Covid 19 vs Trump

9 hours ago, SoTier said:

July 26, 2020 - 146,453 Americans have died from Covid-19.

July 26, 2020 - US deaths again top 1,000 a day.

July 26, 2020 - California and Florida have both passed NY in the number of cases, all with more than 400,000 cases.  Texas is fast approaching 400,000 cases.

You do understand that at some point the majority of our country will likely get Covid and our goal needs to be to minimize deaths and major hospitalizations, right? Even if the vaccine is fast tracked and is available in two years time most people will have caught it by then unless you keep things locked down till a vaccine which is a good way to ensure domestic abuse and suicides increases far outpace the Covid deaths.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

You do understand that at some point the majority of our country will likely get Covid and our goal needs to be to minimize deaths and major hospitalizations, right? Even if the vaccine is fast tracked and is available in two years time most people will have caught it by then unless you keep things locked down till a vaccine which is a good way to ensure domestic abuse and suicides increases far outpace the Covid deaths.

If you are gonna post such nonsense at least consult @bman and find some right wing nut job with a twitter account that you can reference?

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, TH3 said:

If you are gonna post such nonsense at least consult @bman and find some right wing nut job with a twitter account that you can reference?

Perhaps do any research on the relationship between unemployment and domestic abuse and suicides. Even if it is not "common knowledge" it is not political to acknowledge that fact. It amazes me you think understanding correlations is right wing.

July 27, 2020  - 146,935 Americans have died from the coronavirus.  Covid Donnie spent the weekend golfing with Brett Favre at his resort in New Jersey and posed for a photo op, both without masks.

July 27, 2020 - In Florida, the percentage of children hospitalized for coronavirus has spiked.   The youngest child in Florida to die from Covid 19 was a nine-year-old girl who apparently had no underlying health conditions.

July 27, 2020 - National Security Adviser Robert O'Brien positive for coronavirus

“People close to Trump say the president’s inability to wholly address the crisis is due to his almost pathological unwillingness to admit error; a positive feedback loop of overly rosy assessments and data from advisers and Fox News; and a penchant for magical thinking that prevented him from fully engaging with the pandemic.”

One question still dogs Trump: Why not try harder to solve the coronavirus crisis?

Just now, BillStime said:

“People close to Trump say the president’s inability to wholly address the crisis is due to his almost pathological unwillingness to admit error; a positive feedback loop of overly rosy assessments and data from advisers and Fox News; and a penchant for magical thinking that prevented him from fully engaging with the pandemic.”

One question still dogs Trump: Why not try harder to solve the coronavirus crisis?

I have to ask, If you were POTUS what would you do?

3 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

Let's see - I wouldn't have destroyed our pandemic infrastructure like Trump did the past three years.

I would have jumped on this threat so quickly once my intelligence suggested (in November 2019) there was even a remote problem brewing; something Trump did not do.

I would have let the scientists and medical professionals drive/implement the solution.

This half a$$ed approach is clearly not working - just look at the infection rates and the economy.

We are the only western civilized country NOT fully open for business because this pandemic is out of control in the US.

What would you do?

13 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Perhaps do any research on the relationship between unemployment and domestic abuse and suicides. Even if it is not "common knowledge" it is not political to acknowledge that fact. It amazes me you think understanding correlations is right wing.

domestic abuse and suicides increases far outpace the Covid deaths

Dude - this is just wrong......but it might sound righter if you could find someone who tweeted it

31 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

Tweet LIBERATE!! of course

50 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

Or do this. Took me 20 seconds with my new high speed internet! https://nypost.com/2020/07/26/domestic-violence-soared-during-coronavirus-in-nyc-report-shows/

Get back to me when they outpace COVID cases

Or....how 'bout this....If we had a cogent CV strategy we would be past this mess by now and the domestic violence rates would be back to normal....so maybe you should point a finger at Trump for effing up our reposnse...

11 minutes ago, TH3 said:

domestic abuse and suicides increases far outpace the Covid deaths

Dude - this is just wrong......but it might sound righter if you could find someone who tweeted it

I can clearly see that reading comprehension is not your strong point so let me write the whole thing again- if we shut down the country completely again to save people from Covid then we will spike domestic abuse and suicides to a higher level than the Covid deaths during the shut down. The fact you actually believe that a Twitter post will make it more true tells me a lot about you.

4 hours ago, BillStime said:

Let's see - I wouldn't have destroyed our pandemic infrastructure like Trump did the past three years.

Actually that was Barak. He has biult it back up.  

I would have jumped on this threat so quickly once my intelligence suggested (in November 2019) there was even a remote problem brewing; something Trump did not do.

Actually Trump was criticized here for jumping on it so soon.

I would have let the scientists and medical professionals drive/implement the solution.

There is a time you have to be President and run the economy of the country.

This half a$$ed approach is clearly not working - just look at the infection rates and the economy.

Economy has nearly recovered. Thanks to Trump opening the economy my 401K is right back to where it was in February. 

We are the only western civilized country NOT fully open for business because this pandemic is out of control in the US.

Canada is open? 

What would you do?

Not vote for you a second term

Edit: see my replies above.

Edited by fansince88

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

I didn't hear what your plan is?

And you're wrong - Trump DESTROYED our pandemic infrastructure.

Because you refuse to listen. My plan is stay the course and reopen. I dont need to give you a plan because I havr not criticized it. 

Edited by fansince88

5 hours ago, BillStime said:

What would you do?

CDC has 10,600 employees, $11.1 Billion budget

FEMA  11,300 employees  $28.7 billion budget

Dept Of HHS  79,500 employees $1.2 Trillion

What exactly did he cut?

WHO announced Jan 17 that Kung Flu (aka Covid 19 is transmitted Human to Human. https://www.statnews.com/2020/01/21/who-raises-possibility-of-sustained-human-to-human-transmission-of-new-virus-in-china/

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/coronavirus-outbreak-task-force-created-by-trump-to-lead-us-government-response-to-wuhan-virus/

So shut up

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Gary M said:

CDC has 10,600 employees, $11.1 Billion budget

FEMA  11,300 employees  $28.7 billion budget

Dept Of HHS  79,500 employees $1.2 Trillion

What exactly did he cut?

WHO announced Jan 17 that Kung Flu (aka Covid 19 is transmitted Human to Human. https://www.statnews.com/2020/01/21/who-raises-possibility-of-sustained-human-to-human-transmission-of-new-virus-in-china/

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/coronavirus-outbreak-task-force-created-by-trump-to-lead-us-government-response-to-wuhan-virus/

So shut up

* In 2018 Trump fired Homeland Security Advisor Tom Bossart, whose job was to coordinate a response to global pandemics. He was not replaced.

* In 2018 Dr. Luciana Borio, the NSC director for medical and bio-defense preparedness left the job. Trump did not replace Dr. Borio.

* In 2019 the NSC’s Senior Director for Global Health Security and bio-defense, Tim Ziemer, left the position and Trump did not replace the Rear Admiral.

* Trump shut down the entire Global Health Security and Bio-defense agency. 

* Amid the explosive worldwide outbreak of the virus Trump proposed a 19% cut to the budget of the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention plus a 10% cut to Public Health Services and a 7% cut to Global Health Services. Those happen to be the organizations that respond to public health threats.

* In 2018, at Trump’s direction, the CDC stopped funding epidemic prevention activities in 39 out of 49 countries including China.

* Trump has on multiple occasions sowed doubt about the severity of the virus even using the word hoax at events and rallies. He even did it at an event where the virus was being spread. Trump has put out zero useful information concerning the health risks of the virus.

* Trump pretended the virus had been contained meanwhile 150,000 Americans are dead.

BLOOD ALL OVER YOUR HANDS

• Awesome! (+1) 1

July 20, 2020 - Covid Donnie tweeted a pic of himself wearing a mask and claiming that some people think it's patriotic to wear a mask.

July 21, 2020 - US deaths from Covid-19 are 140,908 this morning.

July 21, 2020 - NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell cancelled all preseason games.

July 27, 2020 - 13 Marlins players and staff tested positive for coronavirus, forcing the postponement of 3 MLB games less than 1 week after baseball started its abbreviated season.

July 28, 2020  - 148,056 Americans have died of coronavirus. 

July 28, 2020 - Covid Donnie says he wants governors to open states "and we'll see what happens".

July 28, 2020 - One week after he urged Americans to wear masks, Covid Donnie tweeted that masks aren't necessary.

I've seen this for a few days now.  And frankly I believe it  WRT Don the pathological liar. 

Trump was 'bored' with the pandemic — until he was told it was hurting 'our people': fellow Republicans

"The president got bored with it," David Carney, an adviser to Texas Gov. Greg Abbott, a Republican, told The New York Times earlier this month.

It's just a lil Flu

It will be over by Easter

It will be over by July.  The heat (of summer) will kill it. 

Wear a mask Be Patriotic!!!    Epic fail BTW.  Unless Swastika bandannas count.  

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce
  • Like (+1) 1