Killed by police

1 minute ago, Reality Check said:

They are useful idiots fully in support of international crime. They know what they are doing. Look at how organized everything is on their end. 

I completely agree that at the highest levels they know exactly what they are doing, but Greg and his ilk are “just following orders” in destroying small businesses and communities in order to FIGHT fascism?

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Troll Toll said:

I think the saddest part is that they want to fight police brutality by transforming America into a police state. There is just no critical thinking on the left. You can’t make this crap up!

It’s worse than that. They’ve brainwashed a generation of woke nitwits to all goose step alongside. My pure white niece, who just got a masters degree in a worthless major, has been self locked in her father’s house for three months inside a gated community, where her latest Facebook posts are all about white privilege. You can’t make this stuff up! It’s a generation in desperate search for a cause to fight that'll give meaning to their social media infested lives. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Troll Toll said:

I completely agree that at the highest levels they know exactly what they are doing, but Greg and his ilk are “just following orders” in destroying small businesses and communities in order to FIGHT fascism?

True. Employing sociopathic bottom feeders is the hallmark of agitation operations. They come cheap and will do anything if they believe they can get away with it.

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Reality Check said:

GregPersons is the combination of Antifa, Moslem Brotherhood, and the DNC. Watching everyone engage on his level and on his terms will be pretty amusing. Let the games begin.

...292 thank you notes in the mail to him for his staunch support.....heard the Loose Screw Coalition was established overnight......

NYPD says 292 officers injured during George Floyd protests, as police across US come under siege

https://www.foxnews.com/us/nypd-292-officers-injured-floyd-protests

4 hours ago, GregPersons said:

There's no use trying to educate these clowns. They are, believe it or not, adults on this board. And adults who have decided they won't learn can't be forced.

You can see some posters, midway through a page, deny the reality just a few inches above. There's a lot of magical thinking on this board. And this is just what they are sharing! Imagine the horrors they think are too far beyond the pale.

Anyway it's good fun to embarrass them, to the degree they're able to feel shame.

You live in a fantasy world don’t you. You have brought shame on no one on this board other than probably yourself. And funny you should mention magical thinking.  To you anyone who states they are a conservative magically becomes a racists.  With that thinking alone you have reduced that term to zero meaning.  When everything is racist nothing is racist. Do us (and yourself) a favor. Define racist. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 6/6/2020 at 8:29 AM, billsfan1959 said:

Hey Hapless,

You are right that, per capita, blacks have a higher probability of being killed by the police. I think statistics are a good starting point for discussions. I had provided this information in another thread and I thought it should go in a specific thread about police killings.

The statistic you provided seems to be the one that is the basis for so much assumption in this country, when there are so many other stats they should be looked at as well. Per capita, black men are disproportionately represented as victims of police killings and more likely to be killed by law enforcement than any other group.

Blacks are also disproportionately represented in other areas of violent crime. They account for:

53% of all murder arrests
29% of all rape arrests
54% of all robbery arrests
34% of all aggravated assult arrests
32% of all other assault arrests
54% of all weapons arrests

92-95% of all killings of blacks

In addition, 38% of all LE Officers killed in the line of duty are killed by blacks.

As you can see, they are disproportionately represented in all these crimes. This is not meant to infer from these stats that there must be something inherently wrong with the black race. That is as ridiculous as arguing that there is something inherently wrong with all of law enforcement because of the stat you initially provided.

The point of this is that it is a statistical fact that blacks are disproportionately represented as both victims and offenders of violent crime, the overwhelming majority of that violence is intra-racial, and the vast majority of violent crime in most cities is in the lower socio-economic areas that also happen to have significant black populations. There are a lot of reasons for this and that is one area we should be having a national discussion on.

When any police department allocates its resources, they allocate them according to need, with the areas having the most violent crime receiving the most resources. So, in effect, a disproportionate amount of law enforcement resources are dedicated to black communities. This is supported by the fact that blacks, per capita, have a greater amount of contact with law enforcement than any other group. This leads to a disproportionate amount of interactions between police and black men, particularly within the context of violent crime, a higher potential for emotionally charged situations, and potential for the escalation of violence.

Young black men are being murdered at a disproportionate rate. In a five year span (2015-2019), over 35,000 black citizens have been murdered. Over 32,000 of those black murder victims were men, mostly young black men. The overwhelming majority of them are killed by other black citizens.

Of those 35,000 murdered, black citizens, approx 95% of those were killed by other black citizens. 1164 (3%) were killed by law enforcement.

Of the over 32,000 of those black men that were murdered, approx 95% were killed by other black men. 1118 ((3%) were killed by law enforcement. 

Each year, over 6,400 black men are murdered and an average of 223 (3%) of them are killed by law enforcement.

SOURCES:

Uniform Crime Reports 2015-2019

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2015/crime-in-the-u.s.-2015

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2016/crime-in-the-u.s.-2016

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2017/crime-in-the-u.s.-2017

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2018/crime-in-the-u.s.-2018

https://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2019-preliminary-semiannual-uniform-crime-report-released-012120

Washington Post Database of people killed by police since 2015:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/investigations/police-shootings-database/

Police Contacts 

https://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/cpp15.pdf

Officers Feloniously Killed from 2009-2018 

https://ucr.fbi.gov/leoka/2018/home

Good write-up but you do know facts are racist.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Oh we LOVE your “kind” around these parts. Here’s why. We can deem you a tool and have NO idea what race/gender/religious leanings/sexual orientation you are. Kind of how we’d treat you in real life except for that whole racist thing. 

I think the correct term is useful idiot.

• Haha (+1) 1

22 hours ago, GregPersons said:

Where do people engage in constructive dialogue on this board? Show me even ONE PAGE of that being true, in ANY THREAD on this forum.

Y'all are so full of ***** you forgot what it taste like.

mmmm......I tried in the "Defund the Police?" thread and you turned it into a sh**show.  I wanted to see the other side's POV and you brought the same garbage as in this thread.

Maybe it proves there are no liberal solutions, only talking points.

• Like (+1) 2

54 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

You live in a fantasy world don’t you. You have brought shame on no one on this board other than probably yourself. And funny you should mention magical thinking.  To you anyone who states they are a conservative magically becomes a racists.  With that thinking alone you have reduced that term to zero meaning.  When everything is racist nothing is racist. Do us (and yourself) a favor. Define racist. 

....yes I'm sure he feels the guilt.......he is consumed with self aggrandizement. evident by his pontifications yet produces ZERO substance in dialogue...sound familiar?....ironically, a Nixon mantra was "always attack...never defend..", yup the REPUBLICAN dude....so the libs opt out of constructive dialogue by NOT contributing and the best they offer is "always attack...never defend.."....this is my relatives' stance......dyed in the wool Dems who think CNN is gospel......haven't been to a family function in YEARS....they ask me why.....response?...I had Covid-19 BEFORE it was invented.....

Just now, Chef Jim said:

Q-Baby was. That says a lot about his performance here. It takes a lot to get the ole heave ho here. 

I had him on ignore for so long, I forgot he existed. Nor surprised he got himself banned, it takes someone relentlessly trying to be offensive for me to put them on ignore.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Q-Baby was. That says a lot about his performance here. It takes a lot to get the ole heave ho here. 

...turrible....a tragic loss.............

1 minute ago, Koko78 said:

I had him on ignore for so long, I forgot he existed. Nor surprised he got himself banned, it takes someone relentlessly trying to be offensive for me to put them on ignore.

...I couldn't bring myself to do so......he grounded me in reality just how some people(?) could be THAT effed up....more to follow?......still are some real gems here.....

2 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

And what is outrageous is the reason why. He then came back under a new name and proceeded to follow me around accusing me of ratting on him. He actually went to Simon’s page and saw that I had visited it and assumed I visited to rat on hm. When I’m actuality I went to PM Simon to ask who did!   You can all thank me later. 

1 minute ago, Chef Jim said:

And what is outrageous is the reason why. He then came back under a new name and proceeded to follow me around accusing me of ratting on him. He actually went to Simon’s page and saw that I had visited it and assumed I visited to rat on hm. When I’m actuality I went to PM Simon to ask who did!   You can all thank me later. 

Oh, so that's what that nonsense was about.

50 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

We do thank you! I don't know who ratted him out; however, I applaud him/her. Publishing private info of any kind regarding a poster or that poster's family members is way out of bounds.

2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...292 thank you notes in the mail to him for his staunch support.....heard the Loose Screw Coalition was established overnight......

NYPD says 292 officers injured during George Floyd protests, as police across US come under siege

https://www.foxnews.com/us/nypd-292-officers-injured-floyd-protests

"injured" probably means a bruise to their knee or something. meanwhile they are shooting rubber bullets into the face of peaceful protesters and throwing gas canisters at them for fun 

12 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

"injured" probably means a bruise to their knee or something. meanwhile they are shooting rubber bullets into the face of peaceful protesters and throwing gas canisters at them for fun 

.well...um....er...oh...uh...if you say so...grade schools being closed since March DO have an adverse effect............SMH........you could be an eventual CNN intern...

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Haha (+1) 2