Ethics anyone? Does it exist any more in politics?

4 minutes ago, sabrecrazed said:

Yeah, Ivanka holding a can of beans for the camera is the absolute height of abuse of power. What an absolute idiot you are to start this *****.

2 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

you ain’t seen nothing yet.     this man wants to be the next cnn anchor so bad.    

To be fair, BF4E really can't help himself. His asperger's got him banned before.

1 minute ago, LB3 said:

To be fair, BF4E really can't help himself. His asperger's got him banned before.

I have to believe that this level of idiocy has to be creating more Trump voters. So at least he's a useful idiot...just not in the way that he would like.

• Like (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

OOOHHH   where can I buy it? 

If it's a publicly sold product then Obama was wrong.

3 wrongs don't make it right.  

...with the drinking age being 21, you won't be legal for 9 more years, right??…………..

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, sabrecrazed said:

I have to believe that this level of idiocy has to be creating more Trump voters. So at least he's a useful idiot...just not in the way that he would like.

We can only hope.

40 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

It already exists. It is called The Shoutbox....

One of the main shouters got into a disagreement with me on the TSW a month or so ago. He couldn't defend his argument, so obviously his only move was to call me a klan member and then run away to the sandbox to whine about it. ?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, sabrecrazed said:

After 2016, moderates told dems just don't be crazy if they want to beat Trump in 2020. Thankfully they took that advice to heart and went batschitt drooling insane.

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Oh stop. Are you saying the president needs to take the label off every product he ever uses? No where close to flat out endorsing a product like this. 

and yes, I believe this is illegal. 

Either take the label off or cover it up.  Otherwise it's free advertising from the most powerful man in the world.

If we're being consistent, that is.  You can't have it both ways.

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Google what. I have no clue what you are talking about

The President (not Ivanka) is exempt from the ethics rules relevant to the conversation.  That's why Bill Clinton, George W. Bush, and Barack Obama could all state their brand preferences openly while president. 

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Doc said:

Either take the label off or cover it up.  Otherwise it's free advertising from the most powerful man in the world.

If we're being consistent, that is.  You can't have it both ways.

I see a big difference between using a product and endorsing it, but see your point as well. 

19 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

The President (not Ivanka) is exempt from the ethics rules relevant to the conversation.  That's why Bill Clinton, George W. Bush, and Barack Obama could all state their brand preferences openly while president. 

Are you saying the president can be a paid spokesman for a brand?

Edited by plenzmd1

11 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

I see a big difference between using a product and endorsing it, but see yourself point as well. 

Are you saying the president can be a paid spokesman for a brand?

Is Trump a paid spokesman for Goya?  Otherwise that wouldn't be including in things that are relevant to the conversation.

And I don't know the answer off the top of my head.

Edit: the answer is yes, the president can be.  You may think it tacky or unethical but it is not illegal.  The President and Vice President are exempt from conflict of interest laws in general.  Congress ensured this.

The relevant code is 5 CFR Part 2635.  The president and vice president are exempt from every section except B and C of this code.

Edited by LeviF91

10 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

Is Trump a paid spokesman for Goya?  Otherwise that wouldn't be including in things that are relevant to the conversation.

And I don't know the answer off the top of my head.

Edit: the answer is yes, the president can be.  You may think it tacky or unethical but it is not illegal.  The President and Vice President are exempt from conflict of interest laws in general.  Congress ensured this.

The relevant code is 5 CFR Part 2635.  The president and vice president are exempt from every section except B and C of this code.

Well, yes he is a paid spokesman. Goya donates to his PAC, Trump splays beans in the Resolute Desk. What was that term used a few months back?

i will look up this poop a little deeper later , sure as hell makes no sense , and no way I trusting a right wing but job the likes of you!

• Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Well, yes he is a paid spokesman. Goya donates to his PAC, Trump splays beans in the Resolute Desk. What was that term used a few months back?

i will look up this poop a little deeper later , sure as hell makes no sense , and no way I trusting a right wing but job the likes of you!

That's not how any of this works and you know it.  Otherwise public sector unions would be completely barred from political contributions and my union dues would be way cheaper.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, billsfan1959 said:

Why do you spend all your waking moments obsessing about the Trumps and engaging in childlike tirades?

You would think your fingers would be too sore to type, given your 24/7 hand wringing....

Did you ever watch Fox News during the last admin?

seriously, stfu

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1