Made in China

On 4/3/2020 at 9:34 PM, Joe in Winslow said:

If it were up to me, I'd cut China off at the knees.

Yes, this is the key IMO.

In the first instance, you ideally want to be buying "home grown".

But failing that, your second preferred option is to establish trade agreements with your traditional western allies with reliable economies, as well as shared or similar ideology, social norms, beliefs and customs.

In the case of the US, that would include nations such as the UK, Canada, Australia, NZ, Germany, Italy, Ireland, Japan etc.

China should also be made to pay reparations to all affected nations (believe it or not, they have just re-opened their wet markets overnight!!) - and this is where the unbreakable resolve of one Donald Trump will be an invaluable asset. Because as sure as your ass points down to the ground, he will hold them to account. His biggest challenge will be to drag other weak-willed, spineless world leaders along with him in an effort to exert maximum pressure on the world's most dangerous regime.

The next 12 months will be very interesting to say the least.

Edited by SydneyBillsFan

15 minutes ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

Yes, this is the key IMO.

In the first instance, you ideally want to be buying "home grown".

But failing that, your second preferred option is to establish trade agreements with your traditional western allies with reliable economies, as well as shared or similar ideology, social norms, beliefs and customs.

In the case of the US, that would include nations such as the UK, Canada, Australia, NZ, Germany, Italy, Ireland, Japan etc.

China should also be made to pay reparations to all affected nations (believe it or not, they have just re-opened their wet markets overnight!!) - and this is where the unbreakable resolve of one Donald Trump will be an invaluable asset. Because as sure as your ass points down to the ground, he will hold them to account. His biggest challenge will be to drag other weak-willed, spineless world leaders along with him in an effort to exert maximum pressure on the world's most dangerous regime.

The next 12 months will be very interesting to say the least.

While fine in theory I doubt very much that China will make any reparations to the rest of the world.  We still can not be sure that this pandemic was not intentional.

1 hour ago, RochesterRob said:

We still can not be sure that this pandemic was not intentional.

Which is exactly why I wrote this:

In the first instance, you ideally want to be buying "home grown".

But failing that, your second preferred option is to establish trade agreements with your traditional western allies with reliable economies, as well as shared or similar ideology, social norms, beliefs and customs.

In the case of the US, that would include nations such as the UK, Canada, Australia, NZ, Germany, Italy, Ireland, Japan etc.

My point being that as global citizens from Western economies we must band together and give China the economical cold shoulder, so that if another pandemic or biological disaster breaks out our reliance on them in largely mitigated.

This is a historical lesson that we must all learn from.

Edited by SydneyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1

On 4/3/2020 at 7:30 AM, LeviF91 said:

We should not allow anything made in China to be sold in America without making companies pay an arm and a leg to bring it here, to the point that it might as well be prohibited.

We should not allow any people made in China to migrate here or attend our universities.

so, you're saying that the globalists have lost?

this attempt by the criminals to level the playing field by making everyone a third world country to be better able to implement their agenda is destined to fail?

Edited by Foxx

4 hours ago, RochesterRob said:

While fine in theory I doubt very much that China will make any reparations to the rest of the world.  We still can not be sure that this pandemic was not intentional.

Reparations thru a court that China will not recognize would be an interesting challenge and in the end be ineffective, but can play a role to bring collective pressure. The real issue with China will be as always, patents respect and labor laws. It was and is the same with Mexico. Until manufacturing companies insist on these nothing will happen. 

Ask yourself this question, US dept of labour insists that companies doing business in Mexico adhere to the same OHSA standards as US facilities. I have lived thru that.

Sub suppliers do not have to adhere.

US companies with China .locations  do not have to adhere because the Fed. Govn does not apply it. NAFTA was the catalyst for Mexico. Trump and the republicans have  no desire to press this position with China. 

Canada is the same position.

You have to ask politicians, why?

The answer $$$

1 hour ago, Foxx said:

this attempt by the criminals to level the playing field by making everyone a third world country to be better able to implement their agenda is destined to fail?

The grand globalist experiment is an abysmal failure for America and Americans. Whether the globalists have lost is still up in the air. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Foxx said:

1 minute ago, LeviF91 said:

The grand globalist experiment is an abysmal failure for America and Americans. Whether the globalists have lost is still up in the air. 

I hope globalism is over as a political practice. This may just mean they lay low for a bit, and then have to pay more to the corrupt politicians willing to sell their countries out.  ?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I hope globalism is over as a political practice. This may just mean they lay low for a bit, and then have to pay more to the corrupt politicians willing to sell their countries out.  ?

The globalists are still working to get a POTUS this fall that will bend to their desires.  The path will just be a bit longer now with Corona Virus raising people's interest in world affairs.

in order for the globalists agenda to work, all the world's economies must be fairly level. it would be much easier to bring those first world economies to third world status than it is/has been to bring third world economies to first world status.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 4/3/2020 at 12:27 PM, Gary Busey said:

Anyone wearing a MAGA hat is part of the cult - yes

So you are opposed to a great America?

22 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

If that's the standard does wearing a Bills hat make me part of a cult?

He stole it from Reagan. My only problem with the slogan is America's always been great.

Yes, great but in the toilet. Now we are going back on top!

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Niagara Bill said:

Reparations thru a court that China will not recognize would be an interesting challenge and in the end be ineffective, but can play a role to bring collective pressure.

You're dreaming. China doesn't even comply with rulings from international courts they do recognize.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

You're dreaming. China doesn't even comply with rulings from international courts they do recognize.

Maybe you should read first before jumping. I said it would likely be ineffective. Is that dreaming. I went on to say that it may be pressure from many countries. 

Did you even think about labor laws...and patents?

6 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

Maybe you should read first before jumping. I said it would likely be ineffective. Is that dreaming. I went on to say that it may be pressure from many countries. 

Did you even think about labor laws...and patents?

You're right, I apparently wasn't clear. I'll try again: They. Don't. Care.

You can't pressure a regime who doesn't give a flying crap about international "pressure". They know they can't be isolated and sanctioned without crashing the global economy, and very few countries can challenge them militarily.

Did you even think about how they've been ignoring international IP law for decades, with pressure amounting to zilch? I'm guessing not.

• Like (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

You're right, I apparently wasn't clear. I'll try again: They. Don't. Care.

You can't pressure a regime who doesn't give a flying crap about international "pressure". They know they can't be isolated and sanctioned without crashing the global economy, and very few countries can challenge them militarily.

Did you even think about how they've been ignoring international IP law for decades, with pressure amounting to zilch? I'm guessing not.

Not only that but life is very cheap over there, unfortunately.  They could easily go back to starving the majority of the population as long as the CCP holds the weapons.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Not only that but life is very cheap over there, unfortunately.  They could easily go back to starving the majority of the population as long as the CCP holds the weapons.

Of course not. The PRC was founded by a guy who once said about nuclear war, "The best outcome may be that only half of the population is left and the second best may be only one-third. When 900 million are left out of 2.9 billion, several five-year plans can be developed for the total elimination of capitalism and for permanent peace. It is not a bad thing".  (Mao's Second Speech to the Party Congress, May 17, 1958)

http://www.worldfuturefund.org/wffmaster/Reading/Quotes/maoterror.htm

Edited by Koko78
  • Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Of course not. The PRC was founded by a guy who once said about nuclear war, "The best outcome may be that only half of the population is left and the second best may be only one-third. When 900 million are left out of 2.9 billion, several five-year plans can be developed for the total elimination of capitalism and for permanent peace. It is not a bad thing".  (Mao's Second Speech to the Party Congress, May 17, 1958)

http://www.worldfuturefund.org/wffmaster/Reading/Quotes/maoterror.htm

Now we know who Thanos was reading in college.

On 4/3/2020 at 8:53 PM, Doc Brown said:

If that's the standard does wearing a Bills hat make me part of a cult?

He stole it from Reagan. My only problem with the slogan is America's always been great.

No, silly rabbit, it makes you a part of a mafia. ;)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1