XFL week 5 gameday thread

13 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

It didn't look like Seattle cared. Literally running for the bus.

On another note, each team's roster wins $100K in bonus $$$ with each win. Houston's getting paid at 5-0.

if that is divided amongst the players only which I think it is - each guy has made an additional $9,000 total for the 5 wins so far.  

Not bad for 5 weeks work.  

38 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

It didn't look like Seattle cared. Literally running for the bus.

On another note, each team's roster wins $100K in bonus $$$ with each win. Houston's getting paid at 5-0.

$100k bonus per win

x4 games per week

x10 weeks per season

=$4M bonus per season

Several NFL players make more than that for being on the roster in March

2 hours ago, /dev/null said:

$100k bonus per win  

x4 games per week

x10 weeks per season

=$4M bonus per season. Spread out amongst several hundred players 

Considering even with the win bonus added in - most players besides the QBs will make around $55,000 for their 10 games - they are not exactly making much money.  

They will make a bit under $480,000 less than the NFL minimum and well below even the PS players before the new CBA.  Even with the bigger QB salaries they are way below NFL PS levels.  The players are totally being screwed for money as the pay in the XFL is even less than the AAFL was.

The question becomes how many get invites and how many do not.  I really do not see this as viable beyond next season and if the virus scare continues on the coasts - attendance will plummet even further for teams like Seattle, NY, and LA.  

I know Vince pulled enough money to fund 2+ seasons, but I am not sure at what point he pulls the plug or has the plug pulled for him.  

League admits it effed up. Reassigned official.

NBCSports.com: XFL admits blunder at end of Seattle-Houston game.
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/03/07/xfl-admits-blunder-at-end-of-seattle-houston-game/

15 hours ago, Rochesterfan said:

He has the last 2 years and could not make the Bills WRs either year (and I am told that the Bills had pathetic WRs the last 2 years).  After not making the Bills or a PS last year - how good is he really?

My guess is he gets an invite, but he just is not good enough against NFL starting or back-up CBs. He will be potential NFL PS with the new expanded Rosters.

I seen to recall Philips being injured with the Bills.

14 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

bruised ego; out indefinitely

Especially since Perez is making them better.

13 hours ago, /dev/null said:

$100k bonus per win

x4 games per week

x10 weeks per season

=$4M bonus per season

I think that's split with the entire roster. But still it's a carrot when you only make $55K base.

4 hours ago, PaoloBillsFanFromItaly said:

I enjoyed both games, hard fought football and some glimpses of good football

It's football. I put a few bucks on each game, light up a blunt, crack open a beer and enjoy. 

15 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Hoping tyrree stays in at qb

Replaced a former Bills QB with another former Bills QB and throws his first TD to a former Bill. Sounds a bit Billsy of a thing to do....

Edited by fansince88

Pep Hamilton comes off as kind of a prick when he's mic'd up. He seems to think his game plan/play calls are perfect and it's always the players' fault.

Anyone else picking up on that?

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I'm really surprised at how badly St.L is playing today.

They're not all in it mentally. The play where they let the RB keep running displayed that.

• Like (+1) 1