ESPN+: Top 10 WRs according to league personnel

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

I have Hopkins 3rd. To be honest I can take an argument for any of those 3 or even Julio I suppose being #1. But I love Evans I think he is the most physically gifted receiver in the NFL. 

IMO Hopkins is far and away the best wideout in the game and has been for the last 3 years

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

I could not disagree more. Michael Thomas is the only man I'd take ahead of him. 

One has had the most pin point accurate passer in the NFL and the other has had famous Jameis. 

Evans has a lower catch rate than Winston's completion percentage.  Thomas has a higher catch rate than Brees's.  I can't put a WR with that low of a catch rate in the top echelon.

On 7/10/2020 at 1:20 PM, Kirby Jackson said:

Honestly, I thought he was the best player in football right before he lost his mind. 

Someone should find a copy of the old commercial for United ***** College Fund and replace it with AB's picture.

"A Mind Is A Terrible Thing To Waste".

16 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Golladay is such a freak.  

Made the mistake of sitting him on Thanksgiving vs the Bears bc of the QB situation (Blough) and well, Bears D.  First pass 75 yard TD.  Of course.

Was preparing to be bitter for 3 days (you just dread Thursday duds or lineup mistakes bc they sit there eating at you).

Bills winning helped erase that.  ;)  

Hey has gifts for sure, but he's yet to establish himself as a consistent threat. I watched him play a ton as I made big bets on him for fantasy last year and he killed me. He had a handful of monster games and would completely disappear for weeks at a time and he wasn't the kind of player that got better when you were behind like Nuke is. 

He can definitely turn the corner this season, though.

Edited by BullBuchanan

2 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

IMO Hopkins is far and away the best wideout in the game and has been for the last 3 years

That is a perfectly justifiable opinion. He is absolutely an elite receiver. It is a pay your money and take your choice between those top guys.

7 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

John, this all over the place.  

1) who doesn’t rip OBJ for being a malcontent?  He literally is crushed for that.

2) I’m not the biggest Allen fan but his production is top 5 level.  

3) Mike Evans is an absolute monster and is easily a top 5 wr.  He made Johnny the Cokehead Hobbit a first round pick.

4) and then you say Cooper should be ranked higher?  Wow.  

I agree.  The only concern I have is smaller guy can be taken away easier.  That’s why IMO, it’s hard to really have a smaller number 1 receiver.  I love the guys who are covered that you can still throw to.  

Perhaps I missed it.....but in this article Odell crushed for being a malcontent......or is he just listed in the top 10 of receivers.....meanwhile having a special annotation that Diggs is a malcontent.

If that is not what the artlcle says....maybe I am misreading it

14 hours ago, BornAgainBillsFan said:

Better not. That stuff'll kill ya quicker than covid.

Man I’ve been drinking Red Bull every day since 2001 , and for the past 5 years since starting a new job in the oilfield at least 2 

16oz cans every day , I know it’s so bad for you and 

I tried switching to coffee but Texas is so freakin hot especially in the summer can’t even eat hot food at work . 

7 hours ago, Billl said:

I agree that he’s overrated, but he’s absolutely consistent.  He’s been in the league 6 years and has 1000+ yards in all of them.  My issue with him is that his career catch rate is 55%.  Compare that to Michael Thomas who is 78%, and that’s a staggering difference.

I think that’s probably mostly about their route profile. Evans is used far more as a downfield target. And while his true catch rate is still dwarfed by Thomas, his true catch rate this past season was higher than Julio for example, though both were outside the top 40. 

I still wouldn’t put him on the same tier as the top 2, but just pointing out there’s a lot of context in the catch rates. 

Edited by DCOrange