XFL week 5 gameday thread

5 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Cup snake is back.

I can't believe how mundane the St. Louis gameplan is. Did Ta'amu"s arm fall off?

DC I get with Jackson playing, but Ta'amu?

You know the game is bad when the announcers and cameras are focusing more on the cupsnake than the game 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Steptide said:

You know the game is bad when the announcers and cameras are focusing more on the cupsnake than the game 

I bit on that 37.5 O/U hard.  Oh well. It's this or lottery tickets.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

2 hours ago, par73 said:

First time I checked a game in the last couple weeks (mainly for Cardale and Tyree). Ugh.

Cardale has been awful the last 3 weeks. Watching him the past 2 games, I have no idea how he survived in the NFL as long as he did 

39 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Cardale has been awful the last 3 weeks. Watching him the past 2 games, I have no idea how he survived in the NFL as long as he did 

Because he never had to play.  If they had let him play - he would have been out of the league faster.

The Bills saw it and then the Chargers saw it.  Now the XFL is seeing it.  

53 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

Because he never had to play.  If they had let him play - he would have been out of the league faster.

The Bills saw it and then the Chargers saw it.  Now the XFL is seeing it.  

Sadly Tyree isn't even XFL-competent.

So DC/StL barely crack 21 total points, but two offensively-challenged teams like LA/TB are gonna go over 43.5 pts in the first half.

I'll say this. There are more fans cheering for the Wildcats in that stadium that the Chargers ever had in LA.

Who knew? LA/TB highest scoring XFL game: 75 pts. Most points scored by a team: LA with 41. 780 yards combined offense. TB had at the 9 and threw a pick. 41-34 final. LA wins

Edited by PromoTheRobot

6 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

You know what they need more than QB's in the XFL? Offensive linemen!

Yeah - much like QB - the NFL needs more quality O-linemen and it really becomes apparent the lower you get - the total lack of O-Line depth and quality.

7 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

You know what they need more than QB's in the XFL? Offensive linemen!

The NFL better be careful the XFL doesn’t hire all the good ones away.  Just the new Rams logo is enough to send their players screaming for the exits.

The late game was fun, really love how they get you the chatter between the coaches and players, it really lets you into the game. I know Vince McMahon has the league funded for 3 seasons allegedly so I hope it survives long term because the league is fun just a bit rough around the edges.

1 hour ago, billsfan89 said:

The late game was fun, really love how they get you the chatter between the coaches and players, it really lets you into the game. I know Vince McMahon has the league funded for 3 seasons allegedly so I hope it survives long term because the league is fun just a bit rough around the edges.

That was a crazy game. Too bad TB threw a pick at the end. That receiver was wide open if he turned sooner.

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

That was a crazy game. Too bad TB threw a pick at the end. That receiver was wide open if he turned sooner.

Unfortunate for the league that game ended late on the east coast. It would have been better if that was an earlier game with a wider audience.

Just now, billsfan89 said:

Unfortunate for the league that game ended late on the east coast. It would have been better if that was an earlier game with a wider audience.

True. The early game was the worst of the season.