Gregg Rosenthal is a basic shill of a Patriots Fan

This guy has always pissed me off but this GM ranking is next level. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001109659/article/nfl-gm-power-rankings-brett-veach-john-lynch-surge-up-list

To sum it all up, he has BB as the number one GM in the league. The guy who just pissed away a hall of fame QB, has his old team in cap hell, and lost many many starters in free agency. 

That's just completely blind homerism and it's pretty embarrassing that NFL.com is letting that go out there. 

Beane ranked 12th is probably fine, but it's hard to argue that the Falcons and Rams are better managed right now than Bills... 

Edited by whatdrought
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Followed shortly thereafter by the Rams, in my opinion. 

Meh I think the Rams issues are slightly overestimated myself. They still have a top 15 roster. I wasn't enamoured with their coaching last year but McVay did seem to finally adjust once the season was dead. Will be interesting to see how they go. 

3 minutes ago, Logic said:

Belichick is the best coach in NFL history. He is NOT, in my estimation, a great GM.

I think he is a pretty good GM. Great? No. But I think that run he had where he built the 2nd dynasty team was some excellent drafting. Best? No. Top 10 or thereabouts? Yep. 

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Meh I think the Rams issues are slightly overestimated myself. They still have a top 15 roster. I wasn't enamoured with their coaching last year but McVay did seem to finally adjust once the season was dead. Will be interesting to see how they go. 

I think their roster is a decent one, it's their future that is bleak. They're pressed to the cap, have no future draft assets, have more big contracts coming up, and have a lack of depth and talent across the map. They're top heavy to the extreme and we've already seen them have to dump guys to adjust. Trading what they did for Ramsey was completely idiotic I think. 

Plus, they're going to be held back by their QB and his giant contract going forward. 

Just now, whatdrought said:

I think their roster is a decent one, it's their future that is bleak. They're pressed to the cap, have no future draft assets, have more big contracts coming up, and have a lack of depth and talent across the map. They're top heavy to the extreme and we've already seen them have to dump guys to adjust. Trading what they did for Ramsey was completely idiotic I think. 

Plus, they're going to be held back by their QB and his giant contract going forward. 

So I like Goff more than most. Maybe that influences my view. Yes, they don't have a lot in future assets but until that manifests itself in a bad roster not sure it matters. If they can get an OL and a running back with their two 2nd rounders then there is every chance they are a playoff team again in 2020. Though they play in the toughest division in football it must be said. 

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I think he is a pretty good GM. Great? No. But I think that run he had where he built the 2nd dynasty team was some excellent drafting. Best? No. Top 10 or thereabouts? Yep. 

Fair enough. I always felt like sometimes he got too cute with the trade-downs and the “smartest guy in the room” routine. Felt like he left some really good talent on the board at times that wound up costing him in the playoffs. Obviously, he won 6 titles as a head coach, so who am I to question his team building? I maintain that, if paired with a proper GM with whom he worked well throughout his career, he might have won 7 or 8 titles,instead. It’s unknowable, of course.

He does have some weird blind spots (all GMs do), like 2nd round defensive backs and wide receivers in general. His selection of Harry just last year, for instance, over guys like A.J. Brown and DK Metcalf and Mecole Hardman stands out.

Overall, I’d agree with you. A good, but not GREAT GM.

1 minute ago, Logic said:

Fair enough. I always felt like sometimes he got too cute with the trade-downs and the “smartest guy in the room” routine. Felt like he left some really good talent on the board at times that wound up costing him in the playoffs. Obviously, he won 6 titles as a head coach, so who am I to question his team building? I maintain that, if paired with a proper GM with whom he worked well throughout his career, he might have won 7 or 8 titles,instead. It’s unknowable, of course.

He does have some weird blind spots (all GMs do), like 2nd round defensive backs and wide receivers in general. His selection of Harry just last year, for instance, over guys like A.J. Brown and DK Metcalf and Mecole Hardman stands out.

Overall, I’d agree with you. A good, but not GREAT GM.

Yea he had a real bald patch drafting in the mid 00s and then has again the last few years. His peak drafting came 2009-2015ish when he was working with Bob Quinn who has been mainly unspectacular in Detroit as the head man but that combo seemed to work for New England. 

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001109659/article/nfl-gm-power-rankings-brett-veach-john-lynch-surge-up-list

To sum it all up, he has BB as the number one GM in the league. The guy who just pissed away a hall of fame QB, has his old team in cap hell, and lost many many starters in free agency. 

That's just completely blind homerism and it's pretty embarrassing that NFL.com is letting that go out there. 

Beane ranked 12th is probably fine, but it's hard to argue that the Falcons and Rams are better managed right now than Bills... 

B-word?

Belligerent (to any one in press which questions his injury reports)

Boisterous? (18-1)

Bastard? (too obvious)

Bashful? (too bashful to speak about all the cheating)

Baffling? (as in baffling how he gets some calls)

Brittle, Brackish, Bonkers, etc.

What is your favorite?

18 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

Jeez calm down. Why read these people when you know ahead of time their biases? 

There is another one for Billicheat - Biased.

58 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

1.  These so called experts are as bored as everyone else right now and have to do something to generate discussion.

2.  Belicheat is a terrible GM.

3.  Beane is a rising superstar among the GM ranks.  Ranking him 12th is a clueless joke.  

• Like (+1) 3