Draft Rumors 1 week out

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

I guess they would get 18, 26 and a 2021 1st? Would that do it?

At least.  The 3rd pick is 2200 points.  The 18th and 26th are 1600.  If they count next year's 1st as equivalent to this year's 2nd, that's 510 points, which is 90 short. And then there's the premium for moving into the top-3.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Doc said:

At least.  The 3rd pick is 2200 points.  The 18th and 26th are 1600.  If they count next year's 1st as equivalent to this year's 2nd, that's 510 points, which is 90 short. And then there's the premium for moving into the top-3.

That Lions team also has a HUGE need at CB after trading away Slay. Would be hard to walk away from Okudah, especially with their HC coaching for his job next year.

46 minutes ago, hjnick said:

If I'm Detroit, I'm laughing all the way to the bank... Yep, trade with me at 3, I'll take your extra 1st round picks, THEN still probably get Okuda (CB sp?) or Tua at 5.... :thumbsup:

the rumor now is that miami is trying to get to 3 without giving up 5.  remember they have 3 1's this year, two 2's.  then two 1's and two 2's next year.  so they could give up the other two 1's this and a 1 next year which would be close to the points needed and still have all the normal picks next year to go along with both ones and both twos this year.  omg i wrote 1 and 2 so many times. 

if i'm det i do this. if i;m miami i do this too

5 minutes ago, FireChans said:

That Lions team also has a HUGE need at CB after trading away Slay. Would be hard to walk away from Okudah, especially with their HC coaching for his job next year.

Yup.

2 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

the rumor now is that miami is trying to get to 3 without giving up 5.  remember they have 3 1's this year, two 2's.  then two 1's and two 2's next year.  so they could give up the other two 1's this and a 1 next year which would be close to the points needed and still have all the normal picks next year to go along with both ones and both twos this year.  omg i wrote 1 and 2 so many times. 

It certainly would be good for the Lions' next HC...

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I guess they would get 18, 26 and a 2021 1st? Would that do it?

If I am Detroit - if they want to keep 5 - then I want 18, 26, 39 and next years 1 (Miami).  I may even shoot for a later pick this year or the higher number 2 next year.  They have the picks and much like when the Bills had the picks - you make them part of the premium.

That would give you 3 more picks in the top 40 and an extra 1 next year - plus whatever else you got.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Schrager's making me feel good about my mock! I've got CEH as my 2nd RB off the board, though at the top of the 2nd. I've got 3 OT's in the top 10, though I've got the Cardinals loving Becton's athleticism. I've got Simmons going 7th to the Panthers.

I have Dobbins and Taylor as 3rd rd RBs in the hot takes thread. I don’t know if they actually go there but I think it is where I would take them if i was drafting. So wouldn’t be surprised. RBs are going to come off the board slowly unless they are all purpose backs like Swift/CEH. Dobbins could fall because he didn’t test and teams lack info on him. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

I have Dobbins and Taylor as 3rd rd RBs in the hot takes thread. I don’t know if they actually go there but I think it is where I would take them if i was drafting. So wouldn’t be surprised. RBs are going to come off the board slowly unless they are all purpose backs like Swift/CEH. Dobbins could fall because he didn’t test and teams like info on him. 

I've got Taylor to the Bucs and Dobbins to the Steelers in Rd2. CEH to the Chargers in Rd2. Swift to the Phins at 26. I'm struggling to mock TE's to literally anyone. 1st one is Kmet at 62, then Trautman at 93. Only did 3 rounds, only mocked 2 TEs.

3 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I've got Taylor to the Bucs and Dobbins to the Steelers in Rd2. 

Huh. I can think of someone else who had those two exact picks in round two.....

Both make a lot of sense to me. I don't see a back in round 1 tbh. 

Edited by GunnerBill

1 hour ago, aristocrat said:

I wouldn't take that deal if I was Detroit.  You drop down to 18 and 26 this year and a first in the 8-18 range probably.

That is a huge drop where you are losing a bonafide high, 10 year in your program player (hopefully) for 1/2nd round graded draft picks, very far from sure things.  Now, if you get 5 in return, then you are still getting a legit high quality player.

IMO, Miami would have to overpay by a lot for me to lose that type of a player.

• Like (+1) 1