“Cancel” / Knee-Jerk Culture of 2020 and beyond

2 hours ago, BillStime said:

So, let me get this straight - here is your quote:

I'm talking about leftist attacks that are personalized and targeted to specific individuals.  Attacks that seek to ruin people's lives. 

And I respond with an image of Colin Kaepernick - who was attacked by the right - and you don't LIKE IT?

Too damn bad.

@BillStime 1

Rest of the world 1,252

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, BillStime said:

So, let me get this straight - here is your quote:

I'm talking about leftist attacks that are personalized and targeted to specific individuals.  Attacks that seek to ruin people's lives. 

And I respond with an image of Colin Kaepernick - who was attacked by the right - and you don't LIKE IT?

Too damn bad.

Not so fast! Mr. Kaepernick CHOSE to protest a cause while on the job. Those are actions that he freely took and he knew it when he did it. As a general rule you should not protest causes while at work.  As an employer I can tell you that NONE of my customers wants to deal with your personal causes while dealing with you at work.  In the case of Mr. Kaepernick, he had six other days of the week to take up his causes.  During his free time, he can protest whatever he wants for as long as he wants. 

You are literally full of crap! 

8 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Not so fast! Mr. Kaepernick CHOSE to protest a cause while on the job. Those are actions that he freely took and he knew it when he did it. As a general rule you should not protest causes while at work.  As an employer I can tell you that NONE of my customers wants to deal with your personal causes while dealing with you at work.  In the case of Mr. Kaepernick, he had six other days of the week to take up his causes.  During his free time, he can protest whatever he wants for as long as he wants. 

You are literally full of crap! 

Nope 

9 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Wrong thread. 

But you knew that. 

At least I hope you knew it. 

Your party wants to cancel our republic - they tried and failed on 1/6 and if given the chance to decertify votes - they will.

Hope you’re proud 

21 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Your party wants to cancel our republic - they tried and failed on 1/6 and if given the chance to decertify votes - they will.

Hope you’re proud 

Cancel the Republic!  😂😂😂

I’m proud they’ve turned you in to a sniveling child. 

Oh wait. I take my pride back. You were a sniveling child long before 1/6. They just kicked you up a few notches. 

3 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Cancel the Republic!  😂😂😂

I’m proud they’ve turned you in to a sniveling child. 

Oh wait. I take my pride back. You were a sniveling child long before 1/6. They just kicked you up a few notches. 

LMAO - the GQP already tried it once - why not a second time?

Bryan Cranston condemns ‘cancel culture’

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/bryan-cranston-cancel-culture-comments-b1781164.html

Jameela Jamil says cancel culture is a ‘pointless waste of time’

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/jameela-jamil-cancel-culture-jk-rowling-social-media-twitter-a9618361.html

Bob Baffert says Medina Spirit a victim of cancel culture ...

https://www.newsobserver.com/news/nation-world/national/article251289724.html

10 hours ago — Kentucky Derby winning horse victim of 'cancel culture' after drug test ... 

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

Now a horse is cancelled?  Do those who keep pounding away at this cancel culture garbage get how stupid that sounds?  Is this really what you think will get votes?  Come on. 

Failed my drug test and didn't get the job - ugh friggin cancel culture 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

Now a horse is cancelled?  Do those who keep pounding away at this cancel culture garbage get how stupid that sounds?  Is this really what you think will get votes?  Come on. 

You and I agree on so many things but we definitely disagree here. This latest trend of publicly shunning people for their views (cancel culture) is not a good one. I think you know that...yes?

3 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

You and I agree on so many things but we definitely disagree here. This latest trend of publicly shunning people for their views (cancel culture) is not a good one. I think you know that...yes?

Neigh

3 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

It is crap that both sides at the extremes of the political spectrum have pulled for years.  Thus fake outrage now from those on the right would be funny if it weren’t so stupid.