Obituaries

Foxx

12 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Sad.

I heard that Stallone loved the man.

RIP Mr.Dennehy.

Even sadder is I thought this man had already passed.

I only got to meet him briefly on two different occasions, but from what I saw he always went out of his way to be overly kind to everyone he interacted with, especially crew/production members. Which is not something you can say about every actor (even nice ones). It's my own little gauge when working with people, actors will always kiss up to writers/producers/directors because they know we can get them the next job -- but most will ignore/avoid interactions with the carpenters, gaffers, boom ops, et al... Not Brian. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

On 4/16/2020 at 11:13 AM, Deranged Rhino said:

RIP.
I got to meet/serve him once bartending when he was filming a movie in Salem OR a long time ago.
Like DR said, a very nice, respectful man.

Edited by Uncle Joe
  • Like (+1) 3

On 4/16/2020 at 2:13 PM, Deranged Rhino said:

This one hurts, a real nice person in my experience: https://variety.com/2020/film/news/brian-dennehy-dead-dies-tommy-boy-first-blood-1234582309/

He was one of the good guys for sure. I had a few drinks with him in a bar in Vancouver, Canada in 1997. I had seen him in the movies, but when he got up to go to the washroom, I said to myself “Holy ***** he’s a large man!!!” Class act! RIP. 

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Great coach. Too bad he never gave Marino better weapons.

I dunno, Clayton and Duper were pretty damn good. They just never had a running game or defense to stop the other side...

6 minutes ago, Cinga said:

I dunno, Clayton and Duper were pretty damn good. They just never had a running game or defense to stop the other side...

They were good; I wasn't solely talking receivers.

46 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Don Shula, legendary Miami Dolphins head coach, has died at age 90

Read more at cbsnews.com ...

I had a chance to speak with him several years back. I had sent him game film from when he played with the Browns. One day, I get a call on my cell. I pick it up and I hear, "Hey Ken. It's Don Shula. Thanks for the game film. It brought back a lot of memories." We talked for a few more minutes, then we scheduled a formal interview that lasted about 45 minutes.

Edited by KRC
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, KRC said:

I had a chance to speak with him several years back. I had sent him game film from when he played with the Browns. One day, I get a call on my cell. I pick it up and I hear, "Hey Ken. It's Don Shula. Thanks for the game film. It brought back a lot of memories." We talked for a few more minutes, then we scheduled a formal interview that lasted about 45 minutes.

Did you hire him?

16 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Do you own a Giglio service for wealthy older women in South Beach?  If so I think you missed out here.  

I am very discrete, so I will not reveal details.

• Haha (+1) 2

10 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Do you own a Giglio service for wealthy older women in South Beach?  If so I think you missed out here.  

Tips are nice and social distancing is sorta frowned upon.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Foxx said:

LAMP: Wifey and I were on our honeymoon and we went to their last show (the tiger attack). We met Siegfried when we went back to Las Vegas on our 10th Anniversary and we had a brief conversation with him. Nice guy. We talked about Roy's improvement and how well he was doing with his recovery. RIP Roy.

• Like (+1) 2