ESPN+: Top 10 WRs according to league personnel

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

Yeah and I might replace Keenan Allen w Diggs tbh

I am not a big Keenan Allen guy. I never have been. He is good but almost all my top 10 I have things in their game I think are special, separation or rout running or hands or the way they use their body or their big play ability or their ability in the clutch. That is what I struggle with when it comes to Allen. What is that one hang your hat on it thing he does at an elite level?

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, GunnerBill said:

I am not a big Keenan Allen guy. I never have been. He is good but almost all my top 10 I have things in their game I think are special, separation or rout running or hands or the way they use their body or their big play ability or their ability in the clutch. That is what I struggle with when it comes to Allen. What is that one hang your hat on it thing he does at an elite level?

Keenan Allen is just Hopkins-lite to me. Incredibly reliable, soft hands, not a real physically dominant presence but usually open and very respectable YAC option. He's a very reliable WR1 but if top 10 is elite guys then he might miss the cut.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, GoBills808 said:

Keenan Allen is just Hopkins-lite to me. Incredibly reliable, soft hands, not a real physically dominant presence but usually open and very respectable YAC option. He's a very reliable WR1 but if top 10 is elite guys then he might miss the cut.

Yea I think he is a #1 receiver. But I think he lacks a true elite trait. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, GunnerBill said:

It would be catch radius if anything. He's long enough to leverage DBs and has good/great balance and enough strength to present a reliable target.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Hopkins

Thomas

Hill

Beckham Jr

Evans 

Jones 

Adams

Golladay

Moore

Allen

Love the DJ Moore inclusion. He should be in consideration.

4 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Is it weird to think that his elite trait is consistency?  Allen just feels so reliable. That’s my Cooper issue.

• Like (+1) 1

Hopkins

Thomas

Jones

Hill

Beckham

Adams

Evans
Hilton
Thielen

Allen
-----

Green
Godwin
Smith-Schuster
Diggs
Kupp

Golliday

So much is speculative, but that's how I think it shakes out now assuming Green stays healthy, Schuster averages out between 18/19. I think Godwin, Schuster, and Kupp will definitely outproduce Allen, but not sure they're better just yet. Diggs definitely could too, depending on how conservative we are.

5 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Is it weird to think that his elite trait is consistency?  Allen just feels so reliable. That’s my Cooper issue.

Yes it is weird. Not to think Allen is super consistent. He is. Just not sure I consider that q trait as such. 

And I like DJ Moore but Courtland Sutton > DJ Moore. 

Cooper is somewhere between 15 and 20. He isn't that great. 

1 minute ago, first_and_ten said:

I honestly think Beckham is overrated. Plus he's a pain in the Butt.

He's a HOF talent that's a headcase. 

Fastest to reach 100 career receptions (14 games) [160][161]
Fastest to reach 150 career receptions (21 games) [162]
Fastest to reach 200 career receptions (30 games)[163]
Fastest to reach 250 career receptions (38 games) (tied with Michael Thomas) [164]
Fastest to reach 3,000 career receiving yards (30 games)[163]
Fastest to reach 3,500 career receiving yards (36 games) [165][166]
Fastest to reach 4,000 career receiving yards (42 games, tied with Lance Alworth) [167]
Fastest to reach 5,000 career receiving yards (54 games) [168]
Most games with at least 125 receiving yards in first three seasons (13) [169]
Most receiving yards in first two NFL seasons: 2,744 [170]
Most receptions in first 15 games of career: 110 [160]
Most consecutive games with at least 90 receiving yards: 9 (2014, tied with Michael Irvin) [171]
Most consecutive games with at least 130 receiving yards and one touchdown: 4 (tied with Patrick Jeffers and Calvin Johnson) [172]
Most games with at least ten receptions, rookie, season: 4 [173]
Most games with at least ten receptions, 100 receiving yards, rookie, season: 4 [174]
Most games with at least 125 receiving yards, rookie, season: 6 [175]
Most receptions at home, rookie, season: 52 [176]
Most receiving yards in any calendar month, rookie: 606 yards (December 2014) [177]
Highest average receiving yards per game, rookie, season: 108.8 [178]
Only player in NFL history to have at least 1,300 receiving yards while playing in 12 or fewer games in season [179]

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BullBuchanan said:

He's a HOF talent that's a headcase. 

Fastest to reach 100 career receptions (14 games) [160][161]
Fastest to reach 150 career receptions (21 games) [162]
Fastest to reach 200 career receptions (30 games)[163]
Fastest to reach 250 career receptions (38 games) (tied with Michael Thomas) [164]
Fastest to reach 3,000 career receiving yards (30 games)[163]
Fastest to reach 3,500 career receiving yards (36 games) [165][166]
Fastest to reach 4,000 career receiving yards (42 games, tied with Lance Alworth) [167]
Fastest to reach 5,000 career receiving yards (54 games) [168]
Most games with at least 125 receiving yards in first three seasons (13) [169]
Most receiving yards in first two NFL seasons: 2,744 [170]
Most receptions in first 15 games of career: 110 [160]
Most consecutive games with at least 90 receiving yards: 9 (2014, tied with Michael Irvin) [171]
Most consecutive games with at least 130 receiving yards and one touchdown: 4 (tied with Patrick Jeffers and Calvin Johnson) [172]
Most games with at least ten receptions, rookie, season: 4 [173]
Most games with at least ten receptions, 100 receiving yards, rookie, season: 4 [174]
Most games with at least 125 receiving yards, rookie, season: 6 [175]
Most receptions at home, rookie, season: 52 [176]
Most receiving yards in any calendar month, rookie: 606 yards (December 2014) [177]
Highest average receiving yards per game, rookie, season: 108.8 [178]
Only player in NFL history to have at least 1,300 receiving yards while playing in 12 or fewer games in season [179]

I won't argue with you, you're right. Why does it feel like I wouldn't want him on my team? He sure didn't help the Giants win. 

I was glad to see Chris Godwin getting some love, though I think I'd personally have him ranked even higher than 9th personally.

8 minutes ago, first_and_ten said:

I won't argue with you, you're right. Why does it feel like I wouldn't want him on my team? He sure didn't help the Giants win. 

I think this points to multiple possibilities:

1. Maybe he helped a whole lot but that team just wasn't good enough.
  2. Maybe WRs just aren't THAT big of difference makers (though they certainly are in the right hands).
  3. Maybe he somehow isn't as impactful as other elite WRs.

I would tend to lean towards it being mostly #1. Beckham certainly has his issues between his health and his personality, but I think he's undeniably an elite talent when he's playing at 100%. One of the 50 league guys described him as being maybe the best all-around WR in the league in terms of being able to literally do it all. I think that's probably true though it was certainly more clear early on in his career than it was this past season.

Edited by DCOrange
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, first_and_ten said:

If I had a team that was ready to win the SB or had outstanding leadership I'd grab him, but the Giants/Browns are neither of those.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

I was glad to see Chris Godwin getting some love, though I think I'd personally have him ranked even higher than 9th personally.

I think this points to multiple possibilities:

1. Maybe he helped a whole lot but that team just wasn't good enough.
  2. Maybe WRs just aren't THAT big of difference makers (though they certainly are in the right hands).
  3. Maybe he somehow isn't as impactful as other elite WRs.

I would tend to lean towards it being mostly #1. Beckham certainly has his issues between his health and his personality, but I think he's undeniably an elite talent when he's playing at 100%. One of the 50 league guys described him as being maybe the best all-around WR in the league in terms of being able to literally do it all. I think that's probably true though it was certainly more clear early on in his career than it was this past season.

Is it possible that he has reached his peak ? I don't like to say this, but based on what I've seen, he has some sort of a mental disorder

17 minutes ago, first_and_ten said:

Is it possible that he has reached his peak ? I don't like to say this, but based on what I've seen, he has some sort of a mental disorder

I think it’s called concentration and focus. .. AC suffers from the lack of those as well. 

Edited by Don Otreply

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

He’s an elite Bills killer.