2020 Election is officially Trump vs Biden

To be sure, there is good reason for Biden -- and all Americans -- to be leery of the debates. As former White House Press Secretary Joe Lockhart wrote, "It's a fool's errand to enter the ring with someone who can't follow the rules or the truth."

Given Trump's track record with presidential debates, each encounter will likely turn into some mashup of professional wrestling, reality television and presidential politics.

One way the commission can make sure the debates are fair and substantive is to carefully choose the moderators. It's telling that Trump's campaign has released a list of suggested moderators that includes right-wing pundits and Fox News personalities who would likely go easy on him.

The commission should thoroughly vet reporters who are prepared to ask tough questions, follow up when a candidate fails to answer, and set the facts straight in the face of misleading responses. The moderators must also do their part to choose topics that cover a broad range of issues voters care about, so the American people can get a clear sense of how each candidate would handle the biggest crises facing the nation.

As anyone who has seen his interviews with Fox News' Chris Wallace or Jonathan Swan of Axios knows, it's clear why the President prefers his campaign rallies over one-on-one Q&As -- he does not fare well when challenged. 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/08/opinions/trump-fourth-debate-request-zelizer/index.html

• Haha (+1) 1

Neither did his entire party.

Truth Is, Biden Never Had a Firm Grip on Reality

by Derek Hunter

Original Article

Near the end of last year, I casually joked on my podcast that watching Joe Biden campaign was like watching a public service announcement about elder abuse. As with all good humor, it was based in truth, but it wasn’t until recently that I realized just how much truth there was in that joke. But there’s more truth in it than I realized because Joe has not only been the butt of the joke, but he’s also been in on it the whole time. That Biden has lost a step isn’t in dispute.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, ALF said:

To be sure, there is good reason for Biden -- and all Americans -- to be leery of the debates. As former White House Press Secretary Joe Lockhart wrote, "It's a fool's errand to enter the ring with someone who can't follow the rules or the truth."

Given Trump's track record with presidential debates, each encounter will likely turn into some mashup of professional wrestling, reality television and presidential politics.

One way the commission can make sure the debates are fair and substantive is to carefully choose the moderators. It's telling that Trump's campaign has released a list of suggested moderators that includes right-wing pundits and Fox News personalities who would likely go easy on him.

The commission should thoroughly vet reporters who are prepared to ask tough questions, follow up when a candidate fails to answer, and set the facts straight in the face of misleading responses. The moderators must also do their part to choose topics that cover a broad range of issues voters care about, so the American people can get a clear sense of how each candidate would handle the biggest crises facing the nation.

As anyone who has seen his interviews with Fox News' Chris Wallace or Jonathan Swan of Axios knows, it's clear why the President prefers his campaign rallies over one-on-one Q&As -- he does not fare well when challenged. 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/08/opinions/trump-fourth-debate-request-zelizer/index.html

This article argues itself into a corner.

Point 1: Biden should probably not debate Trump because Trump lies.

Point 1: Trump does not fare well when challenged, so maybe Biden  SHOULD debate Trump.

Trump has you folks twisted into pretzels. :lol:

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

You are losing, don't cry 

Pennsylvania: Trump vs. Biden CBS News/YouGov Biden 49, Trump 43 Biden +6
Wisconsin: Trump vs. Biden CBS News/YouGov Biden 48, Trump 42 Biden +6

Friday, August 7

Trump is still kind of close, though

Just curious what did the polls say at this point for Hillary in those states? I don't think you were part of conversation prior but the polls have always been trash and half of them have results that are outside of margin of error, basically meaning the process is flawed.

11 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Truth Is, Biden Never Had a Firm Grip on Reality

by Derek Hunter

Funny how quickly the left forgets how much Biden has lied and plagiarized throughout his entire career.

But yeah, Trump is the big liar in this race. :lol:

3 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Just curious what did the polls say at this point for Hillary in those states? I don't think you were part of conversation prior but the polls have always been trash and half of them have results that are outside of margin of error, basically meaning the process is flawed.

Biden has a bigger lead than Clinton did. These polls now are showing up more in line with the 2018 results. 

Do you think the election will be fair if Trump loses? 

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Biden has a bigger lead than Clinton did. These polls now are showing up more in line with the 2018 results. 

Do you think the election will be fair if Trump loses? 

Either you are lying or have no clue- in August Hillary was up by more than 6 in Wisconsin, many polls had her up double digits in August and September. Your question about fair depending on result shows again you determine "fair" on whether you get your way. Fair is determined by process not result to honest people 

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/wi/wisconsin_trump_vs_clinton-5659.html

3 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Either you are lying or have no clue- in August Hillary was up by more than 6 in Wisconsin, many polls had her up double digits in August and September. Your question about fair depending on result shows again you determine "fair" on whether you get your way. Fair is determined by process not result to honest people 

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/wi/wisconsin_trump_vs_clinton-5659.html

No, po really, the 2"18 polls are much closer than the 2016 election. 

Do you think the lectionaries will be fair? Will be be stolen by the Dems? You believe that Trump lie about millions of illegal people voting? 

Because if if you do, why do you even care at all about the polls? Makes no sense 

14 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

No, po really, the 2"18 polls are much closer than the 2016 election. 

Do you think the lectionaries will be fair? Will be be stolen by the Dems? You believe that Trump lie about millions of illegal people voting? 

Because if if you do, why do you even care at all about the polls? Makes no sense 

Show me what you are talking about or just admit you are making it up. As I stated previously the polls are crap, so your defense for lying is the numbers don't matter?

1 hour ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Show me what you are talking about or just admit you are making it up. As I stated previously the polls are crap, so your defense for lying is the numbers don't matter?

Lying about what? The polls showed a Dem victory in 18 and it happened. 

You our think the election will be fair? Was trump lying about millions of illegals voting?