than Wilson, you got to let him walk. Dalton, with that talent might put to rest how good Dak is. 

I agree.  There are guys that can win games and there are guys that can win playoff games, then there are guys that can win you super bowls.  Dak doesn’t have the mental character to win the last from anything Ive seen.  Paying more than Wilson, or putting him in that same category is plain wrong.

16 minutes ago, Behindenemylines said:

I agree.  There are guys that can win games and there are guys that can win playoff games, then there are guys that can win you super bowls.  Dak doesn’t have the mental character to win the last from anything Ive seen.  Paying more than Wilson, or putting him in that same category is plain wrong.

What specifically haven’t you liked about his playoff performances? He’s scored 7 TDs (includes 2 rushing) vs. 2 INTs. He has completed over 64% of his passes for 265 yards a game. His team averaged 26 points a game in his playoff starts. Just not sure why we think he struggles in the playoffs?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

What specifically haven’t you liked about his playoff performances? He’s scored 7 TDs (includes 2 rushing) vs. 2 INTs. He has completed over 64% of his passes for 265 yards a game. His team averaged 26 points a game in his playoff starts. Just not sure why we think he struggles in the playoffs?

What I stated was he will not win you a Super Bowl.  He will win you some playoff games, but nothing more.  Again my opinion, but I think from watching him he doesn’t have it in him to do that.   There will always be an excuse, and always a media show about how his team didn’t come through.  Look at the newly minted Pats QB Newton.  He, in his prime was better than Prescott, and may still even be now.  See how he crumbled when the SB required more than he had to offer.  And he was league MVP, had weapons, had the skill etc.-just didn’t have the mental toughness.  That’s why It’s so sickening to hear nonstop coverage as if he is the best QB in the history of QB.  Brady didn’t even get this much coverage and he is a proven winner.   Dak could be a great guy-never heard otherwise, but I just cant stand the hype.

2 minutes ago, Behindenemylines said:

What I stated was he will not win you a Super Bowl.  He will win you some playoff games, but nothing more.  Again my opinion, but I think from watching him he doesn’t have it in him to do that.   There will always be an excuse, and always a media show about how his team didn’t come through.  Look at the newly minted Pats QB Newton.  He, in his prime was better than Prescott, and may still even be now.  See how he crumbled when the SB required more than he had to offer.  And he was league MVP, had weapons, had the skill etc.-just didn’t have the mental toughness.  That’s why It’s so sickening to hear nonstop coverage as if he is the best QB in the history of QB.  Brady didn’t even get this much coverage and he is a proven winner.   Dak could be a great guy-never heard otherwise, but I just cant stand the hype.

I guess I’m asking WHY he will struggle in the Super Bowl? He’s played well in the playoffs. Whats the reasoning?  I mean, I’d understand if someone said “Andy Dalton will never win a Super Bowl” when he was in his prime. He has been horrendous in the playoffs. It’s easy to say, “he doesn’t have it.” Dak has been a very good playoff player. I am trying to understand but it isn’t making sense?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Behindenemylines said:

Agreed that NFL MVP Cam was better than Dak has been to this point, but that's true of almost every QB in the NFL. Also not really a big deal, but just for the record, Cam's weapons in the passing game the year they went to the Super Bowl were Greg Olsen, Ted Ginn, and Jerricho Cotchery. And even outside of the passing game, his RBs were Jonathan Stewart (who failed to hit 1000 yards) and Mike Tolbert. It was one of the worst skill position collections in the league.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I guess I’m asking WHY he will struggle in the Super Bowl? He’s played well in the playoffs. Whats the reasoning?  I mean, I’d understand if someone said “Andy Dalton will never win a Super Bowl” when he was in his prime. He has been horrendous in the playoffs. It’s easy to say, “he doesn’t have it.” Dak has been a very good playoff player. I am trying to understand but it isn’t making sense?

Mental toughness.  He’s a guy, like Newton who believes his own hype. Guys like that rarely win.  My observation only.

1 hour ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I respect your opinion a ton. I’ve watched him since college, I just think he has been given every opportunity to succeed and he has been good not great. If he wants to get paid more than Wilson, you got to let him walk. Dalton, with that talent might put to rest how good Dak is. 

Except that isn't the way NFL contracts work. 

17 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

You are trying to reason with people who have already made up their minds absent of evidence on this subject. It is pointless. 

I am sick of the whole thing. The contract saga is boring in the extreme. However, Dak is absolutely a top 10 QB. People who think he is the reason the Cowboys went 8-8 should watch more football. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Behindenemylines said:

Mental toughness.  He’s a guy, like Newton who believes his own hype. Guys like that rarely win.  My observation only.

Again though he’s won 62.5% of his starts. In the Super Bowl era only Dan Marino and Dak Prescott have 40 wins and 15,000 yards passing in their first 4 seasons. I’m not trying to be antagonistic but saying that he “rarely wins” couldn’t be further from the truth. He’s actually winning at a, borderline historic, level.

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Except that isn't the way NFL contracts work. 

You are trying to reason with people who have already made up their minds absent of evidence on this subject. It is pointless. 

I am sick of the whole thing. The contract saga is boring in the extreme. However, Dak is absolutely a top 10 QB. People who think he is the reason the Cowboys went 8-8 should watch more football. 

I’m really just trying to get to the bottom of it. I by no means am a Dak or Cowboys fan. I just think that this place is better when we deal in reality. Dak is a very good NFL QB. He’s right around 10 IMO. He’s 26 and just had his best season. The way people talk about him on here you’d think that he were Stidham. All that I’m trying to do is provide some context to these opinions. I see things like “he doesn’t win” and he wins A LOT. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Again though he’s won 62.5% of his starts. In the Super Bowl era only Dan Marino and Dak Prescott have 40 wins and 15,000 yards passing in their first 4 seasons. I’m not trying to be antagonistic but saying that he “rarely wins” couldn’t be further from the truth. He’s actually winning at a, borderline historic, level.

I’m really just trying to get to the bottom of it. I by no means am a Dak or Cowboys fan. I just think that this place is better when we deal in reality. Dak is a very good NFL QB. He’s right around 10 IMO. He’s 26 and just had his best season. The way people talk about him on here you’d think that he were Stidham. All that I’m trying to do is provide some context to these opinions. I see things like “he doesn’t win” and he wins A LOT. 

There are 3 arguments.

A. Dak should’ve won a Super Bowl by now.

B. Dak didn’t make the playoffs last year.

C. Dak lost on Thanksgiving.

Seriously, don’t waste your time. It’s one game mixed with Bills rival bias. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Yep. He has won everywhere. Was 23-10 at Mississipi State too. 

The crazy thing is before last season the same people were arguing "okay he wins but he is a game manager he isn't a guy who can put up big numbers passing." So he puts up big numbers passing but the team underperforms and goes 8-8 and the argument becomes "he can't win the big game!" He beat the best team in the NFC the previous year in the Saints who were a blown call from the Superbowl. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, FireChans said:

There are 3 arguments.

A. Dak should’ve won a Super Bowl by now.

B. Dak didn’t make the playoffs last year.

C. Dak lost on Thanksgiving.

Seriously, don’t waste your time. It’s one game mixed with Bills rival bias. 

10 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yep. He has won everywhere. Was 23-10 at Mississipi State too. 

The crazy thing is before last season the same people were arguing "okay he wins but he is a game manager he isn't a guy who can put up big numbers passing." So he puts up big numbers passing but the team underperforms and goes 8-8 and the argument becomes "he can't win the big game!" He beat the best team in the NFC the previous year in the Saints who were a blown call from the Superbowl. 

I’d stack Dak up next to Carson Wentz right now and we never hear anyone saying how bad Wentz is. Honest question, how many QBs since the EJ draft are better than Dak today? I’m not talking about potential, yada, yada, yada. Mahomes, Deshaun and Lamar? Is that the list?

Edited by Kirby Jackson

5 hours ago, Behindenemylines said:

It’s been a long week and maybe I’m just cranky, but am I the only one completely sickened by the coverage of Dak Prescott?  My lord, the whole thing is being crammed down our throats as if he was the only QB playing this season.  Is it my total hatred of the Cowgirls, my complete dislike of Dak and Zeeke and Jones?  

Tell me I’m not the only one who hates this totally overhyped player and all the BS surrounding him!

It is not so much Dak but in general the media's lover affair with certain teams, players, topics etc... on things that really don't matter. Back in the 90s when contracts were smaller yea I was the slightest of interested to see where things went, but these days its all one big show. I get it with no sports any sports topic that they can find is something but its to the point of just being mind numbing. If Dak was guaranteed to be a FA after this season yea this would be a big deal, but Dallas can franchise him at least one more time.

13 minutes ago, corta765 said:

It is not so much Dak but in general the media's lover affair with certain teams, players, topics etc... on things that really don't matter. Back in the 90s when contracts were smaller yea I was the slightest of interested to see where things went, but these days its all one big show. I get it with no sports any sports topic that they can find is something but its to the point of just being mind numbing. If Dak was guaranteed to be a FA after this season yea this would be a big deal, but Dallas can franchise him at least one more time.

Yea being fed up of the contract saga is completely understandable. 

15 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’d stack Dak up next to Carson Wentz right now and we never hear anyone saying how bad Wentz is. Honest question, how many QBs since the EJ draft are better than Dak today? I’m not talking about potential, yada, yada, yada. Mahomes, Deshaun and Lamar? Is that the list?

I have him above Wentz. You might have a legitimate Wentz's highs are higher argument, but his lows are unquestionably lower. Yea it is probably those 3. 

38 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Yeah, I think those 3 and Wentz are the only ones that are arguable. Kyler and Burrow could join that list in the future but for now at least, he's at worst the 5th best QB since the Andrew Luck draft and I might even argue that he's possibly #3.

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, corta765 said:

He's a QB. What do you expect? When Jairus Byrd was tagged and held out it made national news and that was for a safety. It's all about the drama of the situation.  Will he sign the tag? Will he sign long term before the deadline? Will he hold out? Will he report to accrue a season? It's all part of the entertainment of the sport. And it allows people like us to give opinions on the value of players and the decisions teams make, even though we have little clue what we are talking about. Relax and enjoy

He's a decent QB trying to maximize his value just as Kirk Cousins did. You can't blame him honestly because you see how much $$$ Kirk has made doing it. He also has the upper hand in the situation being he doesn't have to take a deal. He can make almost $70,000,000 the next two years under the tag and then sign a big deal with Dallas or elsewhere. 

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Excellent way to put it in perspective.

I actually like Wentz more but they aren’t far from each other. Dak has that consistency, Wentz has more of the wow plays imo.

And full disclosure, I was pushing for the Bills to trade up that draft. I loved Wentz.

6 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Glad that you posted this because I was just coming here to post this article about the negotiations. It’s a really interesting read and one that we need to be mindful of if Josh continues to progress like Dak has.

https://sports.yahoo.com/cowboys-blew-it-with-dak-prescott-in-2019-thats-why-theres-no-longterm-deal-now-and-why-he-may-exit-later-051415760.html

Going back to this article, it highlights the biggest change in the NFL:

Paying players early is always the right thing to do. Every year, hell every couple of months, the market gets reset. 

Paying Tre White tomorrow rather than waiting for a Marlon Humphrey deal to get is the smart move.