Understanding "Black on Black crime"

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

Then your problem rests solely with the police....not with the American public at large. I don’t know of ANY statistics that show random unarmed black people are being repeatedly killed by random white people. 

This is a very convenient fiction to insist upon, because it completely removes any responsibility from you. It's not your problem. Not your concern. You don't need to worry about being part of the solution. It's also very lazy.

Statistics are interesting. Have you heard of the Tulsa Race Massacre of 1921? Yes, a long time ago. Do you know why I'd bring that up regarding the statistics you're looking for? 

1 minute ago, GregPersons said:

When unarmed black people is an ongoing trend for generations, and there is repeatedly no justice and no concern unless there are protests and riots to insist on it, then that would imply that black lives don't matter. Because it seems like the country doesn't care, unless forced to confront it. So it's not something that is being very clearly communicated, if it is indeed one of our American cultural values that people who are alive have value.

You have a far greater chance to be killed by another black person if you are black. Saying police on black crime is a ongoing trend when black on black crime is out of control. Is a bit disingenuous at best.

Any person unnecessarily killed by police is tragic. Tragedy doesn't have a color. Your fixation on making this about the pigment of a person's skin is very telling about your frame of mind. 

I suggest you stop playing the victim and realize the only one holding you back is you. 

Get your mind right. You're heading down a dangerous path. 

18 minutes ago, Warren Zevon said:

It highlights how racist the morons here are.

Everyone shy's away from this gimme question but is eager to talk about things like Biden's inappropriateness, the #FakeVirus, how much of a troll any liberal is, etc. RIght wing posters have posted more Pepe the Frog memes than have said black lives matter.

What question are we shying away from?  Ask away!  

2 minutes ago, GregPersons said:

Why's that? I find certainty to be very interesting. You are very certain. What makes you so?

I'm certain because you asked the question. Something drove you to type out the characters and click the green submit reply button. It could be as simple as you were curious, or perhaps you wanted to see who disagreed to follow up with further questions, but you instead chose to deny any purpose whatsoever which casts complete doubt on the entire thing. Why be so deceptive?

1 minute ago, Chef Jim said:

What question are we shying away from?  Ask away!  

You are shying away from a $25 donation to a charity that supports racial justice in your community. That's unfortunate. I think you have been shying away since Friday, if I recall.

Just now, westside2 said:

You have a far greater chance to be killed by another black person if you are black. Saying police on black crime is a ongoing trend when black on black crime is out of control. Is a bit disingenuous at best.

Any person unnecessarily killed by police is tragic. Tragedy doesn't have a color. Your fixation on making this about the pigment of a person's skin is very telling about your frame of mind. 

I suggest you stop playing the victim and realize the only one holding you back is you. 

Get your mind right. You're heading down a dangerous path. 

Okay. So, do black lives matter? Or because black people kill black people, their lives don't matter? Unclear what your point is here.

I'm not sure you'd recognize a dangerous path if it were boiling the skin off of your feet, but I appreciate the concern. Do black lives matter less than white lives? 

Another way to think of it. Everyone is saying this is so obvious. In what ways is it clear that black lives matter in America? 

Just now, Warren Zevon said:

You are shying away from a $25 donation to a charity that supports racial justice in your community. That's unfortunate. I think you have been shying away since Friday, if I recall.

Longer! Jim has been running from himself his entire life. He's afraid of asking questions he doesn't want to know the answer to. 

1 minute ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I'm certain because you asked the question. Something drove you to type out the characters and click the green submit reply button. It could be as simple as you were curious, or perhaps you wanted to see who disagreed to follow up with further questions, but you instead chose to deny any purpose whatsoever which casts complete doubt on the entire thing. Why be so deceptive?

I don't understand. You're certain my question has a purpose? It's true, yes, communication has a purpose. Your communication here, also serving a purpose. Questions, purposeful, indeed.

Do black lives matter? Why would I be asking this, do you think? What am I after, do you suppose?

Just now, Warren Zevon said:

Whoa $25. That sure solved the problem.  I have my own charities/causes that I give to regularly. 

So anyway my question to you was what is this “gimme” question we are all shying away from?  

1 minute ago, GregPersons said:

Okay. So, do black lives matter? Or because black people kill black people, their lives don't matter? Unclear what your point is here.

I'm not sure you'd recognize a dangerous path if it were boiling the skin off of your feet, but I appreciate the concern. Do black lives matter less than white lives? 

Another way to think of it. Everyone is saying this is so obvious. In what ways is it clear that black lives matter in America? 

Longer! Jim has been running from himself his entire life. He's afraid of asking questions he doesn't want to know the answer to. 

I answered the question. All lives matter equally. 

Whit lives don't matter anymore than any other race. I judge a person on their character, not the color of their skin. Can you say the same?

2 minutes ago, GregPersons said:

I don't understand. You're certain my question has a purpose? It's true, yes, communication has a purpose. Your communication here, also serving a purpose. Questions, purposeful, indeed.

Do black lives matter? Why would I be asking this, do you think? What am I after, do you suppose?

I don't know, that's why I asked. Why don't you want to reveal what you're after?

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Whoa $25. That sure solved the problem.  I have my own charities/causes that I give to regularly. 

So anyway my question to you was what is this “gimme” question we are all shying away from?  

$25 doesn't solve a problem. It's a simple donation we can make, though, from behind our keyboards that will be used to help our communities. Can you please name an organization you support in your area that strives for social justice so I can donate $25 in your name?

1 minute ago, Warren Zevon said:

$25 doesn't solve a problem. It's a simple donation we can make, though, from behind our keyboards that will be used to help our communities. Can you please name an organization you support in your area that strives for social justice so I can donate $25 in your name?

I don’t have one. So you can stop asking. 

Now let’s her back to the task at hand. 

What “gimme” question are we shying away from. 

I don’t have one. So you can stop asking. 

Of course you don't have one. The task is to simply name one in your community so the donation can be made. Try google.com or duckduckgo.com. A simple keyword search will find you an organization within seconds.

10 minutes ago, Warren Zevon said:

Of course you don't have one. The task is to simply name one in your community so the donation can be made. Try google.com or duckduckgo.com. A simple keyword search will find you an organization within seconds.

Simply?  No giving to the right charity is not simple. You have to do youR research. I ask you. What is the breakdown of that $25 you gave?  Where did every penny go?  How much of it went to the actual cause you fight for? 

Now back to the question that started this conversation. What is the gimme question we are well sidestepping?

Simply?  No giving to the right charity is not simple.

Indeed. That's why I originally donated to an amazing organization in Buffalo, PUSH, were I have volunteered hundreds of hours over the last six years. But then you said you would not donate to a charity in Buffalo - which is pretty ***** for a guy who spends his time on a Buffalo Bills forum.

27 minutes ago, GregPersons said:

When murdering innocent unarmed black people is an ongoing trend for generations, and there is repeatedly no justice and no concern unless there are protests and riots to insist on it, then that would imply that black lives don't matter. Because it seems like the country doesn't care, unless forced to confront it. So it's not something that is being very clearly communicated, if it is indeed one of our American cultural values that people who are alive have value.

Just because it (again, rarely now) happens doesn't automatically mean it's racism.  Apparently Chauvin and Floyd had a history and maybe it was just personal animosity?  I have heard a lot about complaints against Chauvin but haven't heard about him being a racist.

And peaceful protests are fine.  Rioting, looting and injuring others isn't, period.

1 hour ago, westside2 said:

That's good. Black lives matter to me as well as Puerto Rican lives, Asian lives, Mexican lives and so on and so on.

They are all equal to me. 

How about Polish lives!?

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

Just because it (again, rarely now) happens doesn't automatically mean it's racism.  Apparently Chauvin and Floyd had a history and maybe it was just personal animosity?  I have heard a lot about complaints against Chauvin but haven't heard about him being a racist.

And peaceful protests are fine.  Rioting, looting and injuring others isn't, period.

I'll be blunt but kind.

You are underestimating racism. Right? Don't you think? Like, which is more likely — that racism is exaggerated, OR, maybe possibly we have all been masssssssssively underestimating racism, because, if we're white, we don't have to think of race? If we're white, we don't really think of ourselves as white. We're whatever else, our ethnicity, we're our interests, we're this or that. We don't think there's a real "white identity" and the only "white culture" seems to be the crazy hillbillies. If we're white, we don't HAVE to think about race. It is an optional, theoretical debate. 

It really is, like... Step 1 is admitting there is a problem. There's a lot of reasons, if you stop to ponder and read and look into it, a lot of reasons why we would not want to admit there is a problem. A whole hornets nest of reasons why we are better off to maintain our comfort and maintain the illusions provided the consequences do not impact us personally. 

I want to educate you on why "peaceful protests" is a form of racism but I know I would for sure lose you if I haven't already. But, I will say. Have you ever heard of / read the book "Revolt of the Black Athlete"? Harry Edwards, from the 70s.  

7 minutes ago, Wacka said:

How about Polish lives!?

Isn't it weird.... if we were talking about Polish crime, we probably wouldn't be bringing up Brazilian crime?

If we were talking about a heroic White cop saving a beautiful blonde girl  by shooting her drug addict mother in the eyeballs, and saying what a good cop, but then I was like "here's an example of a Black cop rescuing a blonde girl from a burning building" that would be race baiting. 

It's interesting how it is always acceptable to talk over black people, from the white perspective. And if a black perspective enters a white space, that's offensive, revolutionary, protest, unruly .

Edited by GregPersons

25 minutes ago, Warren Zevon said:

Indeed. That's why I originally donated to an amazing organization in Buffalo, PUSH, were I have volunteered hundreds of hours over the last six years. But then you said you would not donate to a charity in Buffalo - which is pretty ***** for a guy who spends his time on a Buffalo Bills forum.

Sorry you don't agree with my charitable intent and giving.  Which is strange seeing you have NO idea what my charitable giving is.  You and Greg are real good at assuming things about people you know nothing about.  It's a horrible trait. 

Anyway back to the topic at hand which you have refused to address.  What gimme question are we shying away from?  

14 minutes ago, GregPersons said:

I'll be blunt but kind.

You are underestimating racism. Right? Don't you think? Like, which is more likely — that racism is exaggerated, OR, maybe possibly we have all been masssssssssively underestimating racism, because, if we're white, we don't have to think of race? If we're white, we don't really think of ourselves as white. We're whatever else, our ethnicity, we're our interests, we're this or that. We don't think there's a real "white identity" and the only "white culture" seems to be the crazy hillbillies. If we're white, we don't HAVE to think about race. It is an optional, theoretical debate. 

It really is, like... Step 1 is admitting there is a problem. There's a lot of reasons, if you stop to ponder and read and look into it, a lot of reasons why we would not want to admit there is a problem. A whole hornets nest of reasons why we are better off to maintain our comfort and maintain the illusions provided the consequences do not impact us personally. 

I want to educate you on why "peaceful protests" is a form of racism but I know I would for sure lose you if I haven't already. But, I will say. Have you ever heard of / read the book "Revolt of the Black Athlete"? Harry Edwards, from the 70s.  

I can't imagine what kind of life you have when all you see is racism. That's very sad.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GregPersons said:

I'm just asking a question, curious to know how my fellow Bills fans think. Do black lives matter?

All lives matter. You are such a racist. Trying viewing the world beyond skin color. I don't think you are capable of it.

3 hours ago, GregPersons said:

I'm just asking a question, curious to know how my fellow Bills fans think. Do black lives matter?

questions:
What makes you think they don’t?

Are you asking if they matter to non-blacks?

do you think they matter to blacks?

THE ENFORCEMENT OF IDEOLOGICAL PURITY: how the topic of black-on-black crime is handled by the left.

[Lee Fang of The Intercept], of course, had a choice. He didn’t have to apologize. If he didn’t apologize, he wasn’t going to be executed or even sent to an actual Gulag – just a social one. He would have become persona non grata at every liberal media outlet in the US, and apparently he was not willing to do that. A conservative outlet might have hired him, but he wasn’t ready to cast his lot with a group he probably still considers The Enemy. So he apologized and kept his job.

But maybe, if he’s a true person of the left, his apology wasn’t just pragmatic. It may have been sincere. Like Winston Smith at the end of Nineteen Eighty-Four, and in Fang’s case without even the need for torture and major re-education, perhaps he was ready to sincerely admit the error of his ways. If that was the case, to me it’s even more frightening than if Fang had just sucked it up in order to keep his job. But if he was sincere, it’s a demonstration of how leftists manage to absorb new information and to integrate it into their pre-existing mental map of what’s acceptable and unacceptable. Depending on how far left Fang is, he might just decide that if all the other leftists say he’s guilty of thoughtcrime here, it must therefore be so.

Read the whole thing.

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, GregPersons said:

I'll be blunt but kind.

Again, I'm a 1st generation Indian American.  I see, but haven't experienced, both sides.  I have no dog in this fight and want everyone to do well.  "Keeping the black (or any other ethnicity) man down" has no appeal or advantage for me.  

I am not underestimating racism.  It's there and probably always will be.  What I'm saying is that not everything bad that happens to someone is racism.  If all you do is look for it, you'll find it whether it's there or not.  And violence tends to entrench people more in their biased viewpoints versus using love and peaceful demonstrations.

• Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1