What's Up Bills Fans

Just curious about Travis Henry. Beings that the Eagles are now reported as being interested in Henry I just want to know what you all think are his flaws and his best attributes are. Also, does he seem to be a "locker room" guy? Thanks for the input. I'm just wanting to know what we get if we do actually trade for him.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Not the best back in the league, but will give ya 100% when he steps on the field..pretty durable most of the time..2 consecutive 1300 seasons..Plays with pain..has had some fumbling problems.Not very fast, but strong as hell..def cracks top 15 in the league..he should stick to running though, when it comes to pass blocking, picking up the blitz or recieving he wasn't known for those attributes..but that's what you have Brian Westbrook for right?

Travis is a tough little guy who plays with a lot of heart, but it prone to fumbling and has a weakness for 14-year-old girls. He's not the sharpest tool in the shed, but he can get the job done for you in the backfield.

307658[/snapback]

In Quimby voice: "She told me she was 16..."

Overall, I think he's a very good back who will absolutely tear it up next year. He's a tough competitor who was really offended by the McGahee pick, calling it a slap in the face. Last year, he struggled mightily in the first few games before getting injured and losing his job to Willis. He did have a fumbling problem, but he worked hard at improving it. He's played through broken ribs and other injuries. He's a fairly tough guy, but his downfall in Buffalo has more to do with his complete lack of sense, both on and off the field.

Well, the one and only thing that would make me doubt this trade is the fact that we just resigned Buckhalter to a two year contract. Reid is also pretty positive about last years rookies (Bruce Perry and Eric McCoo). They played well when called upon. Reid loves good talent and youth. As far as Westbrook goes, I don't know what's going on. Could Henry replace him? Who knows. All I know is Reid hasnt drug us in the wrong direction yet. Other than that I don't really see why the Eagles can't pull this trade off.

Welcome to the best football site on the internet!

Travis Henry is a very strong runner who lacks breakaway speed for a tailback.

The above is a complete list of his attributes.

He is as dumb as a bag of rocks. He runs wrong pass patterns and misses most blocks, this when he attempts to block another player. He has a history of coughing up the football, although this is the one and only area where he did improve. Want more?

In 04, he took to sliding (untouched) in front of garage sized holes on crucial plays. The Bills did not start to win football games until he was benched.

Once, he missed a team flight to a Miami game. He went bankrupt and was forced to renegotiate a bad deal after his best seasons. He had sex with an under aged

teen. He pouts, seems to be nicked up with injuries and drops passes. He will have a hard time learning the playbook, and it is great for McNabb that he is mobile because he offers absolutely no pass protection.

Please, take him away from the great region of Western New York! If you do, my thanks go out to you and Coach Reid!

first of all dont listen to any of that crap that "bill from NYC" said. he cleary doesnt know what the hell he's talking about. travis was one of my favorite players here, watching him run through defender after defender never got old. he will never be brought down by just one guy. he will give u all that he has for just your gratitude in return. all of his negatives (pass blocking, cathing out of the backfield) i feel dont apply to philly because brian westbrook takes care of all of that. i go to school in philly so i watched them play a lot last year and the eagles didnt have a tough, hard nosed, running game. travis will give you that and you will be pleased. good luck next year and be happy if the eagles get travis

first of all dont listen to any of that crap that "bill from NYC" said. he cleary doesnt know what the hell he's talking about. travis was one of my favorite players here, watching him run through defender after defender never got old. he will never be brought down by just one guy. he will give u all that he has for just your gratitude in return. all of his negatives (pass blocking, cathing out of the backfield) i feel dont apply to philly because brian westbrook takes care of all of that. i go to school in philly so i watched them play a lot last year and the eagles didnt have a tough, hard nosed, running game. travis will give you that and you will be pleased. good luck next year and be happy if the eagles get travis

307673[/snapback]

Thank you very much sir. :doh:

Travis will be one of the best backs in the league if he should learn better pass blocking skills. His fumbles are a thing of the past. Willis this year fumbled at least 5 times that I can recall but no one ***** on him for this.

His pass catching skills are better than average but not the best. He is tough to bring down in the open field. Ask Zach Thomas. Not very fast but will get you lots of yards and I won't be surprised if someday he has 1600 yards rushing very soon.

Travis will be one of the best backs in the league if he should learn better pass blocking skills.  His fumbles are a thing of the past.  Willis this year fumbled at least 5 times that I can recall but no one ***** on him for this.

His pass catching skills are better than average but not the best.  He is tough to bring down in the open field.  Ask Zach Thomas.  Not very fast but will get you lots of yards and I won't be surprised if someday he has 1600 yards rushing very soon.

307679[/snapback]

If Travis will soon rush for 1,600 yards and is a "better than average receiver," why are the Bills shopping him?

Is Willis a GREAT receiver? Will he rush for 1,700 yards? Hey, what about the falling down and wrong pass routes? Does this not matter? How about the Bills w/l record with this miscreant as a starter?

Travis is a bad and dumb football player. He will not rush for another 1,600 yards in the rest of his career, let alone 1 season.

Positives: Might be the toughest back in the league. Has played well with broken ribs and broken leg. Takes more than one guy to bring him down. Solid inside runner.

Negatives: Don't run him outside, he's not quick enough to turn the corner, and hesitates picking his holes, he would rather make a hole. Fumbles way to often to not be waiting for it every time he touches the ball. His hands are very small, so don't ask him to catch screen passes. If you call a screen pass to him, he's likely to run the wrong route. If McNabb trusts him to pick up a blitz, he'll get killed.

Overall: Henry definitely is among the top 15 backs in the league because of his bruising downhill running style. When he finds a hole, I love watching him run because it looks like he just glides even though he isn't the fastest guy.

McGahee ended up in Buffalo because Donohoe was looking for the best player available, not because of anything Henry did. It just so happened that the McGahee thing worked out better than anyone thought, because can do everything Travis can't, and dominate doing it.

Toughest back in the league. Once played a half on a broken leg. Will always give you 100%. First two defenders will never bring him down- it takes many. Hands and blocking skills are not that great but he will score alot of touchdowns. There is a little Earl Cambell in him. He would be a great aquisition for the eagles. Especially with Westbrook. Fug TO! Good luck Travis!

Just curious about Travis Henry.  Beings that the Eagles are now reported as being interested in Henry I just want to know what you all think are his flaws and his best attributes are.  Also, does he seem to be a "locker room" guy?  Thanks for the input.  I'm just wanting to know what we get if we do actually trade for him.

307653[/snapback]

Henry breaks tackles. The first guy rarely gets him down. He has a very low center of gravity, kind of like a bowling ball. He is also a team player, he lays it all down on the line to win.

The down side is that he is just not the smartest player around. Case in Point: at home against the Patriots last year the Bills were driving towards the tying touchdown with under two minutes to go. Deep in New England territory we faced a third and two. Henry, who had been tearing it up that whole drive is given the ball going off tackle to the right. Big hole, huge hole. He falls. Fourth and four with the game on the line. The Bills decide to try a bootleg right figuring they will never expect us to run Bledsoe. Drew is to fake it to Henry going left and then keep it around the right side. Problem: Henry goes the wrong way, he goes right with Drew. The whole Patriot line and LB corps, following Henry, was right there to blow up Drew who fumbled which they returned for a TD. Biggest play in the biggest game of the season and Henry goes the wrong freaking way.

His short arms and penchant for switching the ball from hand to hand in traffic leads to some fumbles but he seems to have improved there so I wouldn't worry about that. Just make sure before each play some one tells him which way to go. :doh:

Travis is one of the toughest and most fearless, fearsome runners in the league and one of the toughest to bring down. One guy will rarely do it. He's a tackle breaking machine and will play his heart out for you. Scores a lot of touchdowns albeit rarely if ever breaking long runs. The Bills team voted him their MVP. He can catch adequately out of the backfield but will drop an easy one here and there and don't ask him to run patterns downfield more than 7 yards. Can't pass block for sh-- but will try. Has an excellent stiff arm. Had fumbling problems that have gotten less worrisome the last couple years, mostly due to a habit of switching the ball in his small hands. Most fans will love him by the way he plays and runs hard and produces. But some, perhaps rightfully, will attach more weight to his glaring weaknesses and think they trump his outstanding running skills. Not a smart guy and has had minor off the field problems but not because he's a jerk, he's not. He's, I think, the all-time leading rusher in Tennessee history, a school noted for great backs.

He plays with a chip on his shoulder and will likely do very well on a team like the Eagles.

Just curious about Travis Henry.  Beings that the Eagles are now reported as being interested in Henry I just want to know what you all think are his flaws and his best attributes are.  Also, does he seem to be a "locker room" guy?  Thanks for the input.  I'm just wanting to know what we get if we do actually trade for him.

307653[/snapback]

First of all, welcome. Second, my points will pretty much echo those already stated, but i'll make them anyways.

Henry is a solid running back. He is a north-south runner who doesn't really improvise if the play breaks down. He'll simply run through people rather than around them. His TD numbers are decent because he has a history of plowing through the line to get them. He's also extremely tough. as previously noted, he ran on a broken leg, and got most of his yards in one of his 1000 yard seasons with a broken rib.

Henry lacks breakaway speed, definitely needs to be coached in pass receiving and blocking (by coached, i mean told what those words even mean... needless to say, he sucked). Henry had a history of making game turning fumbles (the denver game??), and not getting critical first downs. I thought henry was a team player till the bills drafted willis mcgahee. He moaned about that being a slap in his face and bla bla bla. Also, he had an "incident" with a 15 year old halfway house escapee who claimed she was 18, at a gas station. He eventually lost his job to mcgahee partially because willis was healthy, and partially because he couldn't make anything happen during the first half of last season.

In summary, i think travis would be a decent addition to the eagles. Bills fans can agree that travis will be a team player if kept happy, simply because he's too stupid not to be. He'll rush for 1000 yards again in a simplified, run happy offense. He'll need a lot of time with your coaches if you want him to be a 3rd down back. Also, he'll give a great interview, if only for the sake of comedy. Now, can we have your 2nd round pick this year, and your first next year?

Positives: Tough as nails. Most likely, he will play at least 15 games a season for the rest of his career. Can run straight forward and run over people. It will often take 2 guys to take him down.

Negatives: If you're looking for a 6th O-lineman (ie "a blocking back"), look elsewhere. He will not be happy backing up anyone, as according to him, he is a top 5 back in the league. He is painfully dumb. He seems to be able to catch 10 passes in a row and then drop one that hits him square in both hands.

He was once a fumble machine, but as noted, has since seemed to get that problem completely under control.