Promises Made - Promises Killed

So, Trump voters/prospective Trump voters - tell me which of these things you signed up for:

• Activist judges (bu-bu-but we have to vote Republican 4 da courtz!")
  • "Opportunity zones"
  • Half a wall
  • Violent felons released from prison (while shouting that "Biden sent them there!!!")
  • Burned churches
  • Less policing
  • Cities wrecked
  • Kardashian admin
  • ???

The dude has been handed two absolutely crushing, golden opportunities in the last four months and did ***** nothing with them.  Absolute flops.  Not only did he have four years to fulfill his promises on the borders but g-d set a pandemic from China at the last minute on a ***** tee and he completely whiffed.  Then g-d tosses up a hanging curveball of riots and we could have had law and order and victory parades and he ***** bunts it right back to the pitcher and ***** his pants on the way to first.

Everyone I talk to who was excited about Trump 2-3 years ago is demoralized now.  Not a great line to take - to dump all the excitement your prospective voters have to go to the polls.  I don't care if you think they're a "silent majority."  Pandering to 12% of the population trying to get maybe a few thousand of them to find their "natural conservative" burning inside of them isn't a winning strategy.

Trump said he'd drain the swamp but the swamp drained him.  ****heads like Kushner, Dan Crenshaw, Greg Abbott, and their ilk should have been run out of the RNC/GOP/offices on rails years ago.  Instead we get HW Bush but with more rallies. 

You can't change my mind.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

And coal! The coal jobs have never come back! 

And yes on Kushner. I mean like WTF is that azz clown doing anywhere near this government, yet he is in "charge" of middle east peace, criminal justice reform., opioid epidemic, diplomacy with China, the VA, and....

Trump recently put Kushner in charge of the “White House Office of American Innovation.” The new office “is designed to infuse fresh thinking into Washington, float above the daily political grind and create a lasting legacy for a president.” It’s task, according to Kushner is to make the entire U.S. government “run like a great American company.”

oh boy! 

6 minutes ago, Jaraxxus said:

So what's your solution? Elect the dementia patient?

I don't believe there is a political solution left to Americans at this point.

5 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Wait, what's wrong with Dan Crenshaw? 

2A traitor, capitulating to the mob about "police brutality," for a start.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

And coal! The coal jobs have never come back! 

And yes on Kushner. I mean like WTF is that azz clown doing anywhere near this government, yet he is in "charge" of middle east peace, criminal justice reform., opioid epidemic, diplomacy with China, the VA, and....

Trump recently put Kushner in charge of the “White House Office of American Innovation.” The new office “is designed to infuse fresh thinking into Washington, float above the daily political grind and create a lasting legacy for a president.” It’s task, according to Kushner is to make the entire U.S. government “run like a great American company.”

oh boy! 

Just like the border wall reviving the coal industry was an alt-promise.  

7 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

At this point, who isn't capitulating to the mob about "police brutality"?

9 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

I don't believe there is a political solution left to Americans at this point.

Glad we agree.

I’ll say this: his presidency has exposed the swamp to be an ocean. I couldn’t expect anyone to fight harder than Trump has for these last 3.5 years. His biggest error has been following the advice of establishment figures. He gets rid of one cretin and that cretin is replaced with another cretin. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, 123719bwiqrb said:

Are you an anarchist?  What is your end game here?

Yeah, the guy complaining about less policing and more criminals on the streets is an anarchist.

Moron

2 minutes ago, Troll Toll said:

I’ll say this: his presidency has exposed the swamp to be an ocean. I couldn’t expect anyone to fight harder than Trump has for these last 3.5 years. His biggest error has been following the advice of establishment figures. He gets rid of one cretin and that cretin is replaced with another cretin. 

We need Bannon back.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Troll Toll said:

I do not think even he knew how deep the swamp was when he was elected.

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, Buffalo_Gal said:

I do not think even he knew how deep the swamp was when he was elected.

That might be true.  But then he added water by bringing his merry band of sycophants to town.  Draining the swamp was another alt-promise.  Instead he just made a bad situation worse. 

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Jaraxxus said:

I tend to agree.

I also tend to agree with @TakeYouToTasker that dissolution of the union is the only feasible answer.

Me, on a long term (i.e. 10 years) timeline, I'm giving serious consideration to bailing altogether. I want no part of the way things are going as is.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out, coward ;)

I highly support dissolving the union. I cannot tell you how much I would love for California to stop giving so much money to the South. Rest of the country woefully underappreciates CA's value. We're like the 5th largest economy in the world or some *****. 

Trumpland can happily marry their guns and Covid their cousins and everyone can live in a BP station. Go nuts.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

That might be true.  But then he added water by bringing his merry band of sycophants to town.  Draining the swamp was another alt-promise.  Instead he just made a bad situation worse. 

Just taking advantage of the situation while complaining about it 

Just now, SectionC3 said:

What has the left done to improve it? Do you believe AOC and her ilk Is the answer?

Do you think police shootings would decrease if Hillary or Biden were the president?

You rail on Trump for four years, I want to know what the left could have done better? 

Was having the lowest black unemployment rate, a skyrocketing economy , no, it's not because of Obama, you admit he was a crappy president. 

Was that not enough for you? Other than throwing a temper tantrum because Hillary lost, what could anyone done better in regards to the country the last four years? How would your performance be when being attacked on a daily basis by people who hate you? 

When the history books are written, the left will not be looked upon well. If we have a country left if God forbid Biden some how manages to win.

2 minutes ago, westside2 said:

When the history books are written, the left will not be looked upon well. If we have a country left if God forbid Biden some how manages to win.

The winners write history and, sorry to say, it doesn't look like the right will be writing the history books.

13 minutes ago, westside2 said:

What has the left done to improve it? Do you believe AOC and her ilk Is the answer?

Do you think police shootings would decrease if Hillary or Biden were the president?

You rail on Trump for four years, I want to know what the left could have done better? 

Was having the lowest black unemployment rate, a skyrocketing economy , no, it's not because of Obama, you admit he was a crappy president. 

Was that not enough for you? Other than throwing a temper tantrum because Hillary lost, what could anyone done better in regards to the country the last four years? How would your performance be when being attacked on a daily basis by people who hate you? 

Whataboutism.  Nice.  

Here’s the deal.  We’ll never know if Hillary or Bernie or the former governor of Maryland who nosed around the race in 2016 would have done better if she/he had won.  Trump has been the president for the past 3.5 years, and what has and has not happened during his term is on him.  

Speaking for myself, I believe in the rule of law.  I believe in the United States Constitution.  I do not believe in crushing unions; in point of fact, I strongly support them.  I am proud to have marched with people demanding social change and true equality for all.  I do not believe in juicing the economy with tax breaks that disproportionately favor the rich.  I also do not believe in juicing the economy on borrowed money for which future generations will have to account.  I abhor the xenophobia on which Trump trades.  

I also believe in the dignity of America and in American superiority.  Trump either does not share or has actively undermined my policy goals.  He is epically outmatched by the simultaneous generational crises that he has allowed to fester this year.  And he has tarnished the American image and reputation.  

So for that reason, I’m not for him.  I never will be.  I question the intelligence and motives of those who are.  I will vote accordingly in November. And I will not forget those who supported the blemish on American values embodied in Trumpism. 

15 minutes ago, Jaraxxus said:

Which is precisely why I'm considering moving to a country that refuses to muddy its culture in defiance of global popular opinion.

There are a few out there that are doing it right.

So, where do you have the realtors looking?  I’m genuinely curious to learn the locations that you’re considering. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, 123719bwiqrb said:

I may be a moron, but It sounds like you want a war with statements like this.

"Want" is the wrong word.  But I do recognize that it's probably the only option left if American nationalism has a chance.  

I don't think it would be "war" in the 1861 sense, though.

51 minutes ago, Jaraxxus said:

Which is precisely why I'm considering moving to a country that refuses to muddy its culture in defiance of global popular opinion.

There are a few out there that are doing it right.

Where are you going?

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Sad. Because your context and analysis are very lacking and poor. 

Sincerely, I was looking forward to you showing up, though I figured this would be your reaction.

Is there anything about this administration in the last two days that doesn't signal complete surrender? 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, LeviF91 said:

Here’s a good example. 

An example of what? The SC won't hear the case leaving the 9th circus order in place.  The way to get states to comply is money, money, money. Always has been, always will be.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, LeviF91 said:

So, Trump voters/prospective Trump voters - tell me which of these things you signed up for:

• Activist judges (bu-bu-but we have to vote Republican 4 da courtz!")
  • "Opportunity zones"
  • Half a wall
  • Violent felons released from prison (while shouting that "Biden sent them there!!!")
  • Burned churches
  • Less policing
  • Cities wrecked
  • Kardashian admin
  • ???

The dude has been handed two absolutely crushing, golden opportunities in the last four months and did ***** nothing with them.  Absolute flops.  Not only did he have four years to fulfill his promises on the borders but g-d set a pandemic from China at the last minute on a ***** tee and he completely whiffed.  Then g-d tosses up a hanging curveball of riots and we could have had law and order and victory parades and he ***** bunts it right back to the pitcher and ***** his pants on the way to first.

Everyone I talk to who was excited about Trump 2-3 years ago is demoralized now.  Not a great line to take - to dump all the excitement your prospective voters have to go to the polls.  I don't care if you think they're a "silent majority."  Pandering to 12% of the population trying to get maybe a few thousand of them to find their "natural conservative" burning inside of them isn't a winning strategy.

Trump said he'd drain the swamp but the swamp drained him.  ****heads like Kushner, Dan Crenshaw, Greg Abbott, and their ilk should have been run out of the RNC/GOP/offices on rails years ago.  Instead we get HW Bush but with more rallies. 

You can't change my mind.

cc5c3992477526cbe12dd022ecdd7399.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

An example of what? The SC won't hear the case leaving the 9th circus order in place.  The way to get states to comply is money, money, money. Always has been, always will be.

The Trump admin has threatened to withhold LE money from Sanctuary Cities but has yet to do so.  But in one stroke of a pen unless LEAs "reform" they don't get any money.  Priorities.

3 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

The Trump admin has threatened to withhold LE money from Sanctuary Cities but has yet to do so.  But in one stroke of a pen unless LEAs "reform" they don't get any money.  Priorities.

So, because he is doing it now, you are complaining?

2 hours ago, GregPersons said:

Don't let the door hit you on the way out, coward ;)

I highly support dissolving the union. I cannot tell you how much I would love for California to stop giving so much money to the South. Rest of the country woefully underappreciates CA's value. We're like the 5th largest economy in the world or some *****. 

Trumpland can happily marry their guns and Covid their cousins and everyone can live in a BP station. Go nuts.

I agree comrade. The Communist Chinese agree too.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Um, he's withholding money from LEAs who won't comply with "reforming" aka kneel to the BLM mob.  Meanwhile all sorts of money still flows right to sanctuary cities.

Just now, Jaraxxus said:

Yeah, none of those, well Australia could be interesting. But Germany? The place that's admitted 100000+ syrians in recent years? Nah, no thanks.

Australia is insanely expensive.  We were there in January and could not believe how much everything cost, from clothing to housing to food. Just astonishing.

2 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

Um, he's withholding money from LEAs who won't comply with "reforming" aka kneel to the BLM mob.  Meanwhile all sorts of money still flows right to sanctuary cities.

Ah, I see. I definitely misread that. Appreciate you pointing it out.

Just now, Buffalo_Gal said:

The funny part is that we as citizens have voted in year after year the same people that have run the country into the ground and outsourced the majority of jobs. Suddenly people think that in 4 years all of that multi-trillion dollar global corruption will just go gently into that good night. Trump's election was only the beginning of dismantling the global free trade system and restoring our Republic. It's only the beginning.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, LeviF91 said:

Sincerely, I was looking forward to you showing up, though I figured this would be your reaction.

Is there anything about this administration in the last two days that doesn't signal complete surrender? 

And sincerely you know that I respect your views and am not trying to dismiss your points.:beer: 

As for the bolded: Yes, the larger context which you're overlooking though I know you're aware of. 

1) Federalism -- It goes from local to state to federal, the failures were seen at the local and state levels across blue cities everywhere. That has opened many, many, many eyes to the bigger game afoot and problems. 

2) The art of letting an enemy destroy itself -- This feeds in from above. Sometimes you can't tell the people what's wrong. They have to see it. They have to feel it. They have to be at the brink. And here we are. Trump didn't bring the virus -- CCP did. Trump didn't kill Floyd -- democrat civic leaders did. Trump didn't start or exacerbate the riots -- BLM and the same enemies the administration has been at war with since before day one did. 

3) The snap-back it's already engendering in the public -- this is the result of 1 and 2. It's created momentum and enthusiasm which Biden can't match.

This is war. The last two weeks, let alone two days, are one battle of a much larger struggle. That larger struggle has not gone the bad guy's way. In fact, they've been gutted in many theaters and centers of power. What you're focusing on (imo) is a battle within the war, and you're letting the fog of battle obscure the bigger picture. 

In your original post you stated this administration came into a golden opportunity -- and I agree, though I suspect for different reasons. Since even before they were sworn in, this administration has been under siege and at war with something intangible -- yet very, very real. And they've been winning nearly every fight: 

* You can scoff at judges, but this is an important battle not for the present but for the long term viability of the Republic. They reshaped the federal courts in less than 4 years. That has an impact long after Trump leaves (in a few months or another 5 years). You can't actually fight corruption and the issues we need to tackle without first addressing and cleaning out the courts of the bad apples.  

* You call it "half a wall" but that's not accurate. It's also overlooking the primary purpose of the wall itself (trafficking first, immigration second) and those numbers are down tremendously. We're talking thousands, if not tens of thousands of kids and adults have been saved since 2017. Smuggling networks were rerouted (and taken down). This was accomplished having to fight for every foot. 

* Felons being released didn't happen on a national level. Again, it was blue states doing this -- and people noticed the timing. Release the crooks right before you need them to stir up trouble in national protests. This is letting the enemy expose themselves. 

* Burned Churches: see above. 

* Less policing: See above. Now Trump is going to sign an EO that aids the police and he's positioned himself in the cat bird seat on this issue over Biden and the DNC. 

It's important to remember this is war. This isn't an election, this isn't "business as usual". This is one side that's been in power for over 70 years in this country desperately trying to retake it before their gravest sins are exposed to the world. Once that happens, they won't be able to walk down the street. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 4